Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-05-2018, 11:46 AM

20,413 posts, read 14,698,234 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThisTown123 View Post
I'm not sure you got what I said, but I specifically pointed out that the longer I keep seeing a woman on a site...the more these ladies tend to make "Updates" to their profile and vent their frustrations or sometimes I'd see, "I'm giving this another try" or "third time's a charm". So they get marked as "that gal" in this case.

I never express ANY such frustration in my profile as I THINK you may be alluding to? Yes? Whatever your saying about me and Cypherox is exactly what I'm expressing about the said women.

But I've seen my share of ongoing rants in others, that's the point I was making. They don't seem to figure out what it is they are doing wrong.
Yes, they sure do end up marked as "that gal!" They are the ones who have been judged as unappealing for whatever reason, by the people they want to date, or they have tried and not yet found a happy, successful match that lasted.

Just. Like. You.

And anyone has the choice, to keep being on the site and trying, whatever that looks like...or to leave. Are you mad that they have not simply left? If all of the results are the same old results, then I guess maybe the alternative is to have no results because the same old results got sick of failing and disappeared?

Or is it more that new people need to move to your area? I wonder if there is a local organization to promote your city or town as a desirable destination for single people to come enjoy life? Could you join one or form one? Or maybe all single people, yourself included, should periodically move to a new city to refresh the dating pool?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-05-2018, 11:58 AM

3,926 posts, read 2,039,970 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonic_Spork View Post

Or is it more that new people need to move to your area?
That's kind of the light at the end of the tunnel, actually. Our area is slowly growing, the express authority will be building an interchange near my suburban area, an on ramp to the circular toll road about to be completed. People from the city are bleeding (not a bad term) into our area.

New people, even single ones, are trickling in...mainly to be closer to their older parents or other members of their family.

Quote:
I wonder if there is a local organization to promote your city or town as a desirable destination for single people to come enjoy life?
None so far. This is a very family thick community, everywhere you go it's couples pushing baby strollers and kids on their dads' shoulders. I think the singles tend to become shut ins or wind up in dating sites. lol

Quote:
Could you join one or form one?
I recalled a networking group that was attempted here...the organizer was pretty professional and it seemed she had her act together. The first meetup....a huge surge in first timers....after that...zilch, died as soon as it started.

Old 12-05-2018, 01:07 PM

35,102 posts, read 31,367,047 times
I live in a small metro, about 200,000. Aside from the college dating pool, I feel like I've mostly exhausted local options.

Old 12-05-2018, 01:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Serious Conversation View Post
I live in a small metro, about 200,000. Aside from the college dating pool, I feel like I've mostly exhausted local options.
Yeah, one's college days are pretty much bountiful with dating options, after that you're on your own.

Old 12-05-2018, 01:25 PM

5,117 posts, read 2,167,123 times
I remember many years ago when I was in my 30s, I joined this now defunct dating site called U Date. I live in Seattle which has always been historically a difficult place to date because there are many more men than women here.

I put in my preferences. Always been drawn to slender petite brunettes. Hit the enter button and looked at my preferred dating pool. There were quite a few to choose from but I could tell the ladies were being pummeled with messages from other guys here in Seattle. Nonetheless, I wasn't too pleased with my results.

So one day I changed the geographic parameters to include South America and Asia. That move was a game changer! Almost overnight, I went from the hunter to hunted! Chat requests came flooding in women and quite frankly, it was amazing.

Never before had I explored the possibility of dating an Asian woman. Had to ask myself why not? They are in fact usually slender and brunette right? To make a long story short, I had a long distance relationship with a young pretty marketing rep that worked at IBM from Singapore. We flew back and forth many times to meet.

Eventually this relationship didn't pan out but now I'm married to a lovely Asian lady and we've been together 15 years. Had I not gone thru this paradigm shift.

Moral of the story. Why limit yourself to dating women from your home nation?

Old 12-05-2018, 01:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pete98146 View Post

Moral of the story. Why limit yourself to dating women from your home nation?
There's that option. I had a friend that was seriously considering that. May be I should get set up with a foreign exchange service.

Old 12-05-2018, 01:48 PM

Quote:
There's that option. I had a friend that was seriously considering that. May be I should get set up with a foreign exchange service.

Here's my advice if you do:

1. Take your time!!!! Never ever be a hurry or make rash decisions.
2. Focus on a young lady who has her college degree. If you are going this route, why not go for the absolute best pedigree. Can't stress this enough. You want her to be an asset to your family and not a liability.
3. Grab a young lady that's never been married or has any kids

I did end up marrying a lovely Filipina who I brought over from Philippines. Best decision I ever made. But I had a definite plan. I've helped out quite a few guys along the way.

Happy to give me advice if you wanna PM me.

Old 12-05-2018, 02:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pete98146 View Post
Here's my advice if you do:

1. Take your time!!!! Never ever be a hurry or make rash decisions.
2. Focus on a young lady who has her college degree. If you are going this route, why not go for the absolute best pedigree. Can't stress this enough. You want her to be an asset to your family and not a liability.
3. Grab a young lady that's never been married or has any kids

I did end up marrying a lovely Filipina who I brought over from Philippines. Best decision I ever made. But I had a definite plan. I've helped out quite a few guys along the way.

Happy to give me advice if you wanna PM me.
Cool, thanks. You know, I have found that the Filipinas seem to be one of the nationalities that's least shallow when it comes to dating men. Friend of mine met one via a Mission trip in her home country...he flew her over here, and they were married.

Of the women that DID go out with me, all of them told me they were into personality and not looks...so that could work. I'll have to think about it, since there's the whole "marry him for the green card" issue to consider.

Old 12-05-2018, 03:20 PM

Quote:
Cool, thanks. You know, I have found that the Filipinas seem to be one of the nationalities that's least shallow when it comes to dating men. Friend of mine met one via a Mission trip in her home country...he flew her over here, and they were married.

Of the women that DID go out with me, all of them told me they were into personality and not looks...so that could work. I'll have to think about it, since there's the whole "marry him for the green card" issue to consider.

That's why you can't be in a hurry! I made my now wife wait 3 years before I brought her over. That's a bit overkill. But if done correctly, chat with these ladies and let them know you are NOT in a hurry and this will normally get rid of the girls looking for green cards. What you want is a super smart, nice lady that wants to come over and flex her intelligence, help her family back home a bit and start a family.

My wife graduated in Biology and she got a job in Cebu making $300 a month. She just wanted an opportunity which was not offered in the Phils.

Also by getting a lady that has a 4 year degree, this shows that she has maturity, smarts and has some decision making skills.

Many of my friends in Seattle have brought girls over from Phils. One works at Microsoft, two are teachers, my wife is a dental hygienist, one is a nurse. You get the idea. None left their husbands. Show them love, give them a nice stable environment to live and you'll be the happiest guy on the planet.

Be smart about it and most often you'll be a-ok.

Old 12-06-2018, 08:05 AM

9,376 posts, read 6,991,616 times
It’s possible that the means of which the person is fishing really is putting them in a runoff creek by the water treatment facility and not in the pristine clean lake.

Instead of picking up and moving to a new area change your approach and a new pole.

Happy fishing!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships