Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-07-2012, 05:07 PM

14,204 posts, read 12,281,720 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanspeur View Post
You are a LIAR...I said no such thing... YOU were the one that claimed that Noah anchored his barge with 400 feet of rope...My own depth limit for anchorage is 50 fathoms (300 feet) because I have only 600 feet of anchor line....All any ship has to do the anchor in deeper water is have enough of the proper anchor gear...You have to be one of the most dishonest posters I have ever seen.
If you are not a troll, then you sure are a good imitation of one.
whats a fathom?

Old 04-07-2012, 05:12 PM

33,536 posts, read 37,140,220 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucidkitty View Post
whats a fathom?
A fathom is 6 feet.

Old 04-07-2012, 05:13 PM

Quote:
A fathom is 6 feet.
See things like fathoms and leagues are more exciting than miles and kilometers . Of course i probably could have just multiplied that and got the answer .

Old 04-07-2012, 05:16 PM

37 posts, read 24,064 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ijustlinn View Post
I'll have to admit your argument isn't very solid. But here are some historical mentioning of serpents/dragons (you know because "dinosaurs" were not invented until the 19th century).
HA! Hahha....He...Heeee!!! Hehe....Hehehehe...Bwaaahaaahahahaha...*snort* Heehehehehaha *snort* Ha!! Haaaaa...*snort..snort* <gasping for breath> Haahahahahaaa...!! Hehehehe....Hoooo!!!! Hahahahahahaha.....Hehehehehehehe....Harrrrharharh ar....*snort*...
Hehehe....

Ok...I'm (hehe) Ok. Oh boy (he) Wow..that was...Ok, no I'm not...

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA...Heeehheehehehehehehehe. WOOOO!!!! Hehe. Hahaha *SNORT*...hahaha.....hahaha...he...hehehe....mmmmm ...

God I love this place.

Old 04-07-2012, 05:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucidkitty View Post
See things like fathoms and leagues are more exciting than miles and kilometers . Of course i probably could have just multiplied that and got the answer .
Nautical terms are a whole other language... Glossary of Nautical Terms

Old 04-07-2012, 05:22 PM

17,966 posts, read 15,969,381 times
Quote:
Dumb it down for me?....LOL...You really don't have a clue, do you...A 400 ft length of rope and a stone will not work no matter how heavy the stone is...There is something else required...Here is another clue...Even with the missing component from the anchor gear 400 ft of anchor line will only be secure in 200 feet of depth or less...Modern ships use steel anchors that are designed to dig into the bottom, plus steel is about five times the weight of stone.

Think about this information....There WILL be a test.
Here sanspeur I'll post it again to refresh that ole tired mind of yours

Old 04-07-2012, 05:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eusebius View Post
Here sanspeur I'll post it again to refresh that ole tired mind of yours
Are you trying to tell me that ships can anchor in water deeper than 400 feet with only the 400 feet of rope you claim that Noah had?.....I stand by what I said.....So tell me, what part of the anchor gear is missing in order for it to work?

Old 04-07-2012, 06:14 PM

Quote:
Are you trying to tell me that ships can anchor in water deeper than 400 feet with only the 400 feet of rope you claim that Noah had?.....I stand by what I said.....So tell me, what part of the anchor gear is missing in order for it to work?
why do you need twice the amount of rope compared to the depth? I'm assuming it has something to do with the weight pulling the ship down, or am i wrong?

Old 04-07-2012, 06:40 PM

16,294 posts, read 28,531,593 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
It is not ignorance, Ashe . . . it is disregard. The "wisdom of man" holds no sway in his worldview . . . only the "Word of God" as he sees it. It is not possible to reason with such credulity . . . just acknowledge its scientific absurdity and move on. There is no there there. I support your campaign to keep religious rationale out of our legal system, Ashe . . . but otherwise it is harmless faith that supports his otherwise decent beliefs and intent.
It is not harmless, for this ignorance has an impact on society, and <shudder> he may be raising another generation of stunning willful ignorant children. He likely votes, and that imposes his (and those that share this exterme willful ignorance) into government and laws. (such an issue will be on the May ballot in NC and MN to impose such ignorance into our state constitution.)

Remember: Never under estimate the power of stupid people in large numbers.

And he demonstrates the worst kind of ignorance, willful and deliberate ignorance, the most dangerous and inexcusable ignorance.

“He must be very ignorant for he answers every question he is asked”
Voltaire

“Nothing in the world is more dangerous than a sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.”
Martin Luther King, Jr.

"Willful ignorance: more dangerous than you think" <------ I said that

Old 04-07-2012, 06:44 PM

16,294 posts, read 28,531,593 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eusebius View Post
I've been using my mind and science to prove the flood story but when I do you make snide remarks. You can't be pleased no matter what I do.
You have been using your mind to make up a constant stream of fantasies and bull excrement. My dog has a better grasp of science than you do.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality