Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-14-2018, 07:39 PM

13,480 posts, read 8,388,287 times

Advertisements

Rejected? She might not have seen the text. This has happened to me. Someone texted, I just didn't see it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-14-2018, 08:34 PM

28,226 posts, read 36,889,363 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by oh-eve View Post
You are either not smart trying to go out with a b*tching whiner or your description it isn't true. Sounds like you are just bitter because you got rejected.

Also, you texted TODAY. The day is not over yet and you are already b*tching and whining. Wait ... you two sound like you make a pretty good couple
Right? Sometimes I do not respond to a text for 24 hours. I get sidetracked and forget about them. Or am in the middle of ng when the notification happens.

I rarely respond during the work day, period.

Old 03-14-2018, 08:41 PM

28,226 posts, read 36,889,363 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by greatblueheron View Post
Hey, watch it.....there is more than one single cat lady on cd...

Ask her again, in person. Asking someone out by text, to me, isn't particularly smart....seems a bit lazy to me. I wouldn't be impressed, if it were me...
True.

But hey they are facebook friends, so he shoukd message her to ask why she hasn’t replied to his text in an hour.

Old 03-14-2018, 10:36 PM

424 posts, read 236,743 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JerZ View Post
Oh, probably.

I mean doesn't like the OP...is a mentally ill asexual (considering these two possibilities; Final Jeopardy theme plays in background...JerZ tilts * head consideringly...yes...yes, I see what you mean...they're about equal in probability)...let's not leave any stone unturned.

You forgot "may have been accosted by Bigfoot, who stepped on the phone."

I can tell you that I'd send smoke signals if I had to for a guy I really liked. That's me, though.

* LOL... "c * cks" was edited out! Changed it.
Well, realistically, she's 36 without kids and living alone with her cats. The women that I know IRL that fits this criteria (and I know a few of them) have major issues.

Old 03-15-2018, 06:16 AM

41,936 posts, read 36,981,862 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDistinguishedGentleman View Post
Well, realistically, she's 36 without kids and living alone with her cats. The women that I know IRL that fits this criteria (and I know a few of them) have major issues.

Yes, I know a few. One finished her Ph.D. in molecular biology two years ago and is concentrating on a tenure track position, another successfully ran for State Representative after being a public defender for a number of years. That's just for starters. Lots of issues with most of these educated professional women who are still pretty darn young

Old 03-15-2018, 06:20 AM

22,278 posts, read 21,737,640 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDistinguishedGentleman View Post
Well to be fair, the OP has no idea if she is divorced, just got out of a LTR, or has a string of lesbian lovers. He knows nothing about her at all.

Would she be a better prospect if she was married with kids? Or had roommates? Because I am trying to get my head around what is so strange about a single woman in her 30s living alone.

Old 03-15-2018, 06:30 AM

8,447 posts, read 4,755,015 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zentropa View Post
Well to be fair, the OP has no idea if she is divorced, just got out of a LTR, or has a string of lesbian lovers. He knows nothing about her at all.

Would she be a better prospect if she was married with kids? Or had roommates? Because I am trying to get my head around what is so strange about a single woman in her 30s living alone.

It's the cats. Fits a stereotype you know. Means little in individual cases, but can be a red flag.

Old 03-15-2018, 07:15 AM

13,262 posts, read 8,032,233 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zentropa View Post

He knows her on Facebook. That's how he knew she'd never been married.

Old 03-15-2018, 07:34 AM

14,078 posts, read 16,616,844 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by santafe400 View Post
Long story short, I had a real thing for a 36-yo attractive women living in my complex who has never been married but has managed to sneak in 4 or 5 cats into her apartment. Anyway, in her fb postings she's always b*tching about how lonely she is and how she wants to cry every-time she ovulates. The weird part is that she is actually quite attractive and takes good care of herself.

Now when we've seen each-other we've always managed to hit it off well and I've always been fairly open in my flirting that she seems to respond to fairly well. I texted her over the phone today asking if I could take her out, but never got anything back. Not a simple no thank you or nothing.

I suppose in the long run it makes for a good story, getting rejected by some single cat lady.
Hahaha, so funny that you got rejected by a cat lady! Apparently, she prefers her single life with her cats over you. I’m sorry that your feelings were hurt enough to make a thread about it.

Old 03-15-2018, 07:39 AM

14,078 posts, read 16,616,844 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JerZ View Post
Good question.

If she says yes, does she morph from ridiculous laughable person to point out on the internet as crazy, ovary-driven and an illegal cat hoarder, to one heck of a nice gal to spend a Saturday night with?
LOL, exactly!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships