Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-15-2009, 08:45 AM

1,452 posts, read 3,172,189 times

Advertisements

The absolute deal-breaker? Four or five dates in...if we were at dinner, four or five dates in, and in conversation he says, "Oh I hate going down on a woman, I would never do that, I hate that." THAT would be my deal-breaker. Check please! And before you men get your backs up, I believe in reciprocation, I don't shy away from the reverse. On the contrary, I rather like it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-15-2009, 08:46 AM

28,895 posts, read 54,177,901 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by onegreatnurse View Post
The absolute deal-breaker? Four or five dates in...if we were at dinner, four or five dates in, and in conversation he says, "Oh I hate going down on a woman, I would never do that, I hate that." THAT would be my deal-breaker. Check please! And before you men get your backs up, I believe in reciprocation, I don't shy away from the reverse. On the contrary, I rather like it.
Expect several DMs from guys on this forum sometime in the next couple of hours. And, by the way, who discusses that at dinner in a restaurant?

Old 05-15-2009, 09:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cpg35223 View Post
Expect several DMs from guys on this forum sometime in the next couple of hours. And, by the way, who discusses that at dinner in a restaurant?
Well, idk...I was just using the example that the OP posted, where if I remember corrrectly he said something about hypothetically if you were out on your fourth or fifth date at dinner..and after a few drinks you'd be surprised what comes up in conversation! lol...I'm a pretty open person and I wouldn't be out for the 4th or 5th time with someone if there wasn't some attraction there and I didn't like them as a person, and frankly, I kind of like to know for my own sake early on because I know I would never be happy with someone who didn't like oral. We're all adults here, no? Sex isn't everything in a relationship but it's a huge part of it, no? I think it's good to get some things out on the table.

Last edited by onegreatnurse; 05-15-2009 at 10:34 AM..

Old 05-15-2009, 10:23 AM

2,191 posts, read 4,808,498 times
Some funny ones on here. I wouldnt agree with the if they havent read "x number" of books per year they are out. Are you serious? I go to the gym four times a week, run two times a week, work full time, take care of a pet, cook, clean, etc... I dont have the free time to read a dozen books a year...maybe five.

Another one I found humorous is the one where you dont date people who only have a high school education. Some of the stupidest people in my life that I have come across are college graduates. I attended one year of college, six years of active duty air force, and have lived all over the country. I assure you I can converse just as well as any college graduate and I also make more money than any of my friends who are graduates.

My dealbreakers would be if she has kids, has had more than a dozen partners, materialism, racism, talks too much, addicted to cell phone/texting, any drug use or overindulgence of alcohol, annoying laugh, no sense of humor, and atheism. Just so people wont think I'm being hypocritical I am 29 and have had only one partner. I also am not overly fond of other people's kids because tons of bad habits have already set in.

Old 05-15-2009, 10:41 AM

Location: I never said I was perfect so no refunds here sorry!
6,489 posts, read 7,183,898 times
Quote:
Ohhhhhhh.....I agree....number please.......oh I mean check plz.....

Old 05-15-2009, 10:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason28 View Post
Some funny ones on here. I wouldnt agree with the if they havent read "x number" of books per year they are out. Are you serious? I go to the gym four times a week, run two times a week, work full time, take care of a pet, cook, clean, etc... I dont have the free time to read a dozen books a year...maybe five.

Another one I found humorous is the one where you dont date people who only have a high school education. Some of the stupidest people in my life that I have come across are college graduates. I attended one year of college, six years of active duty air force, and have lived all over the country. I assure you I can converse just as well as any college graduate and I also make more money than any of my friends who are graduates.

My dealbreakers would be if she has kids, has had more than a dozen partners, materialism, racism, talks too much, addicted to cell phone/texting, any drug use or overindulgence of alcohol, annoying laugh, no sense of humor, and atheism. Just so people wont think I'm being hypocritical I am 29 and have had only one partner. I also am not overly fond of other people's kids because tons of bad habits have already set in.
Ok, not sure what you mean by tons of bad habits. My son is not perfect but bad habits? Well he doesn't smoke, drink or do drugs, is that what you mean by bad habits? He doesn't curse and isn't impolite, doesn't get bad grades and doesn't disrespect adults. In fact, overall, he's pretty damn awesome. Does forgetting to put down the toilet seat sometimes qualify as a bad habit?

Btw, I haven't had more than a dozen partners, I'm not materialistic, I'm not a racist, I don't talk too much, I'm not addicted to my cell phone or texting, I don't do drugs or drink too much, my laugh isn't annoying, I have a good sense of humor, and while not overly religious (I just like to think there is a God and we should all be nice to each other just because, not because he's watching us) I'm not an atheist either. AND I also work, cook, clean, go to the gym, take care of a pet and a house, and I can one up you on that...a kid too. By far much harder than any of those things combined, and I think I've done a damn fine job, all things considered.

Oh and while I do have two college degrees, I too have lived in a few different states while I was active duty and have great respect for many of the enlisted who weren't college educated. I'm not that naive or condescending as to think that a college education renders a person more intelligent than anyone else.

And five books sounds about right, although that is the most idiotic criteria I've ever heard of.

And I'm hot...or at least that's what I'm told...just saying..

Old 05-15-2009, 10:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dbl-r View Post
Ohhhhhhh.....I agree....number please.......oh I mean check plz.....

Lol..

Old 05-15-2009, 11:11 AM

Quote:
Lol..
If I made my own kids I would accept and raise them just fine, but there is something that bothers me about other people's kids. I suppose if I met someone and didnt know they had kids right off the bat and ended up liking them, I would give them a chance, but more often than not I would start to shy away. I wouldnt say its an absolute deal-breaker but it is something I would have to take into consideration. I also believe you on the difficulty level of raising one...I can only imagine.

Also most women who have kids (my observation) tend to not have their priorities in order. You do seem to have that going for you though.

Old 05-15-2009, 11:22 AM

Thanks for the vote of confidence! lol...I can understand your feelings about other people's kids...I think the key is what you just said..I think there are a lot of men who wouldn't mind if they really got to know me first and didn't know up front, and then it would be much easier to accept, it's different if you get to know and like someone first, it would be more natural then. Some men are open to it from the outset, and some aren't. Actually, I can't say I blame them. It's ok, one of these days I'll stumble across some guy who figures out how cool I really am..

Btw, my house and car are 100% paid for. Not too many women or men for that matter can say that.

Old 05-15-2009, 11:34 AM

Quote:
Btw, my house and car are 100% paid for. Not too many women or men for that matter can say that.

True but that wouldnt have too much to do with me approving of you. It would just mean that you are responsible with finances. On the other hand if you had 100,000 in debt (not counting a home loan) I would probably run like hell.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships