Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-15-2017, 06:40 PM

8 posts, read 8,134 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by zentropa View Post
There are thousands of couples near you who would be thrilled to raise that baby in a loving, functional, two-parent home. Don't imagine that the damage of having a father like your BF won't mess up the kid's life well into adulthood. And society will have to clean up the mess.
A father like my boyfriend? What makes you think he'd be a bad father?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-15-2017, 06:46 PM

22,278 posts, read 21,744,165 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by annazama View Post
A father like my boyfriend? What makes you think he'd be a bad father?
Uh let's see. Maybe because his first reaction to hearing he was going to father a child with the woman he supposedly loves was to get "mad as hell." And that this woman he supposedly loves is afraid of him. Yeah, maybe that's it.

Old 07-15-2017, 07:18 PM

11,162 posts, read 7,644,241 times
Quote:
Uh let's see. Maybe because his first reaction to hearing he was going to father a child with the woman he supposedly loves was to get "mad as hell." And that this woman he supposedly loves is afraid of him. Yeah, maybe that's it.
She never said she was afraid for her safety. She didn't say she was afraid at all.

Old 07-15-2017, 07:23 PM

21,109 posts, read 13,579,709 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by annazama View Post
Well I've told him and he's mad as hell. He doesn't believe me when I say that I forgot to take my pill, and then didn't know that I'd forgotten. He says that it's impossible to forget without knowing soon enough because of the way they're packaged (a pill for each day). I don't know what to tell him.
Isn't that true? About the way they are packaged?

Old 07-15-2017, 07:29 PM

52,291 posts, read 52,734,263 times
Quote:
Where are you getting this info from???

Quote:
Originally Posted by Petunia 100 View Post
She never said she was afraid for her safety. She didn't say she was afraid at all.
I agree, wasn't anything mentioned at ALL.

Old 07-15-2017, 10:26 PM

37,409 posts, read 53,606,010 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jencam View Post
Isn't that true? About the way they are packaged?
You know immediately when you go to take the next day's that you missed the previous day's. They are generally packaged as a blister pack and marked in sequence, versus being loose pills in a bottle, etc.It is like if you put pills in the day of the week pill boxes. If Wednesday's med are still in the compartment, you know you missed a dose.

The "it is impossible to forget without knowing soon enough" line doesn't make much sense, though. Once you gomto take the next day's pill and notice a skipped one, it has likely been 24 hours without the hormones in your system, and it is possible, depending on the timing and your cycle that you did get pregnant in that unprotected window. OP's boyfriend seems to be under the misapprehension that missing one pill "doesn't count," that you get a grace period. In reality, maybe you luck out , maybe not.

So "knowing" you missed a dose doesn't really matter...you still missed a dose.

Old 07-15-2017, 10:58 PM

1,078 posts, read 939,250 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by timberline742 View Post
20 somethings have abortions and give babies up for adoptions too you know. Nothing wrong with it.

And 20s is pretty damn young to start a family.

No, it really really isn't. Just because a ton of people want to wait these days doesn't mean having a baby at a biologically peak time is abnormal. Not even in today's society. It's slightly younger than the average for the US, but she's be a legal adult four years and he has been one for eight. They're more than capable if they decide they want to.

Old 07-15-2017, 11:03 PM

1,078 posts, read 939,250 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kapikap View Post
guess what, he thinks you deceived him? Ask him if he liked the sex with you? ask him how good does it feel to Not have to pull out.

You know, if you abort this child, your relationship is pretty much over. If he cant accept this creation, he needs to get to stepping. You two do not have to feel forced to marry, but he should be man enough to step up to the picture.

Next time you speak, have a respectful, loving conversation about it. Just tell him, if he cant come with a "not happy pissed "attitude, you will wait until he can come with a clear mind.

THIS IS NOT THE END OF THE WORLD! let him know that.

how old were your parents when they first had a child? Life evolves, people develop, especially when you have them sweet chubby baby cheeks on yours, depending on you for everything, needing you to be there for him.
Mod cut: Quoted post deleted.

I can't rep you more but quoted for truth. I completely agree.

Last edited by PJSaturn; 07-21-2017 at 08:27 AM..

Old 07-16-2017, 01:14 PM

741 posts, read 590,937 times
Annazama, you're getting distracted by unimportant side issues.* What have you and your boyfriend decided to do about your baby that will be here in 6 months?

Mod note: some posts by others have since been deleted.

Last edited by PJSaturn; 07-21-2017 at 08:37 AM..

Old 07-16-2017, 10:49 PM

37,409 posts, read 53,606,010 times
If somebody you've been with four years doesn't trust you and thinks you're a liar, that's really not something that bodes well for your quality of relationship, is it?.

Mod cut.

Last edited by PJSaturn; 07-21-2017 at 08:39 AM.. Reason: Off-topic.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships