Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-16-2010, 09:44 AM

16,155 posts, read 12,865,041 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Campbell34 View Post
Of course I believe you guys would like others to believe that such accounts are only found in Christian publications.
Well YOU believe Ron Wyatt so that's all that needs to be said.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-16-2010, 09:50 AM

7,628 posts, read 10,973,476 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rafius View Post
So are virgin births, global floods and towers that reach the sky but we know what nonsense that is.

Sorry old horse but the ramblings of a moron like Ron Wyatt are just something to laugh at.

"Wyatt's interest in the crossing of the Red Sea by the Hebrews became focused on the site of Nuweiba in Egypt because it seemed to fit some of the description of Biblical and historical accounts of the geography. It was while diving along the beach at Nuweiba that he found what he said were chariot parts.

During his first visit to Nuweiba in 1978 he found a large column lying on the beach that looked like an ancient artifact. Later he found that it had been set up by Egyptian authorities in concrete for display. He believed it to be a marker set up by King Solomon to note the crossing of the Red Sea."
Chariot wheels found at the bottom of the Red Sea?-Unproven!

If Solomon is nonsense, why do we see his name in the historical record? And only a fool would laugh at evidence that is being confirmed by others. You can't hang your hat on Wyatt anymore Rafius. You will need to begin to attack all the others coming back confirming Wyatt's account.

Old 11-16-2010, 09:57 AM

7,628 posts, read 10,973,476 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rafius View Post
Well YOU believe Ron Wyatt so that's all that needs to be said.
Only someone with a very narrow view of life would make a statement like that. The fact is, I believe in some of Wyatt's discoveries. And those discoveries have been already confirmed by so many others. So I do not stand alone here.

Old 11-16-2010, 10:06 AM

48 posts, read 64,745 times
Quote:
Did you really think that National Geographic would explore the three hours of darkness during the death of Christ on the cross Rafius? And for the record, everything spoken of in the link can be found in the historical record. So don't blame Creation Ministries. Of course I believe you guys would like others to believe that such accounts are only found in Christian publications. And naturally, that would be just another fales belief imbraced by unbelievers.
It's not the hours on a cross that I doubt. It's the getting up and walking around later that bothers me.

Last edited by Ranctum; 11-16-2010 at 10:46 AM..

Old 11-16-2010, 01:18 PM

9,616 posts, read 12,922,232 times
Default Important note to Sanspeur! You're a Doctor now!

Quote:
Originally Posted by haynako View Post
Evolution is a joke. Oh yeah we are still evolving and that is why, sperms STILL can't survive inside the body, even though they came INSIDE the body and miraculously can create another human life by entering into another body but that is just one of the million sperms that didn't die in the process of conception.
Your staggeringly uneducated "facts" only show you are incapable or unwilling (or both?) to investigate how mammalian physiology works. Conflating human sperm physiology and in-situ survival (BTW, it's a simple temperature thing, just so you know...) with Evolution is laughable. Please do continue, evo!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanspeur View Post
Why would anyone believe a man like Bob Cornuke?..Legitimate archeologists don't. It's bad enough that you think the bible is an accurate book of history.

About Bob Cornuke.....He describes himself as a Biblical archaeologist, but has no degree or training in archaeology. He holds a Master of Arts in Biblical Studies and a Ph.D. in Bible and Theology, both from the unaccredited Louisiana Baptist University. Cornuke is travel guide/business partners with Chuck Missler. Cornuke received credits at Missler's unaccredited Koinonia Institute, which were transferable to the unaccredited Louisiana Baptist University. He is the author of six books about his explorations over the last 20 years. Archaeologists and other critics characterize his approach of using of the Bible as a literal guide for his explorations as pseudoarchaeology

He uses the typical creationist approach of twisting facts to fit a conclusion already made.
Given my own credentials from several universities, sanspeur, I hearby grant you, based on your proven and ongoing fully recorded research efforts and writings herein, complete accreditation with an...

Honorary Degree of Doctor of C-D Philosophyâ„¢. P[C-D∞]hD Emeritus, sanctimonium ad nauseum, in absurdeum. And all appurtenances thereto, etc. etc.

There! Go get 'em, tiger!, esp. El Tommo and The Mystic One. Certainly this degree holds considerably more weight than that of early Baugh-Hoax Man.

PS: and do please change your tag line appropriately, soz the innocent and unwarned will be thus so!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mercury Cougar View Post
Arequipa and all you others still talking to C34...just put him on ignore. You know he never accepts fact or evidence, but insists on dwelling in a perpetual state of denial and delusion. There's a bunch of us now that have him on ignore, because he just rants about hoaxes and fairy tales being real. He's a sad, deluded lost cause. Move on to someone who actually has something worthwhile to discuss.
But, but.. he's so much phun to play mental Scrabbleâ„¢ with, MC!

BTW, I actually do have him on Ignore now, and it's interesting to watch the responses of others without reading his. You can pretty easily figure out what he says that riles them (and me) up so much, but at least I don't have to read all of his unrelenting tripe!

It'd probably have the most effect if everyone just ignored his sanctimonious and inflammatory (but illiterate) posts, that's for sure.

Old 11-16-2010, 01:29 PM

11,798 posts, read 25,194,708 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rifleman View Post
But, but.. he's so much phun to play mental Scrabbleâ„¢ with, MC!
I think that's the key. Although to carry the analogy a but further, one always knows which tiles are in his rack.

Old 11-16-2010, 01:31 PM

32 posts, read 42,814 times
In faCT, it's just indeed a temp thing but thousand/billions of years of mighty evolution still can't adapt, in its OWN body even? And you don't see the joke there? HA! - how gay, I know.

Old 11-16-2010, 01:34 PM

3,331 posts, read 5,958,411 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by haynako View Post
In faCT, it's just indeed a temp thing but thousand/billions of years of mighty evolution still can't adapt, in its OWN body even? And you don't see the joke there? HA! - how gay, I know.
Ever considered that nature saw no reason to adapt to it and things are working the way they are supposed to? What's this have to do with the Exodus anyway?

Old 11-17-2010, 01:47 AM

3,966 posts, read 6,865,348 times
Quote:
Well first you have to understand that I am not in a panic, and that is because unlike you my faith is not tied to trying to prove or disprove past history. My faith comes from actual encounters with the God of the Bible. The God you deny. And these encounters span my lifetime. Second you need to understand that the Bible tends to mock, and make fools of people such as yourself. And the reason for this is clear. Often you willl find sometimes in Scripture that it speaks of people, places, and events. Yet such accounts have not been confirmed by Archaeology. And because of this skeptics such as yourself now feel confident that the Bible must be wrong. Yet this happens all the time. The Bible spoke of the Hittite civilzation in the Old Testament no less then fifty times. Yet no such civilzation was found. Then Skeptics stated this was nothing more than a Bible myth. And for years they mock the Bible, and this account. However then in the 19th and 20th centuries archaelolgist discovered the Hittite capital city in northern Turkey. The Bible was proven correct, and skeptics were made to look like fools. Then for years the skeptics stated the story of king David was just another Bible myth. And a book was even being published stating that much. Then came the discovery at a place called Tel Dan showing us that King David did exist, and once again the Bible was proven correct. And once again the skeptics were made to look like fools. Lack of evidence is not a slam dunk for skeptics. It is really a trap for them. Because God gives them enought time to fully place their foot in their mouths, and then He springs the trap through historical discovery. And this allows us to fully see how stupid these people are. And of course as their false historical beliefs are revealed. They will simply forget their past mistakes, and move on to some other undiscovered Biblical account setting themselves to look like fools again. Today they say the Exdous never happened. And like the past fools who said the Hittite civilization did not exist, or King David was a Bible myth. They will be proven wrong again.

The Biblical exodus inscribed on an ancient Egyptian stele

World Mysteries - Articles by Ralph Ellis

I dont get where people get this belief about the hittites, considering we have egypian documentation about the empire. And no king david was not proven to exsist, the tel dan stele only mentions the house of david....we don't know if this is the same david....a different david....or the david they refer to is mythical. Also for every piece of evidence that might slightly prove biblical tales 10 pieces of evidence disprove things. Those links are cute....but if you want us to take your arguments serious then give us credible experts in the field.

Old 11-17-2010, 01:49 AM

3,966 posts, read 6,865,348 times
Quote:
Only someone with a very narrow view of life would make a statement like that. The fact is, I believe in some of Wyatt's discoveries. And those discoveries have been already confirmed by so many others. So I do not stand alone here.

really? Confirmed by who exactly of any credibility? Any professional in the field has never to my knowledge ever confirmed any of his findings.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality