Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-15-2017, 12:06 AM

3,861 posts, read 3,155,294 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by annazama View Post
Well I've told him and he's mad as hell. He doesn't believe me when I say that I forgot to take my pill, and then didn't know that I'd forgotten. He says that it's impossible to forget without knowing soon enough because of the way they're packaged (a pill for each day). I don't know what to tell him.
guess what, he thinks you deceived him? Ask him if he liked the sex with you? ask him how good does it feel to Not have to pull out.

You know, if you abort this child, your relationship is pretty much over. If he cant accept this creation, he needs to get to stepping. You two do not have to feel forced to marry, but he should be man enough to step up to the picture.

Next time you speak, have a respectful, loving conversation about it. Just tell him, if he cant come with a "not happy pissed "attitude, you will wait until he can come with a clear mind.

THIS IS NOT THE END OF THE WORLD! let him know that.

how old were your parents when they first had a child? Life evolves, people develop, especially when you have them sweet chubby baby cheeks on yours, depending on you for everything, needing you to be there for him.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-15-2017, 01:30 AM

23,175 posts, read 26,214,723 times
Quote:
Well I've told him and he's mad as hell. He doesn't believe me when I say that I forgot to take my pill, and then didn't know that I'd forgotten. He says that it's impossible to forget without knowing soon enough because of the way they're packaged (a pill for each day). I don't know what to tell him.
I'm sorry that was his reaction but you know you've shocked the hell out of him.
He obviously is also reacting to the fact that you waited so long to tell him by trying to say you didn't notice the "missing day" of pills so it does look like some lying has been involved which could include lying about it being on purpose.
Once he calms down I hope the two of you can act maturely enough to decide what way is the best way to go from here

Old 07-15-2017, 02:05 AM

35,094 posts, read 51,273,394 times
Quote:
Did you skip an entire week or month? I still find it very hard to believe missing *one* pill has caused this unnecessary drama. Don't be surprised if you find yourself alone very soon because it sounds like he feels you deceived him intentionally and now he has no trust in you.
As far as what to tell him, tell him the truth then make an effort to become more responsible with birth control and tell him to be more responsible with birth control as well and purchase condoms and use them all the time.

Old 07-15-2017, 09:47 AM

2,074 posts, read 1,645,949 times
Quote:
You said you are already feel "connected" to the baby. I would recommend not having an abortion and put the focus on the baby's health. Severe emotional stress on a pregnant mother can cause prenatal complications. I studied public health and am aware that psychological stress raises the stress hormone cortisol to abnormal levels. The body becomes perpetually in a "fight or flight" state with nervousness, anxiety, sleeplessness, anger, depression, etc. When that happens, the physiological changes become harmful to the fetus which can lead to prenatal complications or a premature birth.
http://www.marchofdimes.org/Maternal...anuary2015.pdf

So quickly point that out to the father. As for financial concerns, start looking at the resources. Perhaps you should retain a lawyer if you want child support if the guy doesn't want to get married. He doesn't sound like it. Look at state programs or options that help young mothers: WIC, etc. You need to start planning.

But first of all, just find a way to relax and make sure the emotional stress is kept to a minimum. The phrase is "allostatic load".
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Allostatic_load

Old 07-15-2017, 11:28 AM

9,952 posts, read 6,683,507 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CSD610 View Post
Did you skip an entire week or month? I still find it very hard to believe missing *one* pill has caused this unnecessary drama. Don't be surprised if you find yourself alone very soon because it sounds like he feels you deceived him intentionally and now he has no trust in you.
As far as what to tell him, tell him the truth then make an effort to become more responsible with birth control and tell him to be more responsible with birth control as well and purchase condoms and use them all the time.
Unfortunately no birth control is 100% effective, as posted above. It is not hard to believe, because even if a pill is 99% effective when used perfectly, that is 1 woman out of 100 that still gets pregnant. I have a friend who is the result of an IUD pregnancy, which is one of the most effective birth control methods out there. It happens if you are responsible. I have another friend who got pregnant on another non-pill method that is hard to mess up.

It's also possible she used an antibiotic that reduced the effectiveness of the birth control. There's really no reason to know how she got pregnant at this point, but she needs to think long and hard about what she wants to do, since it doesn't sound like he's going to be mature about becoming a father.

Old 07-15-2017, 11:39 AM

6,005 posts, read 4,791,139 times
I see you told him and he's "mad as hell."
That doesn't bode well. Maybe he'll get a clue that it's not about him at some point. It's not about you, either.
Just make sure you get pre-natal care. That's my only suggestion. Because it could get worse if you don't.

Old 07-15-2017, 12:55 PM

22,278 posts, read 21,744,165 times
There are thousands of couples near you who would be thrilled to raise that baby in a loving, functional, two-parent home. Don't imagine that the damage of having a father like your BF won't mess up the kid's life well into adulthood. And society will have to clean up the mess.

Old 07-15-2017, 01:13 PM

50,382 posts, read 64,034,538 times
So, what are you going to do, OP?
How do you feel about it?
Boyfriend will either come around, or be won't.
You'll marry him, or you won't. It's for you to decide for yourself.
In my old fashioned opinion, you and he are at least 2 years past, either breaking up or getting married. Why go with someone for 4 years?

I'll tell you what I have learned in my almost 70 years, life is sometimes unpredictable. What might seem like an insurmountable obstacle in your life right now, could be your biggest blessing. In the scheme of things, this is a molehill, not a mountain.

My first child was a woopsie and thank god for her, because all I could ever have after her was boys and more boys.

Old 07-15-2017, 01:22 PM

22,278 posts, read 21,744,165 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gentlearts View Post
My first child was a woopsie and thank god for her, because all I could ever have after her was boys and more boys.
Uh huh. Did you raise her as an unmarried woman who fears the father of her child? Did you wait 3 months to tell the anyone about your pregnancy or get prenatal care?

This couple are NOT suitable parents. But they don't care and will end up doing what they want to do with no concern for the child.

Old 07-15-2017, 04:51 PM

11,162 posts, read 7,642,612 times
Quote:
He's justifiably mad. Keeping this secret to yourself for 3 months was a huge breach of his trust. What were you thinking?

Give him a little time to process, then sit down and have an honest conversation.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships