Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-24-2016, 04:54 PM

5,438 posts, read 5,943,161 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 303Guy View Post
You've just shot yourself in the foot. God is allowing that child's (and millions others) suffering. That is the bottom line. Don't go making excuses for God and blaming man. The buck stops here!

But if you had said God has nothing to do with it and it is the bad nature of man, then I would agree with you. You can't have it both ways. Either God create man and all evil or God didn't. If God did then God is solely responsible for that child's suffering! If not then God has nothing to do with creation or anything else. Godlessness has nothing to do with it.
God made everything, including the ability to choose. God made a swamp full of alligators, but you have enough sense to choose not to go swimming don't you? Your choice. Life or death -- but don't blame God for your decision.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-24-2016, 05:00 PM

9,345 posts, read 4,322,927 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by scgraham View Post
Why do the godless hate their children? The would rather defy God than to help their children, now that's hate.
And evidence for any of this? If people do not believe in a god how are they defying yours any more than you are defying all the other gods. According to the stats there is twice the percentage of people to whom god is important in usa than in Canada and yet the suicide rate in Canada is quite a bit lower. Don't take the OP as proven fact or that any correlation was established.

Old 04-24-2016, 05:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 303Guy View Post
Stop blaming God and the godless. The godless are not defying god. By the way, do you know where that photo was taken? It's from the African near east where there are famines caused by the religious strife going on there. That tragedy is not being caused by the godless, it is being caused by the God fearing! In God's name!
Your hatred toward God is evident, and that means you really hate humanity because sin equals death. It's a law of nature, like gravity.

Also, religion has nothing to do with God, but a contrite and obedient heart do. So, you speak without knowledge, thus making your statements ridiculous and without any merit.

Old 04-24-2016, 05:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by badlander View Post
And evidence for any of this? If people do not believe in a god how are they defying yours any more than you are defying all the other gods. According to the stats there is twice the percentage of people to whom god is important in usa than in Canada and yet the suicide rate in Canada is quite a bit lower. Don't take the OP as proven fact or that any correlation was established.
You people keep on spewing this drivel, and the calamities keep on coming too. Life or death, the choice is yours.

Old 04-24-2016, 05:13 PM

11,025 posts, read 5,982,960 times
Quote:
Your hatred toward God is evident, and that means you really hate humanity because sin equals death. It's a law of nature, like gravity.

Also, religion has nothing to do with God, but a contrite and obedient heart do. So, you speak without knowledge, thus making your statements ridiculous and without any merit.
OK then, explain the merit of your above statement. How about this one, "religion has nothing to do with God" or this one, "and that means you really hate humanity because sin equals death. It's a law of nature, like gravity."

Sin equals death!? Huh!

I'll tell what does equal death - life. If you have life then you have death. It's a natural consequence of life.

By the way, what sin did a tree ever commit? Trees die too!

So to quote you; "You speak without knowledge, thus making your statements ridiculous and without any merit."

Old 04-24-2016, 05:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by badlander View Post
And evidence for any of this? If people do not believe in a god how are they defying yours any more than you are defying all the other gods. According to the stats there is twice the percentage of people to whom god is important in USA than in Canada and yet the suicide rate in Canada is quite a bit lower. Don't take the OP as proven fact or that any correlation was established.
Quote:
You people keep on spewing this drivel, and the calamities keep on coming too. Life or death, the choice is yours.
What does the calamities have to do with what badlander has posted?

You say it is drivel? OK then, provide the evidence or links to the evidence. Or if it's your own conclusion then explain to us how you arrived at such a conclusion.

Last edited by 303Guy; 04-24-2016 at 05:30 PM..

Old 04-24-2016, 05:19 PM

10,202 posts, read 7,919,895 times
Quote:
That poor child is suffering because of all the godless people in the world, despite your futile attempt to blame God. God made it clear:

Deuteronomy 30

[15] See, I have set before thee this day life and good, and death and evil;
[16] In that I command thee this day to love the LORD thy God, to walk in his ways, and to keep his commandments and his statutes and his judgments, that thou mayest live and multiply: and the LORD thy God shall bless thee in the land whither thou goest to possess it.
[17] But if thine heart turn away, so that thou wilt not hear, but shalt be drawn away, and worship other gods, and serve them;
[18] I denounce unto you this day, that ye shall surely perish, and that ye shall not prolong your days upon the land, whither thou passest over Jordan to go to possess it.
[19] I call heaven and earth to record this day against you, that I have set before you life and death, blessing and cursing: therefore choose life, that both thou and thy seed may live:
[20] That thou mayest love the LORD thy God, and that thou mayest obey his voice, and that thou mayest cleave unto him: for he is thy life, and the length of thy days: that thou mayest dwell in the land which the LORD sware unto thy fathers, to Abraham, to Isaac, and to Jacob, to give them.
And now we know the etymology of 'apologist' comes from, or rather why.

It comes from someone who needs to make excuses for an imaginary critter that he/she thinks it the cause of everything.

Old 04-24-2016, 05:22 PM

10,202 posts, read 7,919,895 times
Quote:

How can one hate an imaginary entity, critter, being, person, or whatever one envisions that one doesn't even have any belief in?

I bet you don't hate Zeus, Ra, Vishnu, Mazda, Quetzalcoatl, or a plethora of other imaginary gods, do you?

Old 04-24-2016, 05:24 PM

1,450 posts, read 1,208,918 times
I cannot see how any modern people can believe in what primitive people had believed before pants were worn? When I think about how many younger people think they have a better understanding of morality than people had fifty years ago, it seems contradictory to take persons seriously who hold to beliefs from ancient cultures?

Old 04-24-2016, 05:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cupper3 View Post
How can one hate an imaginary entity, critter, being, person, or whatever one envisions that one doesn't even have any belief in?

I bet you don't hate Zeus, Ra, Vishnu, Mazda, Quetzalcoatl, or a plethora of other imaginary gods, do you?
I don't hate Mazda. I drive one!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality