Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-25-2017, 07:13 PM

49,927 posts, read 59,966,647 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by odin77 View Post
I want to be able to experience something like that before the women my age are all used up sluts looking to settle down .
I urge you not to post anymore until you have been in therapy for a while.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-25-2017, 08:24 PM

92 posts, read 48,425 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cantabridgienne View Post
it actually seems totally normal that you repel women, given the contempt you seem to have for them.
I can't help but feel a bit frustrated and angry about women. All the ones I've met and done anything with ended up causing me a lot of stress in the end. Every situation has followed nearly the same cycle and I've gotten so fed up with it. As horrible as it sounds I feel as if I can't trust women much, especially those where I live.

Old 10-25-2017, 08:27 PM

212 posts, read 159,488 times
Quote:
This is exactly what I'm afraid of, literally my worst fears with respect to women. I surely don't think it's normal that I've never had a girlfriend my my age already. After college, there'd certainly be no excuse for me never having a girlfriend. Also, I feel I'll have missed out on something if I fail to get into my first relationship by a certain age. I want to be able to experience something like that before the women my age are all used up sluts looking to settle down. Who knows how my situation will be in a few years? It surely feels like a race against time.
You might be on to something, to find out that a guy has never had sex compared to her could make women feel some type of way about her sexual history. So they flip it around and say something must be wrong with men who haven't had sex by a certain age.

Old 10-25-2017, 08:30 PM

7,235 posts, read 7,041,600 times
Quote:
I can't help but feel a bit frustrated and angry about women. All the ones I've met and done anything with ended up causing me a lot of stress in the end. Every situation has followed nearly the same cycle and I've gotten so fed up with it. As horrible as it sounds I feel as if I can't trust women much, especially those where I live.
The common denominator is *you*. Not the singular entity of "women" because there is no such thing, but you. Calling women "used up *****" shows what kind of person you are and again, it's no wonder others respond to that.

Old 10-25-2017, 08:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Screami View Post
You might be on to something, to find out that a guy has never had sex compared to her could make women feel some type of way about her sexual history. So they flip it around and say something must be wrong with men who haven't had sex by a certain age.
I have had sex, but the problem in my case is that I'm roughly four years behind in the experience department and I've never been in a proper relationship either. I think my development in this sort of thing was just stunted during the critical period, when for most it would have worked out on its own. The environment I was in, along with my personality and mannerisms at the time were just not conducive to developing those skills when I still could in the normal fashion. At a certain point I believe it becomes too late for one to catch up.

Old 10-25-2017, 08:40 PM

2,822 posts, read 1,929,778 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wmsn4Life View Post
I urge you not to post anymore until you have been in therapy for a while.
Is it merely a coincidence that most of the “I can’t get a date/girlfriend” or “no one likes me, I’m ugly” types that we find around here, seem to have other gaping problems, that are apparent within just a few posts or less?

I think not....

Old 10-25-2017, 08:50 PM

Quote:
I have had sex, but the problem in my case is that I'm roughly four years behind in the experience department and I've never been in a proper relationship either. I think my development in this sort of thing was just stunted during the critical period, when for most it would have worked out on its own. The environment I was in, along with my personality and mannerisms at the time were just not conducive to developing those skills when I still could in the normal fashion. At a certain point I believe it becomes too late for one to catch up.
Well whatever you do I wish you luck in the future because I didn't enjoy any part of dating or relationships.

Old 10-25-2017, 08:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Screami View Post
Well whatever you do I wish you luck in the future because I didn't enjoy any part of dating or relationships.
Truly is a harsh mistress, isn't it?

Old 10-25-2017, 08:56 PM

49,927 posts, read 59,966,647 times
Quote:
No, it's not a "harsh mistress."

You are not a hapless victim here. Dating is not someone who does something TO you. You are a willing and accountable participant in every one of your personal interactions.

Your best bet is to focus on therapy and real introspection so you can understand how YOU are keeping yourself from being happy.

Old 10-25-2017, 09:05 PM

Quote:
Not really, I just didn see the point after a while and no progress.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships