Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-30-2018, 01:03 PM

2,444 posts, read 3,584,880 times

Advertisements

I tend to end up in situations where i feel like I have almost no prospects after a while, but somehow when I've given up and "MGTOWed" around a little bit (I guess is the term...) I tend to run into someone new, hope ignites a spark which turns into a flame...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-30-2018, 02:05 PM

15,013 posts, read 21,658,991 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by weezerfan84 View Post
Every time I've done it, it's failed. And it didn't even fail because of me most of the time. For me, long-distance has really depended on where two people live. The last woman I dated long distance lived in a really up and coming area. Tons of things to do, so I'd go there to do events, and she'd come here to just chill and relax. My town has events and such, but not to the level of her area. However, the distance ended up being a killer, because even trying to eat lunch was a 2 hour drive round trip for someone, every. single. time. It's hard to work around that and we both have careers that kinda have us rooted in our area. I could have relocated to her area, but my position isn't easily transferrable, but could likely make something happen due to my tenure.

I understand. I've been called names for only wanting to date someone close to me in distance. I just like things to be as easy as possible and don't like being disappointed after investing so much.

Old 11-30-2018, 02:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SwedishViking View Post
I tend to end up in situations where i feel like I have almost no prospects after a while, but somehow when I've given up and "MGTOWed" around a little bit (I guess is the term...) I tend to run into someone new, hope ignites a spark which turns into a flame...

How lovely, good for you. I typically think the MGTOW types are totally hopeless.

Old 11-30-2018, 03:39 PM

14,530 posts, read 20,131,516 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JerZ View Post
Honestly, you sound lukewarm about her, and if she's picking up on that - and she probably is - then it's not surprising she doesn't want to uproot herself for you.
My thoughts too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by srjth View Post
I can't do long-distance. I just can't. My ex-bf wants to move to my state to be with me but I don't have the patience for the amount of time that will take (a year+?), not to mention the confidence that the relationship will even work after such a move. So my only choice is to tell him I don't want to do it and not to bother. He will be crushed.
Just a suggestion, tell him he's welcome to move if he wishes as long as he understands he will have to get his own place and that you may or not date him, no promises. Date others and make sure he knows it. That might work. However there is the possibility of creating a stalker (I don't know his traits or personality).

Quote:
I understand. I've been called names for only wanting to date someone close to me in distance. I just like things to be as easy as possible and don't like being disappointed after investing so much.
Ignore those silly people. Just date however you like and remember that the only people who have to be pleased are yourself and your dates.

Old 11-30-2018, 04:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lovehound View Post
My thoughts too.

Just a suggestion, tell him he's welcome to move if he wishes as long as he understands he will have to get his own place and that you may or not date him, no promises. Date others and make sure he knows it. That might work. However there is the possibility of creating a stalker (I don't know his traits or personality).

He'd probably flip out if I said that, as he wants to come here specifically to be with me (including marriage). I have no choice but to tell him no.

Quote:
Ignore those silly people. Just date however you like and remember that the only people who have to be pleased are yourself and your dates.

Thanks. That is my plan.

Old 11-30-2018, 04:20 PM

Quote:
He'd probably flip out if I said that, as he wants to come here specifically to be with me (including marriage). I have no choice but to tell him no.
Yes, knowing you I felt that might not be a good suggestion. My point is that it was the ONLY action I could think of.

Just tell him you don't want to see him no matter what city he lives in, and add that you don't want any contact at all. Start blocking things if he persists.

It's too bad we can't have a diversion program where we take people who won't accept that we aren't interested in them, and divert them to the incels who can't get dates.

Old 11-30-2018, 04:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lovehound View Post
Yes, knowing you I felt that might not be a good suggestion. My point is that it was the ONLY action I could think of.

Just tell him you don't want to see him no matter what city he lives in, and add that you don't want any contact at all. Start blocking things if he persists.

It's too bad we can't have a diversion program where we take people who won't accept that we aren't interested in them, and divert them to the incels who can't get dates.

I have a plan in place to fade him out. It won't be as swift as you say but it will happen.

Old 11-30-2018, 04:24 PM

7,759 posts, read 3,888,449 times
Quote:
How lovely, good for you. I typically think the MGTOW types are totally hopeless.
MGTOW is about empowering Men in these types of situations to focus on what they need to focus on and nothing else.

OP needs to improve his career which translates into geographic mobility, finances and if necessary his physique to get what he is looking for. It is about taking personal responsibility for his circumstances, accepting reality and the challenges it brings and rising to the occasion.

People are grossly uninformed about what any of the Men's rights movements are truly about. It is not a crying whining club for sissies. It is about manning up and taking ownership of one's circumstances whether self-imposed or situations that resulted from external factors.

Old 11-30-2018, 04:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tencent View Post
MGTOW is about empowering Men in these types of situations to focus on what they need to focus on and nothing else.
MGTOW empowers men to live on their own because they neither need nor want women. It empowers them to never again experience sex. It emboldens them to post garbage on the Internet about women not letting them have the sex they are due.

Old 11-30-2018, 05:24 PM

30,902 posts, read 33,013,051 times
Quote:
I have a plan in place to fade him out. It won't be as swift as you say but it will happen.
That can be difficult...I know it's hard, but maybe you should just tell him? Trying to fade someone away can be really painful...you know you're hurting the person...you can hear the confusion in the person's voice, and the hope...it's really sad. I don't know him, obviously, but I think most people are better of "just knowing"...you know?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships