Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-20-2022, 08:38 AM

22,343 posts, read 29,452,102 times

Advertisements

My ex of 10 years went from 200lbs to 330lbs. He was 6'. I never changed. It changed everything in our relationship, and I ended it.

I would cook a healthy but tasty dinner and, on the way, home he would stop at fast food places and hide the wrappers in his car.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-20-2022, 11:30 AM

7,364 posts, read 4,146,180 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mlj1225 View Post
I agree with this and also believe that there is an issue with depression. I don't think it's just laziness on the wife's part.
Why doesn't the OP ask a therapist how to handle this? It's better than asking strangers on the internet.

Or am I missing something?

Old 10-20-2022, 01:13 PM

4,042 posts, read 2,713,279 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by YorktownGal View Post
Why doesn't the OP ask a therapist how to handle this? It's better than asking strangers on the internet.

Or am I missing something?
I agree. Not sure if therapy has been brought up by him or his wife.

Old 10-24-2022, 11:10 AM

2,108 posts, read 1,050,471 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RamenAddict View Post
If someone told me that, I’d tell him to shove off. I don’t want anyone to “show me off” like some sort of trophy or prize. Part of what seems to have happened during the pandemic is that people realized that certain outfits were actually not all that comfortable. Yeah you make look cute in heels, tons of makeup, and with some fancy hairdo, but is the experience of wearing the clothes pleasant? I think a lot of people just got to the point where they were home and comfy and realized that hey- being at home and comfy is actually kind of nice!

I still do fitness activities, mainly because doing physical activity makes me feel better. I am not a partner fitness person though. I would much rather have a specific goal I mind to do myself than go to a class with a friend or partner. I have a friend who is a fitness instructor. She became one when she was working from home because it was a decent way for her to get out of the house and burn off some energy without the kids.
I got the impression from the OP that his wife had just sort of stopped caring for herself and nobody mentioned a makeover with high heels and fancy hair. Washed and styled hair, a shower and at least decent clothes would make a big difference.

Old 10-24-2022, 03:26 PM

17,218 posts, read 57,099,641 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by himain View Post
My ex of 10 years went from 200lbs to 330lbs. He was 6'. I never changed. It changed everything in our relationship, and I ended it.

I would cook a healthy but tasty dinner and, on the way, home he would stop at fast food places and hide the wrappers in his car.
I remember you posting about that. He effectively left you for Ronald McDonald!

Old 10-27-2022, 07:05 AM

15,220 posts, read 10,325,155 times
My significant other started becoming less interested in his appearance almost as soon as he moved in with me. Wouldn't shower unless I told him he needed one; only brushed his teeth every few days, practically shaved his head when he looked 100% better with his hair longer. That and so many other things just became a complete turn-off for me. Thankfully I didn't marry him despite him pressuring me into it. I finally had enough and he left last month.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships