Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-23-2011, 08:14 AM

16,294 posts, read 28,534,911 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by nimchimpsky View Post
Sure feels like it when you have to crash every single thread with "this isn't real" and "it's all in your head" and "I'm not surprised you believe in this myth" etc. etc. If it's not a temper tantrum, why do you feel the need to assert your beliefs constantly? Why not just let people be?
Because it is the greatest threat that man could control to the future of mankind.

We learn of the Salem Witch Trials in history and think that could never happen now....... but in reality this level of ignorance is alive and well today. We are all part of mankind, and one doesn't have to look far to find atrocities that are worse, all religion based. Things like stoning a woman to death for being the victim of rape.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-23-2011, 08:16 AM

2,705 posts, read 3,120,864 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by old_cold View Post
I certainly have read and heard from some that leaves me with the same impression but what you are saying is another example of broad-brushing which is only done out of extreme ignorance
If you don't mind being seen that way, keep it up
I call it like I see it. Atheist culture seems to be a culture of anger and childish potty-mouth.

Old 09-23-2011, 08:21 AM

23,173 posts, read 26,202,662 times
How about pointing out anything I have posted that you interpreted as angry sounding or potty mouthed?

Old 09-23-2011, 08:27 AM

10,908 posts, read 9,556,977 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Theophane View Post
Face it, you can't be an atheist if you aren't angry.
By your logic then, you can't be a theist without being naive. (Picked the word least likely to get me infracted )

Old 09-23-2011, 08:31 AM

Quote:
Sure feels like it when you have to crash every single thread with "this isn't real" and "it's all in your head" and "I'm not surprised you believe in this myth" etc. etc. If it's not a temper tantrum, why do you feel the need to assert your beliefs constantly? Why not just let people be?
Why can't the theist do as you suggest? It seems that they are the ones who get angry and just have to insert their beliefs into every aspect of life. Just leave it alone.

Old 09-23-2011, 08:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Theophane View Post
I call it like I see it. Atheist culture seems to be a culture of anger and childish potty-mouth.
Another example of a theist saying one thing while doing another.

You are displaying your anger and practicing name calling, but that is okay because you are religious?

The hypocrisy of you position defines your beliefs.

Old 09-23-2011, 09:10 AM

6,222 posts, read 4,012,342 times
Quote:
http://rationalwiki.org/wiki/Antitheism...it's (http://rationalwiki.org/wiki/Antitheism...it%27s - broken link) kind of parasitic thus it requires a host- the theist. No matter how benign the theist beliefs are in reality, the anti-theist views all as threats. Some cannot muster enough tolerance to at least respect the agnostic that says I do not know if there's God or not. You gotta say there is absolutely no such thing as a higher power or else back to the stupid pile with you.

Last edited by gabfest; 09-23-2011 at 09:18 AM..

Old 09-23-2011, 09:26 AM

4,904 posts, read 6,016,556 times
Lies and ignorance live long and prosper within many religious ideologies.

Old 09-23-2011, 09:54 AM

13,138 posts, read 22,818,947 times
Atheism is the search for truth.

Religion is not truth, and anger/frustration comes from having to deal with so many people who in the 21st century STILL insist religion is truth.

Old 09-23-2011, 09:56 AM

6,222 posts, read 4,012,342 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chango View Post
Atheism is the search for truth.

Religion is not truth, and anger/frustration comes from having to deal with so many people who in the 21st century STILL insist religion is truth.
Agnostics search. Atheist have concluded.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality