Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-15-2018, 12:54 PM

30,902 posts, read 33,017,046 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by old_cold View Post
I said what he said way back close to the beginning.
You didn't propose to me.!
Okay.

Old Cold, will you also marry me?

This is going to benefit everybody as among you, Timber, my husband and I, that expensive steak dinner (you can have my lobster, ewww, oversized ocean bugs in a split skin) will be financially split four ways.

See? I AM a cheap date. The OP would have LOVED me.

Old 02-15-2018, 12:55 PM

41,936 posts, read 36,989,150 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JerZ View Post
Okay.

This is going to benefit everybody as among you, Timber, my husband and I, that expensive steak dinner (you can have my lobster, ewww, oversized ocean bugs in a split skin) will be financially split four ways.

This is getting kinky.

I approve.

Old 02-15-2018, 12:59 PM

23,175 posts, read 26,211,073 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by timberline742 View Post
this is getting kinky.

I approve.
lol
This thread needed some lightening up

Old 02-15-2018, 01:00 PM

136 posts, read 101,379 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JerZ View Post
Okay.

I try to tell people this all the time! They're insects people!

*shivers*

Old 02-15-2018, 01:00 PM

15,071 posts, read 10,110,560 times
Yup.. always the man's fault in this scenario...

You can go to a moderately even cheap restaurant and rack up a $50+ bill simply ordering several appetizers, entry w/ fixings, drinks, and desert. The OP ordered a $18 meal so this is already a moderately (not expensive) restaurant. What's next? McDonalds?

Whether or not she ordered 1 item at $50 or several items at $50, doesn't make it any less inconsiderate.... especially on the first meal.

I can only speak for myself but this to me is a valid concern and most likely the last date. $50 meal is no big deal for me but that's still besides the point... If she offered to pay for it, that would have shown that she acknowledges the extravagant request and is taking responsibility for it. I would have politely showed my thanks/appreciation, offered to pay for it anyways, and look forward to a great night with future dates. ... .That's a great show of character!

I am frequently having dinner with a few of my close friends and I usually pay for the entire bill; I feel fortunate to have the resources to do so... happy to show them a good time once in a while (rarely can they go out to eat). They have never ever taken advantage in such manner.... sometimes they will offer to share something instead or share the bill.

Old 02-15-2018, 01:01 PM

336 posts, read 195,506 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedWings18 View Post
So transparent with you. Why is it a test? As other posters have agreed, it’s simply rude.
Not to mention, men dont really do tests like this. That would be so petty and ridiculous. Who has time for this type of nonsense?

Old 02-15-2018, 01:03 PM

8,447 posts, read 4,756,035 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by timberline742 View Post
This is getting kinky.

I approve.
Quote:
Originally Posted by old_cold View Post
lol
This thread needed some lightening up
It's still kinda bi for two dudes to be marrying the same lady.

Old 02-15-2018, 01:04 PM

41,936 posts, read 36,989,150 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Uncle Bully View Post
It's still kinda bi for two dudes to be marrying the same lady.

There are no words for some of the things I read on this forum.

Old 02-15-2018, 01:04 PM

30,902 posts, read 33,017,046 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by usayit View Post
Yup.. always the man's fault in this scenario...

You can go to a moderately even cheap restaurant and rack up a $50+ bill simply ordering several appetizers, entry w/ fixings, drinks, and desert.

What's next? McDonalds?

Whether or not she ordered 1 item at $50 or several items at $50, doesn't make it any less inconsiderate.... especially on the first meal.

I can only speak for myself but this to me is a valid concern and most likely the last date.
This is actually true, yes, you can rack up $50 with all said, but again...then how is this all the woman's fault, either? If all her stuff was going to cost $50 does she just not do the appetizer or what...? How complicated really is this supposed to be? It's supposed to be a pleasant day or night out.

Should this guy be going out at all if he has to fear spending $50 somehow or other, even for just an average date?

Just do coffee next time! It bears repeating.

Old 02-15-2018, 01:08 PM

2,148 posts, read 1,698,292 times
To the OP...

Would you consider that her feelings for you are on the same level as yours for her? I'm guessing the answer is likely, "No".

That being the case, I can see a couple of things happening here:

1. She's taking advantage of you taking her to a nice restaurant. She realizes that there is no relationship in it for her and is happy to get a good meal out of it. More than likely, all you got at the end of the night was a chaste kiss and a thanks for the good time.

2. She's taking advantage of you and wants to see if you'll object. If you didn't say anything about this, it's not likely you'll say no to her in other areas of the relationship, either.

Someone who cares about you takes your financial situation into account. If you are mega-rich, the meal wouldn't be that big of a deal and you wouldn't have started this thread. It's all about character.

It matters to you.

It should matter to her.

There's no indication that it does.

Time to move on.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships