Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-22-2008, 11:39 AM

4,739 posts, read 8,375,359 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by cpg35223 View Post
By the way, I don't get this "Traitor To Her Sex" mentality. Is she talking about supporting gender inequality in pay and the workplace? Is she trying to repeal women's right to vote?

Nope. She's just banging the husband of another woman, which is an absolute wrong. But the "Traitor To One's Sex" label implies that it's Men Vs. Women in a vicious cage match to the death. So if a man sleeps with another man's wife, is he a "Traitor To His Sex"? Given the fact that women all over the planet are continuously trying to pry men from their current wives, how do you assume that women are patently morally superior to men?
After reading this I did, now just for a second mind you, picture a bunch of guys acting like monkees in a tree egging a buddy on but yes I see your point. Stats now say women account for 1/3 of all businesses owned in the USA, more and more women in prison, due to accountability issues and morality probably hasn't been tallied. I believe one day it will even out because people are people...or at least get close.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-22-2008, 01:31 PM

10,757 posts, read 35,435,377 times
Quote:
By the way, I don't get this "Traitor To Her Sex" mentality. Is she talking about supporting gender inequality in pay and the workplace? Is she trying to repeal women's right to vote?

Nope. She's just banging the husband of another woman, which is an absolute wrong. But the "Traitor To One's Sex" label implies that it's Men Vs. Women in a vicious cage match to the death. So if a man sleeps with another man's wife, is he a "Traitor To His Sex"? Given the fact that women all over the planet are continuously trying to pry men from their current wives, how do you assume that women are patently morally superior to men?
I never said or meant to insinuate that women are morally superior to men.
I meant that when I see a marriage in trouble, my heart goes out to both but my loyalty to women would keep me from doing anything to make it worse.
If there were two people in front of me that needed $5 for a meal, one a man and one a woman, I would give it to the woman because I am also a woman. I don't know how else to explain it.

BUT then again, I think you purposely misunderstand and make illogical leaps in order to TRY and undermine my statements. I hope your enjoying yourself. Have you not noticed your trend with my posts? Its like you have a chip on your shoulder.

Old 07-22-2008, 01:50 PM

28,895 posts, read 54,153,037 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lindsey_Mcfarren View Post
I meant that when I see a marriage in trouble, my heart goes out to both but my loyalty to women would keep me from doing anything to make it worse.
If there were two people in front of me that needed $5 for a meal, one a man and one a woman, I would give it to the woman because I am also a woman. I don't know how else to explain it.

BUT then again, I think you purposely misunderstand and make illogical leaps in order to TRY and undermine my statements. I hope your enjoying yourself. Have you not noticed your trend with my posts? Its like you have a chip on your shoulder.
Well, when you say, "Traitor To Her Sex," how else are we supposed to interpret it? Seriously, for somebody who takes umbrage at the drop of a hat, you are curiously loose with your own words.

Old 07-22-2008, 01:58 PM

Quote:
Well, when you say, "Traitor To Her Sex," how else are we supposed to interpret it? Seriously, for somebody who takes umbrage at the drop of a hat, you are curiously loose with your own words.
Well tell me, how would you feel towards the man who had an affair with your spouse (I'm not saying she would, its a hypothetical)? I sympathize with the woman in a marriage because I am a woman, I to have been in a bad marriage. I wouldn't do something to make it worse.

Guys hang together, thats how it is. There is loyalty there, thats understandable but I don't think women are so much that way. It seems that some women are more then happy to take everything they can get even it if means tossing a sister into the gutter.

For example, couple divorces, they have kids. The new wife is often MORE THEN HAPPY to try and latch on to the kids who belong to the previous wife and use them to manipulate the whole thing, to make the first wife feel like she has been replaced. I don't think guys are as likely to do that. I think they have more respect then that for the other man. Maybe thats a better word for it. This woman should have had more respect for the wife. Women are out for themselves in situations like this with no thought to the other woman involved.

I never meant nor do I think that women are of superior morality to men.

Old 07-22-2008, 02:01 PM

28,892 posts, read 30,266,067 times
Quote:

Lindsay, you would be a trusted friend, and I totally understand where your coming from.

What Lindsey is trying to explain is the fact that she is loyal to woman. Lindsey and a lot of other women here, including myself, have been personally touched by the other woman....and I think it's ok to tell Denise, exactly where we stand...she has to learn there are some boundaries you don't cross...dating a married man is one of them. Why, I and I know Lindsey and a lot of other women here would never think of doing such a thing...it is immoral..it goes against trust and loyalty...and the woman who would date a married man, is doomed...if she doesn't straighten out..it is unacceptable...any form of cheating is...I don't care what the situation is at home, if it's that bad, leave, and don't USE the children for an excuse. Lame and it is proven the children certainly do not benefit from a marriage that is dysfunctional.

And if the man doesn't want to leave, due to the money, then I say, he is not a man, but a selfish SOB. Any man who involves two women in his life, is weak...and to me, not a man. Any man who runs with a married women, to me, is weak and would not make a very good friend.
It certainly displays character and the kind of person he/she is, to take another person's spouse and lay with them...how selfish and unthinking.

Denise, I mean you no harm...or disrepect, but I've been on the receiving end of this...I've been the wife....and I just cannot understand how you can do this to another fellow woman. I really mean it when I say, please go for counseling...you need to know why you would not only do such a deameaning thing, but why you would accept so little. You deserve more.

Lindsey, I am totally with you on this, and understand the reasoning behind your words. But, we can still find some compassion for Denise, and hope, she does the right thing...it will have given us purpose then, to testify if it helps someone, and most of all, his wife. I feel so bad for any spouse that has had to deal with this...it drives you nuts...it takes away your whole purpose...all you can think of is those marriage vows, and how much they meant to you, and how they could have meant so little to him...I said to my now ex...when he said he was sorry, it meant nothing...."You should have thought of that, when you helped her with her clothes". It is the most despairing event in a wifes life...it tears your heart out, you become bitter...angry, distrusting...and you wonder, how many others there were...how many lies did he tell you...

Denise, life isn't only about you....when ever you make a descission and act it out...you effect so many other people...you can do that in a very positive way, or a very negative way, but remember this...always, what ever you do in life, you can destory another person's life for ever....remember that please...we are all connected and your actions effect so many other people.

Oh and Denise, one more thing, maybe, just maybe, you are not the only girlfriend he has....did you ever consider that? A man who cheats is beyond any compassion...he enjoys the thrill of it...getting away with it, it is what makes it more exciting.

hugs
Creme

Last edited by cremebrulee; 07-22-2008 at 02:16 PM..

Old 07-22-2008, 02:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cremebrulee View Post
Lindsay, you would be a trusted friend, and I totally understand where your coming from.

hugs
Creme
Maybe I just can't explain what I mean but I have loyalty for my female friends and more widely for all women. There are lines I wouldn't cross because of that loyalty.

Old 07-22-2008, 02:20 PM

28,892 posts, read 30,266,067 times
Quote:
Maybe I just can't explain what I mean but I have loyalty for my female friends and more widely for all women. There are lines I wouldn't cross because of that loyalty.

I know and it's ok...I am sick to death of our society excusing bad behavior...making excuses for it...instead of simply saying, your wrong and you've got to get your act together. There is no excuse for disloyalty.

It happened to me twice, where a best friend made a play for my man...and they are no longer best friends...you just don't do that to someone...

I had a married man ask me out once and I all but spit on him...told him, I had that done to me, and I would never do that to another woman, and then proceeded to tell him he was so low, he could walk under a pregnant ant...

and I meant it...

Old 07-22-2008, 02:24 PM

28,895 posts, read 54,153,037 times
Quote:
Well tell me, how would you feel towards the man who had an affair with your spouse (I'm not saying she would, its a hypothetical)? I sympathize with the woman in a marriage because I am a woman, I to have been in a bad marriage. I wouldn't do something to make it worse.

Guys hang together, thats how it is. There is loyalty there, thats understandable but I don't think women are so much that way. It seems that some women are more then happy to take everything they can get even it if means tossing a sister into the gutter.

For example, couple divorces, they have kids. The new wife is often MORE THEN HAPPY to try and latch on to the kids who belong to the previous wife and use them to manipulate the whole thing, to make the first wife feel like she has been replaced. I don't think guys are as likely to do that. I think they have more respect then that for the other man. Maybe thats a better word for it. This woman should have had more respect for the wife. Women are out for themselves in situations like this with no thought to the other woman involved.

I never meant nor do I think that women are of superior morality to men.
Well, I would probably go out and clean his clock. But "Traitor To His Sex" is a phrase that would never cross my mind. Because Traitor implies disloyalty to a side in a conflict. For there to be a traitor, there has to be an enemy with whom she collaborates. So your choice of the phrase "Traitor To Her Sex" implies an ongoing antagonistic struggle between men and women. Words mean things.

I do actually agree with you on the subject of women being more competitive and ruthless. My wife has known women who all go down to the coast for girl's weekends so that they all have alibis as they go out and sleep around on their husbands. She doesn't associate with them any more once their MO became clear to her. But that's evidently common practice, more common that we would like to believe.

Old 07-22-2008, 03:57 PM

42,831 posts, read 88,156,261 times
Quote:
My wife has known women who all go down to the coast for girl's weekends so that they all have alibis as they go out and sleep around on their husbands. She doesn't associate with them any more once their MO became clear to her. But that's evidently common practice, more common that we would like to believe.
Darn! Who woulda thunk why those girls' trips are so popular...?! You just opened my eyes. Now I know nobody should go on fishing, hunting, you name it trips!

Old 07-23-2008, 01:50 PM

4,589 posts, read 13,164,129 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DragonFly757 View Post
Have fun! What will you be riding?
our mountain bikes!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships