Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-12-2016, 11:48 AM

1,830 posts, read 2,153,050 times

Advertisements

It's not creepy at all. It's 2 years for crying out loud. Anyone who finds this creepy and offensive needs to focus their energy on other things. It's not that serious.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-12-2016, 11:59 AM

5,751 posts, read 10,383,085 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TenorSax83 View Post
I did. I told him how he might work through this situation, based on my own experience (I am almost 4 years older than my wife 32/28, but when we met she was a college freshmen and I had just graduated). Her dad, a pretty tough mofo, didn't like the age difference but I was respectful of his daughter and her parents. We we dated as "friends" and things developed from there. It's almost 6 years of marriage in Nov, so what seemed trivial at the time, really wasn't in the long run.
I see your point though, I might've hurt the young brotha's feelings so... Op if i did, please excuse my sarcasm. But, do take my advice
I am now that tough mofo of a beautiful teen daughter... Do not make me mad - I have a shotgun and keys to that college tuition bank. Your approach would work with me. Nicely played.

Old 10-12-2016, 12:01 PM

7,284 posts, read 16,692,569 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kamenriderbrave View Post
So I'm a 19 year old freshman in college, just turned 19 not a while ago and a few weeks over the summer for a while, I got really close with this girl and developed feelings for her and I think she feels the same. However, she's a 17 year old HS senior and due to that, I'm not sure if I should try and pursue a relationship.
Was pretty convinced you were serious until I read the punchline.

Quote:
It's not like a 20 year old dating a 17 year old, right as I don't like the idea of a much older guy pursuing a HS girl.

Old 10-12-2016, 12:10 PM

12,823 posts, read 24,413,624 times
Quote:
So I'm a 19 year old freshman in college, just turned 19 not a while ago and a few weeks over the summer for a while, I got really close with this girl and developed feelings for her and I think she feels the same. However, she's a 17 year old HS senior and due to that, I'm not sure if I should try and pursue a relationship. College isn't too far from her, but still. I really do like her, but I'm unsure of what to do now. It's not like a 20 year old dating a 17 year old, right as I don't like the idea of a much older guy pursuing a HS girl.
I didn't have time to go through the entire thread to see if you already answered the following question.

It's the only question that truly matters here.

Are you or are you not breaking the law?

If you don't know the answer, you better find out quick!

Old 10-12-2016, 12:10 PM

25,901 posts, read 42,720,278 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoCUBS1 View Post
I think those who do not think this may come off as creepy should ask the 17-19 year-olds around them about it.
My 17-year-old daughter had a 19-year-old boyfriend. They're now 20 and 22.

Old 10-12-2016, 12:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustJulia View Post
My 17-year-old daughter had a 19-year-old boyfriend. They're now 20 and 22.
I never said it couldn't work out. I said some people may find it weird/creepy as the OP described.

The OP is asking this question because he knows people may think that way and he's leery to deal with it.
I know people who think that way. Again, maybe I'm in the most conservative backwards area around, but this is my experience.

Old 10-12-2016, 12:23 PM

15 posts, read 12,258 times
But many people around me have said it's ok though

Old 10-12-2016, 12:25 PM

30,902 posts, read 33,021,357 times
Quote:
You said you wanted our answers and we gave you our answers.

If you're this sure it's all fine then you don't need us or our input in the first place. We gave it anyway so accept it graciously and then do what you want.

Old 10-12-2016, 12:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BayAreaHillbilly View Post
I didn't have time to go through the entire thread to see if you already answered the following question.

It's the only question that truly matters here.

Are you or are you not breaking the law?

If you don't know the answer, you better find out quick!

Also find out her parents law of the land.

Old 10-12-2016, 12:30 PM

Quote:
And what does she and her parents say?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships