Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-30-2009, 05:53 AM

911 posts, read 2,375,312 times

Advertisements

i met a girl one time and went out like 3 times
getting along really good and she said her x boyfriend was coming into town for a week and staying at her house

i dont think so

it dont matter what the story is between the two

if im starting somthing new i dont want the x to be there banging her after i take her out on a date

or worse before the date
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-30-2009, 05:53 AM

5,077 posts, read 14,643,353 times
Clingy / possessive behavior. I once had a guy that had been woo'ing me for some time, made himself to appear he had been doing well and had a good job, when he finally confessed to me that he had been unemployed for some time and that he was heading into bankruptcy and losing him home. That did it for me, not because people can't get through that kind of life struggle but because he blatantly lied about his situation. The lies were what did it for me, the rest was important but secondary.

Old 04-30-2009, 07:01 AM

27,232 posts, read 46,654,488 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Danbo1957 View Post
You meet someone, hit it off fast. You're smiling every minute of the day after you met him/her. Five dates in, he/she says/does something that turns you completely off... instantly. What is it?

For me, any illegal drug use, or abuse of other drugs and/or alcohol.
What do you think about an open relationship, friends with benefits, polyamory?

Those really turn me off fast.

Old 04-30-2009, 07:04 AM

8,514 posts, read 4,493,738 times
Besides the obvious of drug, alcohol abuse, violent behavior; it would be deceit. Anyone who is massively deceitful, deceptive is not trust worthy, and also not worthy of my time.

Old 04-30-2009, 07:05 AM

27,232 posts, read 46,654,488 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bbrian12 View Post

it dont matter what the story is between the two

if im starting somthing new i dont want the x to be there banging her after i take her out on a date

or worse before the date
The story is...we're not seeing each other anymore. We have no romantic interest in each other anymore, we have separate rooms, and separate bathrooms.

Yes, I am CURRENTLY living with my ex. She can't afford a place on her own, even though her disability FINALLY got approved. But before that, we split amicably, and she had no income of her own. So--what--I should toss her out on the street? Maybe if she had been cheating on me, or started doing drugs--but it wasn't like that. We just slowly grew apart.

Old 04-30-2009, 07:44 AM

2,178 posts, read 9,577,641 times
I had one guy who after the third date started criticizing the car I drove, the computer I had, where I lived, just everything in my life like I was a idiot and couldn't make a good choice if my life depended on it. He just couldn't grasp the concept that I didn't NEED big, fine and fancy and was happier having everything PAID for over having the biggest and best and being in debt to have it. How I lived worked for me and has for most of my life so since all my choices were a problem to him only, I made the choice to dump him..

Old 04-30-2009, 07:51 AM

2,133 posts, read 5,876,806 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pastelito de limon View Post
- Using racist or sexist slurs
- Overindulgence in drugs (I can deal with infrequent use of marijuana)
- Turning super clinging or dependent (texting, calling way too many times a day, professing devotion too early on)
- Showing any violent tendencies, i.e. screaming at me
- Constantly bragging or being overtly narcassistic
- Cursing too frequently

This is a good list. I will add:

Finding out he has kids was an absolute deal breaker for me. No thanks!
Seeing a bit too much attachment to mommy.
Talking about ex-gf or wife all the time.

Old 04-30-2009, 07:56 AM

10,172 posts, read 20,780,553 times
Aside from the obvious pitfalls of any relationship like drugs, poor hygiene or disloyalty, I would say someone who shows signs of being selfish. If I have to do all of the chasing...calling first, emailing first, setting up dates, then I get the impression that she's not all that interested. If she can't remember things we've talked about or is constantly looking over my shoulder or taking cell phone calls while out on a date, that's a big turn-off. Of course I haven't had a new relationship in several years, but those things would be my peeves.

Old 04-30-2009, 08:40 AM

43 posts, read 141,022 times
Bad Breath and expecting me to pay half

Old 04-30-2009, 06:44 PM

390 posts, read 905,033 times
There are so many common one's that most ppl wont tolerate, mentioned above. Also, on my list are street talk/bad grammer. ie; "I aint gonna axe you where yous wus".
Braggers drive me crazy also!
Wont tolerate a theif
I have zero tolerance for injustice
Come to think of it the list is too long.....yikes!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships