Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-06-2007, 06:32 AM

3,684 posts, read 11,816,764 times

Advertisements

Go Aiangel! Go! You can do it!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-06-2007, 08:33 AM

7,997 posts, read 12,276,700 times
Default Here you go, folks!!!!

Well, what can I say? In my clinically-oriented, "quasi-spiritual" mindset, I just had to post the following, adapting the twelve steps to the task at hand here on the religion forum's "Quitters Support Group!" June has taken the liberty of modifying the steps below for our specific purposes here:

The Twelve Steps of Tobacco Recovery

1. We admitted we were powerless over cigarettes—that our lives had become unmanageable.

2. Came to believe that a Power greater than ourselves could restore us to sanity.

3. Made a decision to turn our will and our lives over to the care of God as we understood Him.

4. Made a searching and fearless moral inventory of ourselves.

5. Admitted to God, to ourselves, and to another human being the exact nature of our wrongs.

6. Were entirely ready to have God remove all these defects of character.

7. Humbly asked Him to remove our shortcomings.

8. Made a list of all persons we had harmed, and became willing to make amends to them all.

9. Made direct amends to such people wherever possible, except when to do so would injure them or others.

10. Continued to take personal inventory and when we were wrong promptly admitted it.

11. Sought through prayer and meditation to improve our conscious contact with God, as we understood Him, praying only for knowledge of His will for us and the power to carry that out.

12. Having had a spiritual awakening as the result of these Steps, we tried to carry this message to other addicted smokers, and to practice these principles in all our affairs.

Old 11-06-2007, 08:34 AM

Default Okay, I'll go first:

My name's June, and I'm a tobacco addict.

Old 11-06-2007, 09:17 AM

2,136 posts, read 4,789,218 times
Hello, all you bad, bad people. My name is Weather and I am not a smoker. However, I am a food junkie. I love to eat. I love sweets. I love Halloween candy. It is what gets me through the day. However, I am tired of having 5 year olds put their hands on my belly wanting to feel the baby move. I am tired of cute, little mommies-to-be wanting to 'share' our pregnancy moments. I want to stop using food as my crutch. Can I please, please, please join your support group? If it would work out better for all concerned I'd be happy to speak of my 'candy' fix as a cigarette fix. I can do it! Seriously, I'm a 1/2 pack a day eater. There is nothing better than having my morning coffee with my first hit of the day. I need support and I know that you all (my family) can help. What do you say? Can I come to the meetings too? I'll put down my candy cigarettes right now!!

Weather...

Old 11-06-2007, 09:25 AM

Default "Ask and you shall receive"

Quote:
Originally Posted by weatherologist View Post

My name is Weather and I am a food junkie.

Can I please, please, please join your support group?

Step One:

Repeat after me: "My name is Weather and I am powerless over candy."

(Remember: Recovery is free for the asking, and available to all!)

Old 11-06-2007, 09:26 AM

13,640 posts, read 24,512,386 times
Quote:
Hello, all you bad, bad people. My name is Weather and I am not a smoker. However, I am a food junkie. I love to eat. I love sweets. I love Halloween candy. It is what gets me through the day. However, I am tired of having 5 year olds put their hands on my belly wanting to feel the baby move. I am tired of cute, little mommies-to-be wanting to 'share' our pregnancy moments. I want to stop using food as my crutch. Can I please, please, please join your support group? If it would work out better for all concerned I'd be happy to speak of my 'candy' ix as a cigarette fix. I can do it! Seriously, I'm a 1/2 pack a day eater. There is nothing better than having my morning coffee with my first hit of the day. I need support and I know that you all (my family) can help. What do you say? Can I come to the meetings too? I'll put down my candy cigarettes right now!!

Weather...

June!! Help me here.... Weather has all of us out of control..We have fallen and can't get up!!! The meeting is in shambles and Aiangel took advantage of the situation and lit a cigarette.....

Old 11-06-2007, 09:29 AM

Quote:
Hello, all you bad, bad people. My name is Weather and I am not a smoker. However, I am a food junkie. I love to eat. I love sweets. I love Halloween candy. It is what gets me through the day. However, I am tired of having 5 year olds put their hands on my belly wanting to feel the baby move. I am tired of cute, little mommies-to-be wanting to 'share' our pregnancy moments. I want to stop using food as my crutch. Can I please, please, please join your support group? If it would work out better for all concerned I'd be happy to speak of my 'candy' fix as a cigarette fix. I can do it! Seriously, I'm a 1/2 pack a day eater. There is nothing better than having my morning coffee with my first hit of the day. I need support and I know that you all (my family) can help. What do you say? Can I come to the meetings too? I'll put down my candy cigarettes right now!!

Weather...
I like that it's a Quitters support group...so it doesn't matter what you are quitting. Welcome!

Old 11-06-2007, 09:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by blue62 View Post

June!! Help me here.... Weather has all of us out of control..We have fallen and can't get up!!! The meeting is in shambles and Aiangel took advantage of the situation and lit a cigarette.....
"Don't worry ma'am I'll whip them into order for you!"

Old 11-06-2007, 09:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by blue62 View Post

HUH!?

Aiangel, put out that butt right now!!! Refer to Step One!!! Repeat after me: "We are powerless over..."

P.S. I'm the third from the left in the little cartoon cited above!

Old 11-06-2007, 09:39 AM

2,136 posts, read 4,789,218 times
Hello, my name is Weather and I am powerless over candy. Thanks for letting me join. I have to confess, I just ate 5 skittles because my youngest wanted to share...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality