Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-07-2016, 07:15 AM

10,216 posts, read 8,310,947 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by funymann View Post
Go something like....

"Hey, this is ...... From High School!"

"Who?"

"..... From High School."

"The guy from ..... Class in High School .... ?"

"Yeah! It's me! How are you?"

*CLICK*

*mmmmmmm*

"Hello?"
Sounds about right lol
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-07-2016, 07:20 AM

20,722 posts, read 16,386,025 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Strogonoff View Post
So I found a girl via FB that I knew from HS. Thing is I wasn't really nice to her and kind of a jerk back then even calling her ugly. She had a bad acme problem and used to dress with very baggy clothes and was pretty shy. It has been 8 years since graduating and I am not like that anymore. And I must say, she has gotten VERY attractive. Like night and day difference.

Looking at her interests and such we have a lot in common and live very close. Would it be wrong to ask her out?
Well...now that she's hot...by all means! Would you have asked her out just because of YOUR personality change or did your personality only change because of her current "hotness"?

I hope she considers all her interactions with you before she answers...and no, you weren't "kind of a jerk" you were a BIG JERK.

Old 12-07-2016, 07:24 AM

100 posts, read 88,699 times
Go for it. People change as they mature. A couple of friends of mine went to school together. She beat him up in the third grade. He asked her to prom their junior year and she turned him down. They have been married 10 years now.

Old 12-07-2016, 07:28 AM

10,216 posts, read 8,310,947 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stratman View Post
Go for it. People change as they mature. A couple of friends of mine went to school together. She beat him up in the third grade. He asked her to prom their junior year and she turned him down. They have been married 10 years now.
This is just me but I couldn't possibly marry a woman who was a b**** to me in high school. I won't even acknowledge them at my high school reunion. To this day I can't stand them.

Old 12-07-2016, 07:45 AM

26,700 posts, read 41,758,476 times
I would just like to say to everyone getting on OP for wanting to date because she looks hot now, let me explain something. Men are visual creatures, basic biology, if you change your looks there is a good chance men who wouldn't talk to you before are going to want to talk to you now. Now your prerogative on whether to reject them or not, but it is what it is.

Old 12-07-2016, 07:50 AM

602 posts, read 396,215 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dissenter View Post
I would just like to say to everyone getting on OP for wanting to date because she looks hot now, let me explain something. Men are visual creatures, basic biology, if you change your looks there is a good chance men who wouldn't talk to you before are going to want to talk to you now. Now your prerogative on whether to reject them or not, but it is what it is.
okay, that's fine. And we women usually don't forget crap like that, so don't be surprised if you:
a) get outright rejected
b) get a date just so she can pour a drink on you or otherwise humiliate you
c) get a date and she really leads you on.... and then you get ghosted as revenge

You know, it is what it is.

Old 12-07-2016, 07:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SelfRescuingPrincess View Post
okay, that's fine. And we women usually don't forget crap like that, so don't be surprised if you:
a) get outright rejected
c) get a date and she really leads you on.... and then you get ghosted as revenge

You are assuming I'd be stupid enough to even ask out someone I tormented, which you are barking up the wrong tree here. I have far more intelligence than anyone on CD would ever give me credit for to do such a thing.

Old 12-07-2016, 07:58 AM

602 posts, read 396,215 times
that was a general "you" and the fact that you thought I was addressing specifically you tells me all I need to know about your intelligence level.

Old 12-07-2016, 08:06 AM

6,885 posts, read 7,896,042 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dissenter View Post
Knowing that doesn't make me want to excuse the previous behavior, nor will it enable me to trust someone again.

It isn't like he's saying he is now attracted to someone he wasn't attracted to before. He's saying he'd like to earn the interest of someone he treated cruelly before.

Do you know how human emotion works?

Old 12-07-2016, 08:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SelfRescuingPrincess View Post
a) get outright rejected

Oh yeah if a woman does B or C, then they have stooped to his level ten years ago, congratulations.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships