Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-11-2009, 07:31 PM

2,438 posts, read 7,010,703 times

Advertisements

actually what I get tired of on these forums are the constant (male/female) bashing that goes on here...

I think the opposite sex forgets .. for every loser male there is a loser female.. not all males and females suck at what they do.. if you want to down anything.. down the entire earth.. because believe it or not.. it is not gender specific the way people act.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-11-2009, 08:05 PM

24,645 posts, read 38,639,083 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fleetiebelle View Post
Hasn't there already been a discussion on this forum calling bull***** on this idea? It's assuming that the husband owns 100% of the marital assets. If a married couple gets divorced, and their assets are divided in half, then they both get 50% of what they had. And probably both of them feel like they've been screwed.
Yeah, there was such a thread, but those who called bullbleep had flawed reasoning. I remember that very scenario happening to a good friend of mine - his drug-addict "wife" had an affair with his best friend and then filed divorce, and he got royally screwed. She got the house and the kids, and he lives in a rented room. So, yes, they both got screwed, he by the court and she by the man with whom she had an affair. Under these circumstances, it benefits the man not one iota to be married.

Old 11-11-2009, 08:07 PM

24,645 posts, read 38,639,083 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Twinkle Toes View Post
Benefits ...

He gets an instant slave - someone to cook for him, keep the house clean, do his laundry, clean the toilets when he pees all over everything, sex slave, someone to baby his ass when he's sick ... have I left anything out?

We're talking about marriage here?

Old 11-11-2009, 08:21 PM

7,796 posts, read 16,396,188 times
Despite losing everything, I thank god my sister isn't bitter about marriage...just the a-hole she married.

Old 11-11-2009, 10:34 PM
GLS

1,985 posts, read 5,378,778 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyDaysCopenhagenSkoal View Post

What is the benefit for a guy to get married?

Any opinions?
The Dowery. Try to get at least two donkeys and a chicken.

Old 11-11-2009, 11:35 PM

888 posts, read 886,052 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunnydee View Post
Using your logic, why should anyone get married?

Honestly, a single woman can do everything a married woman can do.

A woman can get taken to the cleaners financially during a divorce.

A woman can be cheated/beated on, so what's the benefit?

Obviously, there is something about marriage, commitment, a loving life partner, raising children in a two parent household, etc. that you just don't comprehend. I'm sorry you don't get it, but I realize that marriage is not for everyone. Perhaps one day you will meet someone that will make you rethink your position and realize there's more to life than what you've experienced so far. Best wishes.
hahahaha that's funny.
You don't NEED to get married to have commitment, a loving life partner, and raise children in a household.
Men or Women! It doesn't matter!

That's my point.

I do get it, I am sorry to say...

Oh... then what about those countries, like Germany, Netherlands, Denmark, Sweden, and Norway, where half of the couples having kids together are NOT married?

Even in Québec almost half of the couples are not formally married.

Oh.... that's right, they are COMMUNISTS, right?
We shouldn't learn from them?

BTW, I have been married, so I kinda know what it's about!

Old 11-11-2009, 11:42 PM

4,837 posts, read 8,853,391 times
Default I Can Think of One

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyDaysCopenhagenSkoal View Post
For a guy, what is the benefit of getting married?

Any opinions?
If he has any anxiety about how to invest his surplus cash, marriage will remove this problem.

Old 11-11-2009, 11:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joseph Marnix View Post
The benefit is to commit energy and resource to someone else beside myself, and perhaps create a few spawns to instill shared values and beliefs.

I suppose, I could not have felt overwhelming responsibility of my world if I was not present during the birth of my first child. Nor would I have felt so human and powerless when my second child life struggles during his first few hours of life. Nor would I have felt satisfaction in life from simple words from my last child saying, "I love you Daddy."

Despite my success and accomplishments and failures, it is a lot nicer to have a loyal companion to share my life's journey. I create and nurture and destroy relationships throughout my life time, and marriage differs because it is not all up to me. The contentment I gain is good from a marriage where my wife willing puts her own energy and effort out of her own choice.

It's an incredible self growth realization to accept myself for who I am, and also able to learn to accept my wife for the person she is. My marriage is an incredible and worthy life experience to have.
You don't have to be married to do all that...

Old 11-11-2009, 11:45 PM

4,837 posts, read 8,853,391 times
Default Help is Available

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twinkle Toes
Benefits ...

He gets an instant slave - someone to cook for him, keep the house clean, do his laundry, clean the toilets when he pees all over everything, sex slave, someone to baby his ass when he's sick ... have I left anything out?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucario View Post
We're talking about marriage here?
No. But there are anti anxiety drugs that can cure these nightmares.

Old 11-11-2009, 11:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by seeniorita View Post
Why do men always ask this question? Why do you always assume the man is rich and the woman is out to take everything? There are alot of marriages where the man marries into money or the wife makes more. Last time I went to a wedding, TWO people were standing at the alter and neither one of them had a gun to each other's head!

I am so tired of hearing women are out for all the man's cash, half this, half that when the reality is in most divorces half of nothing leaves nothing!

If you don't want to be married...don't get married. This isn't rocket science. Sometimes it works out, sometimes it doesn't.

Ok rant over!
That was just an example... honestly it doesn't matter if he's rich.
Even if both were making the same amount of contribution to the family net worth, there is still no benefit to men.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships