U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 06-24-2011, 03:21 PM
 
1,429 posts, read 2,033,703 times
Reputation: 1890

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by KnightShadow View Post
If you don't realize there are children, cloistered on college campuses doing academic scientific work AND research, then there is nothing more to add.
I've read many research papers in my day. They generally were not filled with so many typos, grammar mistakes, failures of logic, moments that make you go "....what..?"

I can say with 100% confidence the poster is not one of those child geniuses who gets their physics degree at the age of 13. He may very well be doing a child summer program, but it's extremely clear he has not been exposed to the harder core sciences..

He will get there I'm sure, but he is not ready for prime time yet..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 06-24-2011, 03:24 PM
 
1,022 posts, read 11,312,962 times
Reputation: 2926
I spoke thinking these things were known and already a part of Your Worldview. I see now it isn't and it would be cruel for Me to continue. I have no right to upset Your world, otherwise I would be doing what was done to the kid.

So I'll not add anything more. I didn't realize it was causing distress until this very moment. I do NOT have a right to introduce information that would cause a radical change or instability to Your world. Damn, I didn't know and so am sorry I spoke.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-24-2011, 03:28 PM
 
Location: South Africa
5,563 posts, read 6,152,489 times
Reputation: 1785
Quote:
Originally Posted by KnightShadow View Post
Your Worldview and experiences confirm It IS Reality. Well that is the power of a Worldview. Your perceptions attracts all things true to that perception. That is why a scientific event is changed by the observer. Reality works this way. Your Reality IS Reality. It is nothing else.

I never disagree with this point of View. LOL
Really, when you are cornered or in a hole, shaddup or stop digging.

Pray tell how a scientific event is changed by the observer, you may need to define what a scientific event is seeing you are on a role redefining everything to try and make your very weak argument stick.

Young man, you cannot argue with the experienced folk, we just have too many years on you. It is like the old adage "what we have forgotten, you still need to learn". My tutors told me that when I got snarky.

This young man IS the reality, not your reality, not my reality, the world's reality. You may want to look up the meaning of worldview as you and I are obviously not talking about the same thing. You are not responding to any pertinent points I have made and that laddie is simply exposing your obvious lack of experience. <-- you may want to look up that word too.


Must I dumb my grammar down for you and use smaller words, it does appear you are battling to follow what I am saying?

Usually a wise man knows when he has been handed his backside to him on a silver platter.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-24-2011, 03:35 PM
 
1,429 posts, read 2,033,703 times
Reputation: 1890
Quote:
Originally Posted by KnightShadow View Post
I spoke thinking these things were known and already a part of Your Worldview. I see now it isn't and it would be cruel for Me to continue. I have no right to upset Your world, otherwise I would be doing what was done to the kid.

So I'll not add anything more. I didn't realize it was causing distress until this very moment. I do NOT have a right to introduce information that would cause a radical change or instability to Your world. Damn, I didn't know and so am sorry I spoke.
Wait wait wait! I'm curious now -

please introduce information that would drastically change my world view. The only thing I ask is:

1. Please use clear and valid reasoning.
2. Please don't redefine already defined terms.
3. Everything you give must be testable and reproducible.
4. If you have the support of peer reviewed journals, all the better.
5. Please keep it within actual science, not like MysticPH who confused metaphysics with science.

All eyes are on you.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-24-2011, 03:40 PM
 
Location: Ontario, Canada
2,705 posts, read 2,508,191 times
Reputation: 833
Quote:
Originally Posted by steffan View Post
I was just wondering about what defines an athiest
Easy. The definition of "atheist" is subject to whatever atheists need it to be for whatever purpose. It can change. It can stretch and bend. If atheism needs to include a belief in the supernatural, so it will be. And the semantic games can go on and on.

Disingenuous!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-24-2011, 03:43 PM
 
1,022 posts, read 11,312,962 times
Reputation: 2926
No no no it's going against My personal beliefs to do so. I am so so so sorry and just didn't know. Man, now I DO feel bad. *sighs*

You never ever introduce anything that is damaging to another's world view because you can't take responsibility for the consequences of the effect such an action will have on that person. People spend a lifetime getting themselves together in the world and functional only to have someone knock their world apart? F! I just didn't know...

G-dammit. Let Me take My azz off...Peace Guys and I'm sorry. Shi%
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-24-2011, 04:00 PM
 
1,429 posts, read 2,033,703 times
Reputation: 1890
Quote:
Originally Posted by KnightShadow View Post
No no no it's going against My personal beliefs to do so. I am so so so sorry and just didn't know. Man, now I DO feel bad. *sighs*

You never ever introduce anything that is damaging to another's world view because you can't take responsibility for the consequences of the effect such an action will have on that person. People spend a lifetime getting themselves together in the world and functional only to have someone knock their world apart? F! I just didn't know...

G-dammit. Let Me take My azz off...Peace Guys and I'm sorry. Shi%

Seriously?

I think you've been talking to Children a little too much...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-24-2011, 04:07 PM
 
Location: South Africa
5,563 posts, read 6,152,489 times
Reputation: 1785
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheEarthBeneathMe View Post
Seriously?

I think you've been talking to Children a little too much...

He thinks he hurt our feelings
Check out his profile, this is a confused young man.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-24-2011, 04:12 PM
 
1,022 posts, read 11,312,962 times
Reputation: 2926
Sorry that I even thought that...and here I was about to give you information to restore My mistake. THAT would have been a mistake.

Yes it is best for you to think I was cornered. That will restore you and gives You a feeling of awe, Thank gawd! ROFL

I'll give you 1 instead of 10. whew...Thanks for the sarcastism. I don't feel guilty anymore! ROFL

The boy who knew too much: a child prodigy

You don't need to know where the children are cloistered...or in what countries or foundations. But a child prodigy have to go somewhere...whew.

Sometimes you can be your own worse enemy not respecting the beliefs of another. It just hurt you and what CAN be shared with you as to information. So just 1. Enjoy... LOL THat was My belief and had You been smarter, You would have realized how You could have used it for Your own aims. Good...we all are victims at times of Our own beliefs. I now know Yours and that won't ever happen again.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-24-2011, 04:33 PM
 
Location: South Africa
5,563 posts, read 6,152,489 times
Reputation: 1785
Quote:
Originally Posted by KnightShadow View Post
Sorry that I even thought that...and here I was about to give you information to restore My mistake. THAT would have been a mistake.

Yes it is best for you to think I was cornered. That will restore you and gives You a feeling of awe, Thank gawd! ROFL

I'll give you 1 instead of 10. whew...Thanks for the sarcastism.(sic) I don't feel guilty anymore! ROFL

The boy who knew too much: a child prodigy

You don't need to know where the children are cloistered...or in what countries or foundations. But a child prodigy have to go somewhere...whew.

Sometimes you can be your own worse (sic) enemy not respecting the beliefs of another. It just hurt (sic) you and what CAN be shared with you as to information. So just 1. Enjoy... LOL THat was My belief and had You been smarter,
(I am smarter than you)
Quote:
You would have realized how You could have used it for Your own aims.
(Now what would that be Oh yes, we wants to takes over teh wurlde)
Quote:
Good...we all are victims at times of Our own beliefs. I now know Yours and that won't ever happen again.
The only victim of his beliefs is you.

Oh you my want to look up what (sic) means.

Thank you for derailing a perfectly good thread.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top