Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-24-2016, 06:06 PM

28,432 posts, read 11,587,667 times

Advertisements

false hope brings real strenght.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-24-2016, 07:35 PM

32,516 posts, read 37,189,293 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffbase40 View Post
Starving children are usually the result of evil men who hoard the food.
An absurd claim.

Starvation has a variety of causes including poverty, war, drought and food distribution. Things you would know if you stopped pulling stuff out of your nether regions and did some research.

Last edited by DewDropInn; 04-24-2016 at 07:52 PM..

Old 04-24-2016, 10:33 PM

10,087 posts, read 5,737,956 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cupper3 View Post
How can one hate an imaginary entity, critter, being, person, or whatever one envisions that one doesn't even have any belief in?

I bet you don't hate Zeus, Ra, Vishnu, Mazda, Quetzalcoatl, or a plethora of other imaginary gods, do you?
I don't invest hours of my day creating rants against Zeus or Ra either. I don't think of extremely negative ways to describe the writings of Zeus either.

Old 04-24-2016, 11:02 PM

11,024 posts, read 5,991,147 times
Quote:
I don't invest hours of my day creating rants against Zeus or Ra either. I don't think of extremely negative ways to describe the writings of Zeus either.
Do you even know the writings of Zeus?

We do know the writings of the bible and we know the workings of fundamentalists and extremists. I have a religious family and they can be a pain at times. Otherwise they are fine people. So what if my brother believes the earth is six thousand years old? Well, it is a bit odd.

Old 04-25-2016, 12:01 AM

16,155 posts, read 12,862,986 times
Quote:
Why should God have to clean up all our messes?
Because, according to you, he can...and if one is able to alleviate the suffering of others then one does. It is what we mere mortals do. How much easier would it be for an allegedly omnimax deity?

Quote:
I don't invest hours of my day creating rants against Zeus or Ra either.
It's no different to people who spend hours of their day trying to find a cure for cancer when they don't have cancer.

Old 04-25-2016, 12:40 AM

11,024 posts, read 5,991,147 times
Quote:
Why should God have to clean up all our messes?
Because ultimately, he is responsible. Besides that, is he not a compassionate God and all that? Well, obviously not. So why would anyone want to 'give their lives' to this God? Why worship him. Why praise him? Now if your God did step in and fix all theses messes, then yes, by all means praise him. BUT HE HASN'T DONE ANYTHING!

Why do Christians commit suicide? They are God's children after all. Why did God not answer the prayers of the mother of my son?

This God of your's either doesn't care a **** or he doesn't exist.

Old 04-25-2016, 04:22 AM

50,088 posts, read 20,731,784 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arach Angle View Post
false hope brings real strenght.
Drugs bring false absence of pain. But the more you rely o it, the harder it is to manage without. The religious line is that of Bung's (the Wizard of Id sot) on how to avoid hangovers - don't sober up. It would be nice to be able to point to a decrease of suicide to match the increase in irreligion, but it seems the stats don't bear that out.

It is a handy bit of data to use in the 'we need religion - true or not' argument. Mind, there could be false correlation there. This 'increase in atheism= increase in suicide' line supported by apparent suicide increase has been around for a while, so is either a real trend (for whatever reason) or is the way the data is used.

Stats is not my thing, but I may have to check up. So often data is misused by the religious apologists.

Old 04-25-2016, 05:14 AM

5,438 posts, read 5,946,602 times
Quote:
I know. What an obsession these people have toward a fantasy... Fact is, they have hatred toward God and thus hate themselves and their children -- and all of humanity too.

Old 04-25-2016, 05:21 AM

50,088 posts, read 20,731,784 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by scgraham View Post
I know. What an obsession these people have toward a fantasy... Fact is, they have hatred toward God and thus hate themselves and their children -- and all of humanity too.
Now...that's one of those that could well be an ironic spoof where someone forgot to add the smiley.
Quote:
If you couldn't get elected unless you made a declaration of faith in Zeus part of your spiel, or you had your rights taken away unless you were in a relationship with a young male student or army colleague, you might.

Old 04-25-2016, 05:24 AM

5,438 posts, read 5,946,602 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cupper3 View Post
And now we know the etymology of 'apologist' comes from, or rather why.

It comes from someone who needs to make excuses for an imaginary critter that he/she thinks it the cause of everything.
This comes from someone who hates his children and all of humanity too. Truly repulsive.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality