Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-16-2011, 12:30 PM

5,298 posts, read 4,592,697 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by old_cold View Post
Slight correction.
God does not have to exist.....only the concept of god is needed for atheism to exist.

I disagree. Atheism was not built on a concept, it was built by God on a reality. God wanted oppisition to himself, so he blinded the minds of many men long ago. These men objected to worshipping God, and started the movement of unbelief, of which from that, Atheism evolved. It evolved from a real God, real events in history, and by real people.

Nothing to do with concepts.

Old 09-16-2011, 12:38 PM

23,173 posts, read 26,202,662 times
I should have known better than to waste the time it took to type it.

Old 09-16-2011, 12:42 PM

33,548 posts, read 37,145,710 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mickiel View Post
I disagree. Atheism was not built on a concept, it was built by God on a reality. God wanted oppisition to himself, so he blinded the minds of many men long ago. These men objected to worshipping God, and started the movement of unbelief, of which from that, Atheism evolved. It evolved from a real God, real events in history, and by real people.

I in turn disagree with you, since god has not been proven to exist, and I do not believe he does, yet atheists still exist based solely on the concept of a god existing. To an atheist god is nothing but a concept that other people believe in.

Old 09-16-2011, 12:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by old_cold View Post
I should have known better than to waste the time it took to type it.

See you think men created Atheism, you cannot see its devine purpose.

But I understand that. Even those who do not think they belong to God, still belong to him. The earth is the Lords, and the " Fullnest thereof." Meaning Atheist are not left out, your his too.

Old 09-16-2011, 12:51 PM

Quote:
I have no personal religion, and you can't create one for me. Your just in denial about this, I am not.
I'm in denial? It's pretty obvious to everyone reading this thread that it is not me that is in denial of reality.

Old 09-16-2011, 12:55 PM

30 posts, read 39,841 times
Quote:

Hey now, you can't say "evolved".

Things don't "evolve", remember?

Old 09-16-2011, 12:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanspeur View Post
I'm in denial? It's pretty obvious to everyone reading this thread that it is not me that is in denial of reality.

Again the advent of the deteriation of communication; the gall of " Speaking for everyonelse." You take a position of claiming the obvious for " Everyone", which is within itself, a false impossible premise; and that is an ultimate denial of personal rights. Almost political, you deem yourself as casting a vote for everyone, most of whom you don't even know.

I am going to go into the serious ramifications of this in next thread. I encourage you to participate; I " Need " you to participate. Because I will need live examples to prove what I am saying.

Old 09-16-2011, 01:04 PM

Quote:
See you think men created Atheism, you cannot see its devine purpose.

But I understand that. Even those who do not think they belong to God, still belong to him. The earth is the Lords, and the " Fullnest thereof." Meaning Atheist are not left out, your his too.
Atheism is not a thing. Perhaps your problem is that you do not understand the meaning of the word....

Atheism: One who disbelieves or denies the existence of God or gods.

Old 09-16-2011, 01:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanspeur View Post
Atheism is not a thing. Perhaps your problem is that you do not understand the meaning of the word....

Atheism: One who disbelieves or denies the existence of God or gods.

I will give my definition of such;

Atheism: humans enlisted by God to oppose him: to deny him.

Old 09-16-2011, 01:15 PM

Quote:
I will give my definition of such;

Atheism: humans enlisted by God to oppose him: to deny him.
You do live in you own little world don't you?...If you mess up the language with your own definition of words, then you shouldn't be surprised when people do not understand what you are trying to say.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality