Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-29-2018, 12:10 PM

30,902 posts, read 33,017,046 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atlguy39 View Post
Yeah, so you live fairly close (3 hours south) of me. Try living in Oklahoma City and your options diminish by 90% from where you already are.
I wonder if (I'm sorry) this also isn't related to age? As with the OP?

Are you dating age-appropriately? I know you used to want a younger woman to have children with. Just curious as you're not the first 40 or 50something guy around here to say he feels things "aren't like they used to be" and well...I mean, logically...KWIM?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-29-2018, 12:36 PM

14,530 posts, read 20,134,269 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RamenAddict View Post
I suppose the OP is complaining that times have changed...
That is exactly what OP is doing, and complaining about something is NOT PRODUCTIVE. Life is what it is. Deal with it or you will have a miserable life.

Quote:
Originally Posted by timberline742 View Post
Go ahead. It won't change anything. It's still not the area. It's not like you're in small city, or even medium sized city.
Ignoring you is not going to help his plight.

Old 11-29-2018, 12:45 PM

41,936 posts, read 36,981,862 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lovehound View Post
Ignoring you is not going to help his plight.

Meh, I get how being in a small town can hurt stuff. Even a small city. Freaking, I lived in worked in rural Western KY and craphole IN for work/school for awhile. It wasn't good.

But if both Atlanta and Oklahoma City, two different, but both significantly sized metro areas and they both have no one decent? Sorry, not the location.

Old 11-29-2018, 01:04 PM

5,353 posts, read 5,794,522 times
Quote:
Meh, I get how being in a small town can hurt stuff. Even a small city. Freaking, I lived in worked in rural Western KY and craphole IN for work/school for awhile. It wasn't good.

But if both Atlanta and Oklahoma City, two different, but both significantly sized metro areas and they both have no one decent? Sorry, not the location.
Atlanta has tons of decent choices. Not a midwest mentality of getting married by 22. So again, it is the location. I'd have no problem in Atlanta, relatively speaking.

Old 11-29-2018, 01:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JerZ View Post
I wonder if (I'm sorry) this also isn't related to age? As with the OP?

Are you dating age-appropriately? I know you used to want a younger woman to have children with. Just curious as you're not the first 40 or 50something guy around here to say he feels things "aren't like they used to be" and well...I mean, logically...KWIM?
Yeah, you say this a lot as it applies to me. What's the old formula? Half your age + 7? So I could go as young as 30. In reality, I've dated 8-10 years younger, on average, which is appropriate.

Old 11-29-2018, 01:10 PM

30,902 posts, read 33,017,046 times
Quote:
Yeah, you say this a lot as it applies to me. What's the old formula? Half your age + 7? So I could go as young as 30. In reality, I've dated 8-10 years younger, on average, which is appropriate.
I know what the formula is. But women don't fall in line for a formula. I think you need to take a closer look at all these truisms, because they're not playing out in your actual life. And you're still not happy yet.

Old 11-29-2018, 01:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JerZ View Post
I know what the formula is. But women don't fall in line for a formula. I think you need to take a closer look at all these truisms, because they're not playing out in your actual life. And you're still not happy yet.
That has more to do with overall quality of life where I live. I assure you its not just dating. I really detest everything about where I live, but can't just up and move until the right opportunity presents itself.

Old 11-29-2018, 01:13 PM

41,936 posts, read 36,981,862 times
Quote:
Atlanta has tons of decent choices. Not a midwest mentality of getting married by 22. So again, it is the location. I'd have no problem in Atlanta, relatively speaking.

Having lived in the Midwest a fair amount (Indiana, Kentucky, Wisconsin, Illinois) there are loads and loads of people that aren't married by 22. In fact, none of the people I knew except for one Mormon I knew were married that young.

Old 11-29-2018, 01:19 PM

14,530 posts, read 20,134,269 times
Quote:
Several years ago I moved to a small town in the Southwest with under 100K population, hoping I would like to retire there. It took me about 6 months to realize that my dating pool would be near to zero. I left for other reasons (small towns bore me) but in retrospect I doubt I would have ever found any LTR had I bought the lovely home I found. While I was there I had several platonic dates with a woman I met on CD.

Quote:
I've never been to Atlanta but it sounds like a pretty hot city from what I've read.

Quote:
No that's not the formula. It might be viable within a restricted age range.

Old 11-29-2018, 01:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lovehound View Post

I've never been to Atlanta but it sounds like a pretty hot city from what I've read.

No that's not the formula. It might be viable within a restricted age range.
Its a great city. Has everything you could ever need.

Well, its the formula I've heard forever. My mother was 12 years younger than my father. He was 39 and she 27 when they got married. In reality, I would go up to 15 years younger. I don't have to date my age because I'm in decent shape and look younger thanks to good genes and taking care of myself. Furthermore, in THIS part of the country, the women my age look much, much older and have let themselves go completely.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships