Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-16-2015, 05:06 PM

1,006 posts, read 737,753 times

Advertisements

Well I got snipped at 24, 5 years and several girlfriends later I'm still single. No issue meeting women, and no issues while dating them (for years in fact)...that is until their feelings become so strong that they feel they can change my mind. Every relationship I've had since that decision has ended because of their persistence to "give me a child" despite my candidness regarding not fathering a child before ever becoming exclusive. Most consider it an insult at this point but ironically its what intrigued them and sparked their interest in dating me. Traveling's a passion, as is learning and establishing friendships across the globe. For me its really not a choice between spoiling my wife and myself vs having a child in this already overpopulated clump of stardust. Finding a woman who has no desire to get knocked up is extremely difficult. To this day I don't regret my decision.

I'm equally at odds with the overwhelming amount of degenerates reproducing by the truckloads and without any consideration for this planets future. Seems that most of the brightest choose to skip reproducing.

More people should consider adoption as well, its a decision I'd consider if the woman I just could not live without decided she had to experience motherhood. My dad was adopted so I see no issues here.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-16-2015, 05:15 PM

11,162 posts, read 7,660,777 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Idon'tdateyou View Post
I don't have kids and the abuse I've gotten because of it is amazing. I like kids and because of that I'm supposed either to desire kids or more common to desire to be a step mom. I don't judge people for having kids (well except those who do so for welfare) and in return I ask them not to judge me. Doesn't work that way though.
I hope you have learned to tell people to MYOB in a polite way. Turn it around on them, say "Why do you want to know?" or "Why would you ask such a rude question?".

Old 02-16-2015, 05:17 PM

10,216 posts, read 8,325,413 times
I don't have kids. If a woman won't date me for that then it's her loss.

Old 02-16-2015, 05:31 PM

10,029 posts, read 10,911,078 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Petunia 100 View Post
I hope you have learned to tell people to MYOB in a polite way. Turn it around on them, say "Why do you want to know?" or "Why would you ask such a rude question?".
I do but so many think they have the right to ask. Lately I get judged because of my anti step stance.

Old 02-16-2015, 06:58 PM

8,518 posts, read 15,662,948 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Petunia 100 View Post
It isn't always that easy. A lot of times, it's family questioning your choices. Or maybe it's the people you work with. You want to tell them to mind their own business, but you also have to be diplomatic about it, depending on the person. It's just like the marriage question. I could be at wedding of a family friend and friends of my parents might question why I still haven't gotten married. On the inside, I'm tempted to say "why, so I can end up in a lousy marriage like yours?" But on the outside, I just smile and say "I just haven't met the right person yet." Unfortunately, people can be persistent. They even think your evasiveness is an invitation to keep pushing the issue.

Old 02-16-2015, 07:05 PM

17,232 posts, read 57,198,478 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ayahuasca_mike View Post
Well I got snipped at 24, 5 years and several girlfriends later I'm still single. No issue meeting women, and no issues while dating them (for years in fact)...that is until their feelings become so strong that they feel they can change my mind. Every relationship I've had since that decision has ended because of their persistence to "give me a child" despite my candidness regarding not fathering a child before ever becoming exclusive. Most consider it an insult at this point but ironically its what intrigued them and sparked their interest in dating me. Traveling's a passion, as is learning and establishing friendships across the globe. For me its really not a choice between spoiling my wife and myself vs having a child in this already overpopulated clump of stardust. Finding a woman who has no desire to get knocked up is extremely difficult. To this day I don't regret my decision.

I'm equally at odds with the overwhelming amount of degenerates reproducing by the truckloads and without any consideration for this planets future. Seems that most of the brightest choose to skip reproducing.

More people should consider adoption as well, its a decision I'd consider if the woman I just could not live without decided she had to experience motherhood. My dad was adopted so I see no issues here.
I hear ya. This is more of a problem in the "Bible Belt" than it is other places, with you being in Dallas, that's not exactly the buckle of the bible belt, but it's in there.

With something like 80% of women eventually becoming mothers at some point in life, I don't know what to suggest outside of using OLD with a "child free" emphasis to screen out the 80% you don't want. OLD is far from perfect, but IMHO beats going out on 3-5 dates with random women, 8 out of 10 of whom are not going to be compatible.

Old 02-17-2015, 06:52 PM

10,855 posts, read 6,387,180 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wolf39us View Post
When someone says they are Childfree, it means by choice.

'Childless' or 'Childfree': The Difference Matters

A Childfree person would probably want to date someone else who is childfree and NOT childLESS. If they want children and don't have any, then that is not the optimal person to date!

There's no moral superiority inherent to the use of the term.
^This.

I would refer to myself demographically as "childfree, by choice"-for the express purpose of distinguishing it from "childless, involuntarily".
It has nothing to do with dissing anybody else or me presuming to impose my personal desires/values upon anyone else.
Unapologetically stating this fact about myself is *not* an implicit indictment of those who choose & feel differently.

I don't like youngsters, I don't want them-so I don't have them.
The last thing I'd ever worry about is that the planet will run out of humans, and it will somehow be "all my fault".

We allow people to call themselves vegetarians, vegans, etc.-regardless of whether one perceives those labels to be a criticism of meat-eaters/carnivores.
So I don't see why people get so reactive about the way a person explains his/her decisions & status in terms of reproduction/parenting-or opting out of those.

My preferences, tolerances, and priorities do not (should not) nullify, undermine, nor threaten those of other folks-and vice versa. Live and let live !

Old 02-17-2015, 07:13 PM

1,514 posts, read 2,123,981 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cloven View Post
^This.

I would refer to myself demographically as "childfree, by choice"-for the express purpose of distinguishing it from "childless, involuntarily".
It has nothing to do with dissing anybody else or me presuming to impose my personal desires/values upon anyone else.
Unapologetically stating this fact about myself is *not* an implicit indictment of those who choose & feel differently.

The last thing I'd ever worry about is that the planet will run out of humans, and it will somehow be "all my fault".

We allow people to call themselves vegetarians, vegans, etc.-regardless of whether one perceives those labels to be a criticism of meat-eaters/carnivores.
So I don't see why people get so reactive about the way a person explains his/her decisions & status in terms of reproduction/parenting-or opting out of those.

My preferences, tolerances, and priorities do not (should not) nullify, undermine, nor threaten those of other folks-and vice versa. Live and let live !
Some people take it personally when you say you're opting out of having children. I don't get it myself, tbh.

Old 02-17-2015, 08:32 PM

8,518 posts, read 15,662,948 times
Quote:
^This.

Well said.

Old 02-18-2015, 06:14 AM

25,901 posts, read 42,769,764 times
Quote:
^This.

There are people on this thread without children who don't dislike them, and they don't call themselves childfree. It's a word that usually connotes "I don't like kids." The two usually seem to go hand in hand. I saw it all the time on the Parenting board. I have three children and would avoid people who announced that they don't like children, just as they would no doubt avoid me. The OP sounded confused as to why she had a hard time finding men who wanted to date her, but the simple answer is that most people don't dislike children. They either want their own or at least have enough tolerance for them to not choose that label.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships