Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-07-2010, 11:17 AM

6,034 posts, read 10,685,819 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigblue2007 View Post
If your sad analogy were correct, you would slap all penis's because 1 male showed you his. It's fine to bash a deserving group of people, but don't bash everyone because you aren't intelligent enough (or are simply intellectually lazy) to tell the difference.
You don't even understand the analogy. Keep it in your pants unless I ask to see it, and it won't get slapped. Another good analogy that you will misunderstand is 'only the nail sticking up will get hammered down'.

Old 10-07-2010, 11:18 AM

44 posts, read 33,250 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jazzymom View Post
This is a 100% serious answer to your question. Christians and Muslims feel they have the only truth and everyone else ought to convert to their religions or face eternal hell.

You have not been on this city-data but for a day it looks like so before you complain maybe you ought to take a look at the posts attacking non believers.

And public places are not a place for anything religious, no matter what the religion.

You seem to be particular in singling out Judaism......But there are many other religions too.

But only Christianity and Islam have been hateful towards others on this forum.
As I said to the others, there are many denominations of Christianity and to paint all Christians with the same brush is irresponsible at best.

Old 10-07-2010, 11:19 AM

6,034 posts, read 10,685,819 times
Quote:
But only Christianity and Islam have been hateful towards others on this forum.
Truth, that statement there. OMG I just complimented a Jew! I take it all back.

See how that works LittleBlue?

Old 10-07-2010, 11:20 AM

4,082 posts, read 5,044,013 times
Quote:
Where did I do that?

I think the simple fact is many of you aren't intelligent enough or educated enough to understand that their are different denominations within Christianity, so you paint all religions under the Christianity umbrella with one stroke. Shame on you.

So now you go to insulting? Shame on you........

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mercury Cougar View Post
You don't even understand the analogy. Keep it in your pants unless I ask to see it, and it won't get slapped. Another good analogy that you will misunderstand is 'only the nail sticking up will get hammered down'.
It's a poor analogy to begin with. As I said to the other poster, do you stereotype races and genders the way you do religions?

9,986 posts, read 18,673,526 times
Quote:
Do you stereotype based on race and gender the way you do with religion?
I dont base people on their gender or looks, just how they treat me and others.

Do you read the bible?

Old 10-07-2010, 11:21 AM

4,082 posts, read 5,044,013 times
Quote:
Okay, let me wipe away the tears of laughter before I respond...

...oh, never mind, it's a lost cause to try to make you see logic. You'll believe what you want to believe, and only see what you want to see.

Ok Mercury, pass the tissues this way because i too have tears of laughter...

Old 10-07-2010, 11:21 AM

Quote:
Truth, that statement there. OMG I just complimented a Jew! I take it all back.

See how that works LittleBlue?
There's truth in the statement that 2 religions have been hateful towards others? Wow I didn't know a religion could hate. I thought that was a human emotion. I learn something new every day.

Old 10-07-2010, 11:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nea1 View Post
No need to, I have never had bad relations or inter-reactions with other genders or colors. There is only one race, the human one.

Do you read the bible?
No I do not. So if you had bad relations with African Americans you'd stereotype them?

Old 10-07-2010, 11:24 AM

Quote:
So now you go to insulting? Shame on you........
I insult those who stereotype all Christians and say things like "you read the same book", absolutely. How would you feel if I said all Jews were cheap? It's a nasty stereotype that shouldn't be said. Each person is an individual and should be taken as such.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality