Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-07-2016, 11:57 AM

30,902 posts, read 33,017,046 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dissenter View Post
I didn't say it was right, I only say this is something that could happen since men notice good looking women more than non good looking women. No more no less.

I never said my reaction was justified just the way I felt. No more no less.
But you are saying that we should all understand that this is just something that can happen.

Is that how you feel about your high school experiences? Those were just things that can happen in high school?

That's what I'm saying and what you're not understanding. If the answer is "no," then you have no place telling the rest of us that this is simply "something that can happen." That minimizes the experience and we both know it.

If your answer is "yes, kids picking on me is just something that can happen," then okay.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-07-2016, 11:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 49ersfan27 View Post
I'm the same way to the girls who picked on me and called me ugly. One of them said she was going to be my prom date and then showed up with another guy claiming it was a joke! I saw her and she spoke to me but I ignored and avoided her. I'll never forgive those who wronged me.
Oh, God, that's terrible. There's no excuse. That's not "kids being kids" or "kids being stupid." Just no excuse...ugh, I feel kicked in the gut just reading that.

Old 12-07-2016, 11:59 AM

10,341 posts, read 5,870,295 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SelfRescuingPrincess View Post
it would be funny if he got fat and ugly now. I see a lot of former male classmates on Facebook... let's just say time has not been on their side.
Right! -- and if they still live in the same small town where it was the status of their parents or their athletic ability that made them attractive...that just does weird things to their perception of themselves so that they will always be the big fish in the pond.

Last edited by RbccL; 12-07-2016 at 12:08 PM..

Quote:
Originally Posted by RbccL View Post
True. I was just immediately brought back to a really awful looking guy who would have to make the time to say things to me in HS. Can't remember if I saw him as ugly bc of his face or personality. Either way, I think it's easier to grow out of the physical ugly than an ugly personality. She's probably 'way out of his league' by now.
In my experience, like yours, it was the people with the worst situations somehow that lashed out at others. Like your example, the only times I EVER recall anyone calling anyone else ugly in school, it was a very, very unfortunate-looking person. Other people who bullied were generally very miserable in some obvious way.

10,216 posts, read 8,310,947 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TruckWife518 View Post
I agree. Also, let me add: If you contact her (even if it was just for a date), you're just gonna remind her of a lot of bad memories from her past.

So, like 49ersfan27 said, PLEASE leave her alone. Nobody likes re-living painful memories.
This thread itself brings back how awful high school was. People were cruel as hell and I am so happy I never have to see them again. I could less if they're not even living anymore.

26,700 posts, read 41,758,476 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JerZ View Post
But you are saying that we should all understand that this is just something that can happen.

Is that how you feel about your high school experiences? Those were just things that can happen in high school?

That's what I'm saying and what you're not understanding. If the answer is "no," then you have no place telling the rest of us that this is simply "something that can happen." That minimizes the experience and we both know it.

If your answer is "yes, kids picking on me is just something that can happen," then okay.
Look, I'm not trying to justify OPs actions in HS. I'm only saying he is attracted to his victim for a reason. That is all.

Old 12-07-2016, 12:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JerZ View Post
Oh, God, that's terrible.
If I seem a little jaded, that's probably why. Women were pretty terrible to me in my teenage years most likely why I keep them at an arms length now.

Old 12-07-2016, 12:07 PM

Quote:
If I seem a little jaded, that's probably why. Women were pretty terrible to me in my teenage years most likely why I keep them at an arms length now.
That makes sense

Old 12-07-2016, 12:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RbccL View Post
That makes sense
I sense your sarcasm and I'm not in the mood. Take it elsewhere.

Old 12-07-2016, 12:18 PM

Quote:
I sense your sarcasm and I'm not in the mood. Take it elsewhere.
No, it actually made sense.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships