Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-07-2010, 02:23 PM

9,986 posts, read 18,674,486 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by actonbell View Post
And I would in turn with all due respect, thank you kindly and be on my way. Just as they were when they left my door stoop.

We have gone now from interpersonal conversation to more personal...be careful.
Wait, are saying that a person in your home would have to take your lesson, but you wouldn't have to take theirs at their home ,you would just say no thanks and leave? or would you listen politely then leave?

What do I need to be careful about?

Old 10-07-2010, 02:25 PM

9,301 posts, read 8,352,087 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TKramar View Post
I tend to think of us as God's lab rats. He couldn't really care any less about what happens to us.
Okay, yeah, I'm suspecting we could be part of some experiment.

In fact I see life as an experiment of some sort.

cool.

Old 10-07-2010, 03:51 PM

44 posts, read 33,267 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jazzymom View Post
We don't have a belief we are the only ones saved, or our way is the only way.
Neither does my Christian denomination, but why let the facts get in the way of a good sob story, eh jazzymom?

Old 10-07-2010, 03:55 PM

40,050 posts, read 34,613,990 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigblue2007 View Post
This is a 100% serious question. It seems that some of you go to no end (even troll) to bash Christians, but the same animousity doesn't exist for any other religion, in particular Judaism. I've seen posts where people say how they hate seeing the manger up in public places, yet they never mention the menorah. I find this obvious focused hatred quite odd and would like to know what that is.
And what do you propose by way of remediation?

Old 10-07-2010, 04:02 PM

1,159 posts, read 1,839,235 times
Quote:
This is a 100% serious question. It seems that some of you go to no end (even troll) to bash Christians, but the same animousity doesn't exist for any other religion, in particular Judaism. I've seen posts where people say how they hate seeing the manger up in public places, yet they never mention the menorah. I find this obvious focused hatred quite odd and would like to know what that is.

Is it because many of the vocal atheists were once Christians, so they attack what they know?
Way to throw the Jews under the bus. What a nice "Christian" thing to do.

Old 10-07-2010, 04:02 PM

19,012 posts, read 29,731,337 times
Quote:

Is it because many of the vocal atheists were once Christians, so they attack what they know?
Many of the Jewish folks happen to be paycheque signers

The bashers need to eat and pay mortgages. So the loyalty is planted deep within their psyche.

Old 10-07-2010, 04:04 PM

44 posts, read 33,267 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fred314X View Post
And what do you propose by way of remediation?
That when anybody wants to bash a religion, they get the target correct. If they are bashing proselytizing by Christian Evangelicals and Fundamentalists, they make sure to clarify that from all Christians. If they are angry at the Catholic Church for their handling of the sex abuse scandal, point out that it's Catholics and not "Christians" as a whole. Bashing "Christians" as a whole is ignorant and shouldn't be tolerated.

Old 10-07-2010, 04:09 PM

10,607 posts, read 11,661,785 times
You know as a nonbeliever in organized religion I find it interesting that the radical aspects of the major religions,(whether they be Christian, Islam, or Judaism) are the ones that apparently get the most attention and because so, tarnish the rest of their members. There are those of the different denominations within their particular belief that don't subscribe to that kind of behavior and unfortunately get dragged into it and suffer because of that kind of behavior. I think it's wrong to judge everyone of one particular religion or belief by a few radicals. That's just my opinion.

Old 10-07-2010, 04:10 PM

4,082 posts, read 5,044,912 times
Quote:
Neither does my Christian denomination, but why let the facts get in the way of a good sob story, eh jazzymom?
Your inability to have a civil conversation stuns me.....

The central belief in Christianity is salvation through Christ. That means the way to the father is through Jesus.

The other central belief is hell and those who do not accept Jesus are headed there.

You might not believe that but the majority of Christians do..l

So from now on can you speak without the smart Moderator cut: deleted remarks???

Last edited by june 7th; 10-07-2010 at 05:11 PM..

Old 10-07-2010, 04:13 PM

19,012 posts, read 29,731,337 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ptsum View Post
You know as a nonbeliever in organized religion I find it interesting that the radical aspects of the major religions,(whether they be Christian, Islam, or Judaism) are the ones that apparently get the most attention and because so, tarnish the rest of their members. There are those of the different denominations within their particular belief that don't subscribe to that kind of behavior and unfortunately get dragged into it and suffer because of that kind of behavior. I think it's wrong to judge everyone of one particular religion or belief by a few radicals. That's just my opinion.
PT, now, now, don't bash the Maccabees
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality