Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-15-2009, 07:59 PM

1,084 posts, read 1,548,052 times

Advertisements

Taking me for granted and spreading herself too thin.

It's good to have friends but if she is too busy keeping track of all of her friends, then she's not going to have much time for me. As the guy that is on track to becoming the most important person in her life (her husband) I expect to have at least one night a week (at the beginning), and as the relationship grows more than one, and eventually a lot of time together.

Oh and getting to chummy with other guys. I am a salsa dancer and if she gets too flirtatious with another guy on the dance floor, I'm going to keep an eye on her. If she asks a guy who to dance bachata (a very sexy dance) especially if she knows that he dances bachata very intimately, then I start to think she's not very loyal.

Last edited by smartalx; 05-15-2009 at 08:16 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-15-2009, 08:44 PM

4,978 posts, read 9,516,854 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Danbo1957 View Post
You meet someone, hit it off fast. You're smiling every minute of the day after you met him/her. Five dates in, he/she says/does something that turns you completely off... instantly. What is it?

For me, any illegal drug use, or abuse of other drugs and/or alcohol.

If I find out they are married.

Old 05-15-2009, 08:47 PM

1,452 posts, read 3,172,189 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TexianPatriot View Post
you sportin one? I can't imagine what one would look like when a girl made it to 80.

Sorry, I don't do tramp stamps..although by the time you're 80 who the hell cares! lol..

Old 05-15-2009, 10:00 PM

1,113 posts, read 3,495,441 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BacktoNE View Post
This is a good list. I will add:

Finding out he has kids was an absolute deal breaker for me. No thanks!
Seeing a bit too much attachment to mommy.
Talking about ex-gf or wife all the time.

I hear ya. I'll add " I owe thousands in child support and my kid's mom is a psycho-*****" to that list.

Old 05-16-2009, 09:21 AM

5,012 posts, read 7,874,944 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by onegreatnurse View Post
Sorry, I don't do tramp stamps..although by the time you're 80 who the hell cares! lol..
I'd just imagine it would be tough trying to explain it to the grandkids

Old 05-16-2009, 03:43 PM

1,452 posts, read 3,172,189 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TexianPatriot View Post
I'd just imagine it would be tough trying to explain it to the grandkids
Well by that time I would assume that's an area you would keep covered, noone needs to see that at 80! I would hope not too many are prancing around in bikins unless they've had a really good plastic surgeon! lol...(I'm gonna have one on call!)

Old 05-16-2009, 05:42 PM

664 posts, read 773,862 times
Kids
Smoking
Excessive Drinking
Drug Use

Old 05-16-2009, 05:47 PM
JL

8,522 posts, read 14,541,391 times
women who smoke and won't call you but expect you to call them first all the time when you want to hang out.

Old 05-16-2009, 05:51 PM

306 posts, read 531,160 times
If you're talking about a NEW relationship, like the first 6 months of dating, I would say definitely flakiness and unreliability. When a person can't keep their word, they cancel dates, break plans (unless with a GREAT excuse), show up late, don't call when they say they should, etc. If that's what they do when they are trying to impress you, imagine how they would be after 5 years of marriage?

Other deal breakers are, they don't get along with their family, are inconsiderate, rude, or lack basic social skills, seem to have a tendency to screw up their lives by their poor decision making, (i.e. they have an ex-wife and child), are unemployed or unintelligent, and don't take care of their business (paying their bills, taking care of traffic tickets, etc.).

Old 05-16-2009, 07:46 PM

5,012 posts, read 7,874,944 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by onegreatnurse View Post
Well by that time I would assume that's an area you would keep covered, noone needs to see that at 80! I would hope not too many are prancing around in bikins unless they've had a really good plastic surgeon! lol...(I'm gonna have one on call!)
I'd get with a geezer before I got with a botox queen. Not much different then a blow up doll, as far as how fake they are. Growing old with grace and confidence is sexy.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships