Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-03-2008, 12:31 PM

127 posts, read 442,675 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by denise012864 View Post
I've been dating a married man for almost 6 months now and am in love with him. I see him very often and he treats me very well. The problem is I've been in his wife's shoes and she found out about us after a couple of months but doesn't know we're still seeing each other. He has attemptede (so he says) to leave her twice then maintains things go deeper than he thought. I tell him I'll lose in the end and he always tells me "never say never". I am too in love to walk away but am tired of this life with him the way it is. Please don't be harsh as I'm only looking for advise. I already know what I'm doing is wrong and immoral.
yeah since you know you're in the wrong then I don't have to tell you anything but I hope you are using protection, aids is higher in americans since the 90's.And yuo really want to lose because what he do to her might do to you and might find some that you really care for and they do the same to you
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-04-2008, 05:32 AM

2,275 posts, read 6,308,348 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by artsyguy View Post
One of my ex-gay friends admitted to me one night that he was sleeping around with married men. I instantly felt sad for the wife and children.....It too me a while to separate from the friend....
Ex-gay? No such thing.

Old 08-21-2008, 03:17 AM

1 posts, read 2,259 times
i have experienced same situation myself. I was to him the most wonderful woman ever existed and he told me to wait for him till he gets the divorce. when i forced him to set e deadline for this he suddenly understood that he was ruining my life and he became quite noble and he said it's better for me to finish this. so my advice-be strong enough and walk away before you are damaged forever

Old 08-21-2008, 04:24 AM

1,117 posts, read 2,038,650 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Claire_F View Post
Ex-gay? No such thing.
Did he mean ex friend that happened to be gay? I have to go back and read. I've never heard of an "ex" gay.

Old 08-21-2008, 04:35 AM

1,845 posts, read 4,228,990 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by denise012864 View Post
I've been dating a married man for almost 6 months now and am in love with him. I see him very often and he treats me very well. The problem is I've been in his wife's shoes and she found out about us after a couple of months but doesn't know we're still seeing each other. He has attemptede (so he says) to leave her twice then maintains things go deeper than he thought. I tell him I'll lose in the end and he always tells me "never say never". I am too in love to walk away but am tired of this life with him the way it is. Please don't be harsh as I'm only looking for advise. I already know what I'm doing is wrong and immoral.
What advise are you looking for?

Walk away.

You are wrong.

He is wrong.

Once this is behind you, you will feel better.

Old 08-21-2008, 06:51 AM

1,100 posts, read 3,012,198 times
If he does end up leaving his wife, (which I strongly doubt) what makes you think he wouldn't cheat on you??? A leaopard doesn't change his spots....

Old 08-21-2008, 07:29 AM

55 posts, read 173,313 times
You said you've been in her shoes. I can't believe you would do the same to another woman and children if any. I have no respect or sympathy for you or him. As I recently found out my husband had an affair. Are you out to get revenge on woman. This is totally wrong. You should of learned from your experience. Shame on you for letting get that far!

Old 08-21-2008, 02:39 PM

251 posts, read 767,742 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MonaLisaVito View Post
This is a very good point. And also a sad one, some people might have a great marriage, but one partner (and it goes both ways) decides they don't want sex anymore, or they only want it like once a year . I don't think anyone should have to be celibate the rest of their life and that is an awful thing to do to your partner. (AND NO I'm not talking about people who were in an accident and/or paralyzed or are not physcially able to have sex). If I was ever in that position, I would tell my husband either we get counseling and fix this problem or I'm getting it somewhere else. Same with him, if I didn't want it anymore, I would tell him he could go get it elsewhere.

Next time just post under your original username you already have instead of making up a new username.
how did you know it was the same person?

Old 08-21-2008, 03:06 PM

Location: from houstoner to bostoner to new yorker to new jerseyite ;)
4,084 posts, read 12,683,905 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mari4him View Post
The common bond that can be and is often shared among women is very much like a sisterhood, similar to that common bond that can be and is often shared among the guys and considered to be a sort of brotherhood. If you take it outside of the scope of a generalization lets say and just take it to the level of your close group of buddies, doesn't that exist. You all have like an unspoken rule of what you would or would not do to each other.

It's kind of like the unspoken rule that you just don't date/steal/sleep with your best friends husband/wife. It is not a mystical type of thing, it is just some underlying sense of morals and beliefs that can at times be connected to merely a gender issue.

As I explained in my post before this, as a woman, I know how it feels to be cheated on. Knowing how it feels, as a woman, to be cheated on, why in the world would I want to cause that same pain to another woman. To do so, in essence, is betraying her, betraying women. Likewise, if a man has been cheated on by his wife, he too knows exactly how that feels. Why would he then want to turn around and cheat with another man's wife and cause that other man the same pain that he experienced. Again, it's like a betrayal.
I understand what Lindsay was trying to say, too, and agree with it. I read somewhere once that one reason women live longer than men is because we are nurtured emotionally in the close friendships we have with other women. My girlfriends are like sisters; I tell them everything, and I mean everything. We are emotionally connected to one another and have been through a lot over the years. I think where men's and women's friendships differ is in emotional depth. I think it's hard for men to get the bond, the kinship women have, even with women we don't know and may never meet, because the nature of men's friendships with each other is more individualistic; it's almost like it exists only on the surface. Men don't seem to be nearly as emotionally connected to other men like women are to each other, so maybe it's hard for some of them to understand how women could feel such loyalty to a woman they don't even know.

Old 08-22-2008, 05:30 PM

1,300 posts, read 2,572,229 times
I'm not going to sugar-coat anything because that's not real life.

I'm just going to ask you straight and simple:

You comfortable being "da ho" or not?

Why a married man? Why can't you get your own man?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships