U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
 
Old 10-18-2011, 08:09 AM
 
15,727 posts, read 9,111,314 times
Reputation: 6980

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by old_cold View Post
It would surprise me less if those same horrified persons engaged in the same 'unnatural' practices
Notice, the question was never answered
90% of people engage in oral sex, and at least 40% admit to engaging in anal (although I bet the actual percentage is higher). This would include anti-gay Christians and people like SuperSoul, so yes, most of them engage in the very behavior they condemn. Hypocrisy knows no bounds among the anti-gay.

 
Old 10-18-2011, 11:48 AM
 
2,379 posts, read 2,605,737 times
Reputation: 1186
Quote:
Originally Posted by Theophane View Post
It doesn't matter, because what they're doing is categorically wrong.
Yes, it is wrong in the sense that it causes harm. There is no reason to feel ashamed by trauma or twisted beliefs that contribute to homosexual preferences... just live & learn. We each are living evidence that nature intended men & women to fit their anatomy together. Probably the reason why homosexuals tend to change partners so much more often than heterosexuals is the same reason why when you buy a part... or clothes etc... & it doesn't fit... you take it back, to get a new one. The problem is that homosexuals need to realize it's not the homosexual partner who is the problem - it's the mis-match of same sexes.

=

I see no reason to resond to the arguments because they are not arguments - but denial. It remind me of when you tell them a child why they can't jump off the roof even with their super-man costume on - & the child gets mad at YOU for explaining the natural law of cause & effect.
Nevertheless... those who desire, feel free to keep getting mad at reality.
 
Old 10-18-2011, 11:52 AM
 
Location: OKC
5,426 posts, read 5,569,083 times
Reputation: 1760
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperSoul View Post
Yes, we each are living evidence that nature intended men & women to fit their anatomy together.

=

I see no reason to resond to the arguments because they are not arguments - but denial. It remind me of children when you tell them why they can't jump off the roof with their super-man costume on & the children get mad at YOU for explaining the natural law of cause & effect.
Nevertheless... those who desire, feel free to keep getting mad at reality.
No one's mad at reality. We're just acknowledging that you have no basis for your beliefs other than bigotry.
 
Old 10-18-2011, 01:46 PM
 
Location: Ontario, Canada
2,705 posts, read 2,505,408 times
Reputation: 833
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperSoul View Post
Yes, it is wrong in the sense that it causes harm. There is no reason to feel ashamed by trauma or twisted beliefs that contribute to homosexual preferences... just live & learn. We each are living evidence that nature intended men & women to fit their anatomy together. Probably the reason why homosexuals tend to change partners so much more often than heterosexuals is the same reason why when you buy a part... or clothes etc... & it doesn't fit... you take it back, to get a new one. The problem is that homosexuals need to realize it's not the homosexual partner who is the problem - it's the mis-match of same sexes.

=

I see no reason to resond to the arguments because they are not arguments - but denial. It remind me of when you tell them a child why they can't jump off the roof even with their super-man costume on - & the child gets mad at YOU for explaining the natural law of cause & effect.
Nevertheless... those who desire, feel free to keep getting mad at reality.
No, I was talking about the Westboro Baptist Church. What *they* are doing is categorically wrong.
 
Old 10-18-2011, 02:38 PM
 
17,853 posts, read 11,751,366 times
Reputation: 4113
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperSoul View Post
Yes, it is wrong in the sense that it causes harm. There is no reason to feel ashamed by trauma or twisted beliefs that contribute to homosexual preferences... just live & learn. We each are living evidence that nature intended men & women to fit their anatomy together. Probably the reason why homosexuals tend to change partners so much more often than heterosexuals is the same reason why when you buy a part... or clothes etc... & it doesn't fit... you take it back, to get a new one. The problem is that homosexuals need to realize it's not the homosexual partner who is the problem - it's the mis-match of same sexes.

=

I see no reason to resond to the arguments because they are not arguments - but denial. It remind me of when you tell them a child why they can't jump off the roof even with their super-man costume on - & the child gets mad at YOU for explaining the natural law of cause & effect.
Nevertheless... those who desire, feel free to keep getting mad at reality.

If you never stumbled across reality, you'd pick yourself up, dust yourself off, and walk on as if it never happened.
 
Old 10-18-2011, 02:52 PM
 
Location: Lower east side of Toronto
10,589 posts, read 10,317,990 times
Reputation: 9271
So-called "gays" or "homo-sexuals" are simply the weaker non-breeding members of society - in part some are born - and some are created. The power and privledge of being a woman are very seductive to some - This phenomena that we speak of is natural in some parts of nature - It is the mimicing of females to gain advantage.

As for Jesus - He did not have a problem with the same sex loving each other - but it is certain that sex or the mimicing of sex was not part of early Christian life - nor was homosexuality an issue...It is modern man that contorted and sexualized same sex love...not that I consider the homosexual act sexual - sex like marriage needs to have by definition - two opposites..

Having said that...there is no Christain quote in the New Testiment..regarding homosexuality - there is in the old...."one should not get in bed with a man and pretend he is a woman" - to para-phrase...and that is about it...period.

As for myself being raised as an old school Orthodox Christian - and I mean real old school - Joe was the dad - Jesus had brothers and sisters...his mother was not a virgin cos' that would be impossible....and as far as men loving Christ - it was fine - but he did not mess with men as if they were woman - He also had relationships with woman...and dearly loved them as an ordinary man does....orthodox Christianity was dependent on what Christ taught - not on Romanized romantic myth...it was pragmatic...


From what I understand the early Christians payed no heed to so-called homo-sexuality - it was not a sensationalized issue as it is today.
 
Old 10-18-2011, 04:44 PM
 
Location: Victoria, BC.
30,038 posts, read 30,671,240 times
Reputation: 12213
Quote:
Originally Posted by Theophane View Post
No, I was talking about the Westboro Baptist Church. What *they* are doing is categorically wrong.
I agree that they are wrong, but why are they wrong? They are just taking what many Christians preach a step further.
 
Old 10-18-2011, 04:50 PM
 
Location: Florida
18,290 posts, read 18,533,242 times
Reputation: 20965
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperSoul View Post
Nevertheless... those who desire, feel free to keep getting mad at reality.
Speaking of reality.....Did I miss it or did you never answer the queston about whether the sexual acts practiced by homosexuals is wrong if performed by heteros?
I guess we know you'd not admit it if YOU perform similar or the same.
 
Old 10-18-2011, 06:06 PM
 
Location: Earth. For now.
1,198 posts, read 1,711,339 times
Reputation: 1139
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperSoul View Post
Yes, it is wrong in the sense that it causes harm. There is no reason to feel ashamed by trauma or twisted beliefs that contribute to homosexual preferences... just live & learn. We each are living evidence that nature intended men & women to fit their anatomy together. Probably the reason why homosexuals tend to change partners so much more often than heterosexuals is the same reason why when you buy a part... or clothes etc... & it doesn't fit... you take it back, to get a new one. The problem is that homosexuals need to realize it's not the homosexual partner who is the problem - it's the mis-match of same sexes.
...
Hmmm. Aside from the ridiculous assertion about trauma or twisted belief, I'd like you to prove the bolded phrase above with statistics. I am friends with several gay couples. One couple has been together for 7 years, another 14 years, another 17 years, and another 37 years. Heterosexual marriage - at best - has a 50% failure rate. I'm not saying gay marriage is more or less successful. But it's clear that straight marriage isn't all that great either.

Wow, you are so, so wrong in your assumptions. And that's all they are - assumptions about people that you don't even know.
 
Old 10-18-2011, 06:25 PM
 
2,031 posts, read 2,293,939 times
Reputation: 1375
Quote:
Originally Posted by old_cold View Post
It would surprise me less if those same horrified persons engaged in the same 'unnatural' practices
Notice, the question was never answered
Some do, I'm sure -- my guess is that they tend to be of the "I hate gays because I think man-on-man is really gross and I'm afraid someone might think I'm gay if I don't talk about how much I hate it! variety.

Then there's the actual fundamentalists, many of whom I have no doubt want to re-establish laws banning all sodomy-- and I bet they have plenty of ideas on how to enforce such laws. I suspect these people are also ones who would nullify my entirely-secular marriage in a moment, as well as outlawing divorce, if only they could find the political means to do so.

Then, as you say, there are always the hypocrites, preaching one thing while visiting prostitutes or whatnot!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top