Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-07-2016, 12:19 PM

602 posts, read 396,215 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 49ersfan27 View Post
I sense your sarcasm and I'm not in the mood. Take it elsewhere.
sorry, but I almost LOLed here.... I think she was being serious.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-07-2016, 12:26 PM

10,341 posts, read 5,870,295 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SelfRescuingPrincess View Post
sorry, but I almost LOLed here.... I think she was being serious.
It's like I have a laptop and am sitting on a parkbnch next to him, like that last lady he told off. I can actually feel how the women 49ers talks to feel when dealing with him, it's just bizarre and disconnected.

So yes, the reason he does this did make sense.

Old 12-07-2016, 12:39 PM

22,278 posts, read 21,740,695 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RbccL View Post
True. I was just immediately brought back to a really awful looking guy who would have to make the time to say things to me in HS. Can't remember if I saw him as ugly bc of his face or personality. Either way, I think it's easier to grow out of the physical ugly than an ugly personality. She's probably 'way out of his league' by now.
The only guy who ever tried to bully me was really short, and I could tell he was insecure, so it didn't really have an impact.

Old 12-07-2016, 12:43 PM

22,278 posts, read 21,740,695 times
Quote:
It's like I have a laptop and am sitting on a parkbnch next to him, like that last lady he told off. I can actually feel how the women 49ers talks to feel when dealing with him, it's just bizarre and disconnected.

So yes, the reason he does this did make sense.
Imagine how he reacted when that girl asked him to the prom. No wonder she decided to go with someone else!

Old 12-07-2016, 02:31 PM

11,798 posts, read 12,040,540 times
Quote:
This thread itself brings back how awful high school was. People were cruel as hell and I am so happy I never have to see them again. I could less if they're not even living anymore.
What a kind thing to say, for someone who claims to have just lost a loved one.

Old 12-07-2016, 03:23 PM

7,235 posts, read 7,042,475 times
Quote:
If I seem a little jaded, that's probably why. Women were pretty terrible to me in my teenage years most likely why I keep them at an arms length now.

So to be clear, it's not that your fiancée died two weeks ago that may have jaded you?

Old 12-07-2016, 05:32 PM

10,363 posts, read 20,805,729 times
Quote:
(I got that!)

We need pictures though! This guy may have been ugly in high school but no one told him. This 'girl' may not even remember being called ugly, or remember this guy! Maybe he still isn't memorable and she will tell him, "I don't remember any of that, I had a great time in high school, but you're still ugly."
Who says she's sensitive and caring, or are all perceived ugly women nice?
We never forget it and I'm in my fifties. I got it bad in school--more like middle school and once in 6th grade I got 3 valentines in my box that all said "weird and *****." My mother was the room mother at that time and I was so embarrassed. I would tell those guys where to stick it if any of them asked me out after pulling the crap they did.

Old 12-07-2016, 06:17 PM

102,218 posts, read 107,977,655 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Strogonoff View Post
So I found a girl via FB that I knew from HS. Thing is I wasn't really nice to her and kind of a jerk back then even calling her ugly. She had a bad acme problem and used to dress with very baggy clothes and was pretty shy. It has been 8 years since graduating and I am not like that anymore. And I must say, she has gotten VERY attractive. Like night and day difference.

Looking at her interests and such we have a lot in common and live very close. Would it be wrong to ask her out?
Someone may have said it already, but: it's guaranteed that she remembers how you treated her, and it's highly likely she'll throw it in your face and will reject you. She'll think you're approaching her because of her looks, not because you discovered you have a lot of common interests.

I don't think there's any way you could even grovel your way out of a verbal slap in the face, even if you apologized in advance via FB for being mean to her and being an idiot in HS.

Old 12-07-2016, 10:13 PM

195 posts, read 161,544 times
The thing is would you women say the same if it were the other way around? I.E a guy that was nerdy and not very athletic in HS got rejected and had mean/rude things said to him by women then years later he worked out, got fit, managed to become successful in a tech field and the same women tried to hook up with him but he wouldn't give them the time of day?

Old 12-07-2016, 10:35 PM

4,575 posts, read 5,194,363 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fratrock View Post
The thing is would you women say the same if it were the other way around? I.E a guy that was nerdy and not very athletic in HS got rejected and had mean/rude things said to him by women then years later he worked out, got fit, managed to become successful in a tech field and the same women tried to hook up with him but he wouldn't give them the time of day?
Women get criticized all the time on these boards, by men and women alike.

So lets not make this into a gender issue. The OP happens to be a man, but the answers are for him personally, not the entire male gender. It just looks bad on anyone when you go out of your way to bully someone in school, now you wanna get back into their life and sleep with them now that they're hot.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships