Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-15-2009, 12:21 PM

5,012 posts, read 7,875,674 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by onegreatnurse View Post
So you would consider 420 friendly minus the other stuff? I'm in! I'm in! lol...
No cougars either . Anyone that's old enough to be my mom is someone I probably wouldn't have much in common with. I'm not just so piece of meat you can have your way with. You're gunna have to work for it.

Last edited by Philosophizer; 05-15-2009 at 12:29 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-15-2009, 12:24 PM

1,452 posts, read 3,172,189 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason28 View Post
Tell me about it. I have problems finding someone my own age who fits my profile. Most women my own age already have kids, baggage, or are bitter about men due to previous relationships. I end up going for ones a bit younger than myself but even then, a good one is rare. In the past I think I have moved around too much to really make time/effort to attempt a serious relationship. Now that I am settled down and content I find myself living on an island (literally). I'm more to the point now of just saying if its ment to happen it will happen, and I have learned to stop trying to hinge my happiness to being in a relationship. My cat seems to enjoy my companionship.
It's funny you should say that...I was just thinking the same thing the other day! Esp about the cat, I was thinking other than my family, he's the only male in my life who likes me for me and isn't trying to get in my pants! lol...I hate drama, my situation is very low key, because I make it my business to ensure it stays hat way. I don't consider myself to have baggage, and even though I've had my share of bad experiences with previous relationships, I am not embittered, in fact...I happen to love men. Love 'em, love 'em, love 'em! lol...I think that's my problem, though...I meet plenty of them, just not the right ones! They're mostly about sex and lack of commitment these days! Btw, beautiful cat...I like islands..

Old 05-15-2009, 12:26 PM

28,895 posts, read 54,177,901 times
Here were my big, fat red flags that I had when dating:

Talking about pets as in anthropomorphic terms. Yes, they have personalities. No, they don't think like people. A person who talks about their pets like people is someone who typically cannot relate to people.

Multiple self-help psychology books on the shelf. One or two? Hey, no sweat. Five? They're looking for help. Ten? Run away. You've got a basketcase on their hands who is looking for you to be their solution to happiness.

Continuous drama in personal, professional, and financial lives. You know the type. Some huge drama is always going on with their friends, their cars, their jobs, their families, you name it. They've always had some huge fight with somebody. Well, adults manage to avoid most problems in their lives with simple foresight.

Always late. I'm not talking five-ten minutes here. I'm talking 30, 45, or 60 minutes late to everything. For time is the stuff life is made of, and a person who doesn't respect yours doesn't respect you.

The inability to say Please and Thank You. In a relationship, those little courtesies mean even more than they do with complete strangers. If somebody can't be polite to you when you're dating, how the heck will they treat you when you're involved?

The waiter test. Some of you have heard me speak of this, but it's absolutely foolproof. If your considering any relationship with someone, take them to a nicer restaurant. Then watch to see how the other person treats the waiter or waitress. In six months that's how that person will be treating you.

Women who use the terms "Mr. Right," "Prince Charming," and "Knight and Shining Armor." These are women who have been raised on a steady diet of Disney cartoons and think that's how life is really supposed to be. You have a permanent child on your hand. Not somebody you want to be dragging through life as a partner.

The person to whom nothing is her fault. Every time there's a disaster at her work or her personal life, it's always somebody else's fault. As in everything happens to her, but she couldn't possibly have avoided it. Get involved with this person, and all the fault for her disappointments in life will fall on your shoulders.

The one-trick pony. Hey, she was funny as heck at the party, so you ask her out. And she was fun as heck on the date. And the second date, and the third, fourth, and fifth date. But after awhile, you want to ask, is there a serious side to you? Does it always have to be about partying? Can't you just hang out and watch a movie at her place?

A daddy complex. If she talks about her father in complimentary terms, that means she gets along with the men in her life. If, on the other hand, she speaks of her dad in almost mythological ways, then you'll always be compared to him and found wanting.

Old 05-15-2009, 12:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexianPatriot View Post
No cougars either . Anyone that's old enough to be my mom is someone I probably wouldn't have much in common with. I'm not just so piece of meat you can have your way with.
Ouch! 1) I was kidding! and 2) how do you know I'm old enough to be your mom? How old are you anyway, like..12? P.S. You know, some men like being a piece of meat..lol..

Old 05-15-2009, 12:36 PM

Quote:
Ouch! 1) I was kidding! and 2) how do you know I'm old enough to be your mom? How old are you anyway, like..12? P.S. You know, some men like being a piece of meat..lol..
1. You're in Jersey, of course you're kidding. 2. Just a vibe.

PS. Men that like being pieces of meat don't have a whole lot going for themselves.

Old 05-15-2009, 12:43 PM

Quote:
1. You're in Jersey, of course you're kidding. 2. Just a vibe.

PS. Men that like being pieces of meat don't have a whole lot going for themselves.
Ok, I was jk kidding about that too...seriously, how old are you? Now I'm starting to worry that people are going to think I'm ancient! You're going to give me a complex...

Old 05-15-2009, 12:49 PM

Quote:
Ok, I was jk kidding about that too...seriously, how old are you? Now I'm starting to worry that people are going to think I'm ancient! You're going to give me a complex...
It's okay to be old. We all got to be somewhere, and even I'll be old one of these days =). See Your age to find out my age.

Old 05-15-2009, 12:56 PM

Ok I'm not OLD...the first digit is a 3 hun...old to me is 80+ ...when I'm at work if we get a patient in his 60's, he's quite the youngster! lol

Old 05-15-2009, 01:06 PM

Quote:
Ok I'm not OLD...the first digit is a 3 hun...old to me is 80+ ...when I'm at work if we get a patient in his 60's, he's quite the youngster! lol
okay, you're not old yet, but I reckon you're getting close. the one good thing about older women is that they've been around the block a few times and know what they want in a man. When dad turned 40, his endearing nickname went from pop to old man. The way my life is going, if/when I make it to 40, I'll be a sage. I already feel pretty old now, as far as life experiences go. I guess I can scratch cougar off the deal breaker list, but any woman looking to use me as her boy toy has another thing coming.

Old 05-15-2009, 01:20 PM

Quote:
okay, you're not old yet, but I reckon you're getting close. the one good thing about older women is that they've been around the block a few times and know what they want in a man. When dad turned 40, his endearing nickname went from pop to old man. The way my life is going, if/when I make it to 40, I'll be a sage. I already feel pretty old now, as far as life experiences go. I guess I can scratch cougar off the deal breaker list, but any woman looking to use me as her boy toy has another thing coming.
Ok I refuse to get old, even though I may be getting close! lol..I'm going down kicking and screaming, damnit! But you're right about one thing..I've been around the block some, not in a bad way..and I do know what I want in a man now in every way, and not afraid to express it either. Def can't say that I had a real good grasp on that in my 20's.. And I don't use anyone, you can't be used unless you allow someone to use you. I've dated a few guys recently who all ended up being 27, not intentionally, just happened. Neither one of us knew how old the other one was just based upon appearances, and we actually got along just fine. Believe it or not, I'm not that much of an old fogey! I like to party like a rock star every now and again...lol..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships