Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-15-2010, 04:38 AM

4,379 posts, read 5,383,949 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunflower_lol View Post
Yes but yet there are still peanut-size brain men who don't get that (either they're still in grade school or don't understand the concept or physical fatality and consequences... jail time). They need to get some sense knock into them seriously.

Such is life. Not every person is a reasoned one.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-15-2010, 05:03 AM

1,413 posts, read 3,232,265 times
Really? Do you kill flies with hammers?
What about walking away from someone, whatever gender, who offers violence?
This is a lose/lose proposition. You get arrested, go to jail, make bail, pay an attorney, go to court, have a record, just because you couldn't walk away?
Even if you're in the "right", is it worth it? Doubtful.

Old 06-15-2010, 05:12 AM

25,901 posts, read 42,701,121 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthsideJacksonville View Post
And women wonder why no one will believe them when they are raped, because they have a natural tendency to lie.
As much misogyny is blown around this board, it always surprises me a little when someone comes out and actually puts this kind of garbage into words with a straight face.

Old 06-15-2010, 05:13 AM

19,046 posts, read 25,192,725 times
Quote:
Shakes Head. You're the kind of woman that would probably go up to some random man and start a fight knowing you'll get your head knocked off, then go to the police and say he hit you first. Yet, the cops are stupid enough to believe a lie over the truth. If a woman comes at a man with equal or greater force, she deserves it right back at her. Period. It's time out for taking it easy on women who think they have the right to come at men hitting and punching them and expect for a man not to come right back at them. That's foolishness on so many levels. And women wonder why no one will believe them when they are raped, because they have a natural tendency to lie. It's said that 2-3% of sexual assault/rape reports turn out to be false. I'm NOT CONDONING DOMESTIC VIOLENCE AGAINST WOMEN BY ANY MEANS but some women need to quit putting themselves in a man's position because some men have no problem beating the crap out of a woman, regardless of catching a case or not.
Wait...did you just state women have a natural tendency to lie? It's early so maybe I'm misunderstanding.

Old 06-15-2010, 05:30 AM

3,486 posts, read 5,684,894 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Braunwyn View Post
Wait...did you just state women have a natural tendency to lie? It's early so maybe I'm misunderstanding.
I wonder how they would react if someone said men have a natural tendency to rape -- and then lie about it, of course. You know, with 97%-98% of rape accusations being true.

Old 06-15-2010, 05:30 AM

3,337 posts, read 7,120,348 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JustJulia View Post
As much misogyny is blown around this board, it always surprises me a little when someone comes out and actually puts this kind of garbage into words with a straight face.
Call it what you want but you can't deny that there is some truth to what I said.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Braunwyn View Post
Some of them do, not all however.

Old 06-15-2010, 05:32 AM

3,337 posts, read 7,120,348 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redisca View Post
I wonder how they would react if someone said men have a natural tendency to rape -- and then lie about it, of course. You know, with 97%-98% of rape accusations being true.
Yes but at the same time you have to look at the 2%-3% of accusations that turn out to be false. That's what makes me doubt the validity of all the others based on the margin of error.

Old 06-15-2010, 05:33 AM

Quote:
Call it what you want but you can't deny that there is some truth to what I said.
Yes -- and a whole lot of exaggeration and lying.

Quote:
Some of them do, not all however.
That's not what you originally said.

Old 06-15-2010, 05:37 AM

Quote:
Yes but at the same time you have to look at the 2%-3% of accusations that turn out to be false. That's what makes me doubt the validity of all the others based on the margin of error.
"Margin of error"? You are claiming there is a 98% margin of error here? What a crock. You doubt their validity because you want to doubt their validity. It's interesting how 2%-3% percent of accusations being false makes you doubt that any woman ever gets raped, but 97%-98% of rape accusations being true doesn't lead you to believe that, you know, any given rape accusation has a tremendous statistical probability of being true. Anyway, if anyone said that 2%-3% of men who claim to be abused are lying, I don't think that would make you doubt the validity of all such accusations. You pick and choose your biases.

Old 06-15-2010, 05:38 AM

25,901 posts, read 42,701,121 times
Quote:
No matter what I say, you can just choose to believe I'm lying. Isn't that convenient?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships