Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-29-2011, 08:54 AM

8,323 posts, read 15,178,459 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfre81 View Post
Like "all your base are belong to us"
Yes. Like that. And to think, just yesterday I was wearing my "Roses are #FF0000 Violets are #0000FF All my base are belong to you" shirt...

But I digress, Zero Wing was translated in the early 90's. Today, translation of foreign games have gotten a lot better with translations. Colloquial and language specific jokes are still "lost in translation", but that's to be expected.

... But this isn't about the history of video games. It's about guys who play them and the women who don't like it. And to that, I say: If you think video games are childish and immature, don't date somebody who plays video games. Leave those fish for someone who will either appreciate the games with them or will understand that a hobby is a hobby.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-29-2011, 08:57 AM

5,258 posts, read 9,147,977 times
I love playing video games (casually, although I used to be more of a 'gamer' several years ago). I'd love it if I could find a guy who loved video games on a casual basis as well (i.e. he wasn't addicted to them and they weren't the main thing driving his life).

Old 08-29-2011, 09:12 AM

7,454 posts, read 13,435,251 times
They don't do it for me anymore, used to play alot as a teenager. These days there are other things I'd rather be doing.

Old 08-29-2011, 09:58 AM

2,392 posts, read 5,727,944 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by amanda0808 View Post
I love playing video games (casually, although I used to be more of a 'gamer' several years ago). I'd love it if I could find a guy who loved video games on a casual basis as well (i.e. he wasn't addicted to them and they weren't the main thing driving his life).
Man, they don't make them like you anymore. I like playing casually from time to time on Xbox Live. But i find myself only playing when a new Call of Duty game is released and only on the weekends when i can find the time.

Old 08-29-2011, 10:01 AM

7,507 posts, read 4,402,569 times
I don't mind because I'm a gamer myself but he better not be addicted to it, that's all.

Old 08-29-2011, 10:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by he's so hott View Post
Man, they don't make them like you anymore. I like playing casually from time to time on Xbox Live. But i find myself only playing when a new Call of Duty game is released and only on the weekends when i can find the time.
Call of Duty is pretty cool but I've never been good at it. I love the Wii Sports games, though. And I've always been a big fan of the Super Mario Bros games. My son loves them too.

Old 08-29-2011, 10:18 AM

8,346 posts, read 7,050,893 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anberlin View Post
I don't mind because I'm a gamer myself but he better not be addicted to it, that's all.
I guess the question here is

"Define addiction".

WHere, I can't imagine my life without video games, as they are my main means of extrafamily entertainment, however, I don't let them rule my every day.

If you walk into our house, the first thing you'll notice in our living room is our 5 video game consoles and our wall of 100+ video games.

Is that addiction?

Old 08-29-2011, 10:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phantasy Tokoro View Post
I guess the question here is

"Define addiction".

WHere, I can't imagine my life without video games, as they are my main means of extrafamily entertainment, however, I don't let them rule my every day.

If you walk into our house, the first thing you'll notice in our living room is our 5 video game consoles and our wall of 100+ video games.

Is that addiction?
To me, 'addiction' means that he values video games over everything else in his life- family, relationships, career, etc. Also, he might go through withdrawal if he's away from gaming for a period of time (when I say 'withdrawal', I mean that he might actually start fidgeting and trying desperately to get a video game fix, kinda like a drug addict).

I think games can be harmless if the individual is responsible enough to work them into his life very carefully, and to not lose sight of the thing that are TRULY important.

I love video games and I would hate to go the rest of my life without being able to play, but at the same time I would never bypass the more important things in life in order to get a gaming fix. Yes, it would suck to go the rest of my life without playing, but it wouldn't kill me.

Old 08-29-2011, 11:20 AM

6,548 posts, read 7,284,702 times
What do women think about men who play video games? I guess the same thing men think about women who like soap operas, celebrity gossip, etc. It’s just entertainment.

Too much of something can be bad.

Old 08-29-2011, 11:26 AM

3,860 posts, read 8,456,753 times
I'm a casual gamer myself so another casual gamer would be a plus.

I'll pass on the hardcore gamers.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships