Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-25-2016, 08:21 AM

5,912 posts, read 2,601,910 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by southernbored View Post
Why would I have a book of bad fairy tales? I have read your "Holy Book", and at the tender age of 8, I was able to tell it was BS. Too bad you guys can't grow up and see that as well. Don't get me wrong though, I have read your Bible, and found it seriously lacking, and seriously flawed. There are more errors than not. Why would I fully adhere to that junk book?

Do you fully adhere to it? Do you stone non virgins? Do you treat your slaves how the Bible wants you to? If you have a daughter, will you sell her to me for some goats?

Get out of here with that mess. You are just another in a long line of ignorant religious fanatics. I do not hate your God any more than I hate Zeus or Krishna. I do not believe in your idea of God. What I have disdain for, are the people like you, who want your God to rule over all men, women, and children. I have disdain for the like of you, who think you should get special privilege for believing in an imaginary friend. I have disdain for bigotry and ignorance.

No, I don't hate your God, as he is not real. I do, however, have no respect for those like yourself.
Bravo!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

10,086 posts, read 5,729,602 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rafius View Post
You need help pal. If your god came down and plunged a dagger in your heart just for the fun of it, you would still gasp your last breath apologising for 'making him do it'. What a sad case of indoctrination you present.

Since God would never do this, your comments are pointless.

16,661 posts, read 15,654,903 times
There was a story about the rise in suicide rates on NECN this morning.

Suicide Rates in U.S. on the Rise | NECN

Religion wasn't even mentioned, although the doctor did note that the rate was gone up 200% for girls aged 10-14 (school bullying was speculated as a possible cause) and has actually dropped for black males. Are black males more religious than other segments of the population?

Old 04-25-2016, 08:31 AM

21,088 posts, read 29,206,191 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffbase40 View Post
What proof do you have that gittb would not do this?

"But God said to him, 'You fool! This very night your life will be demanded from you. Then who will get what you have prepared for yourself?'

------------------------Luke 12:20

gittb has TAKEN and REQUIRED many lives. UPON DEMAND...

Last edited by zthatzmanz28; 04-25-2016 at 08:48 AM..

Old 04-25-2016, 08:34 AM

6,961 posts, read 4,612,415 times
I think Jeff, and people like Jeff, should take personal responsibility for the increase.

He has failed to bring "religion" to others. Their job is to spread the word. Men with financial and emotional issues who take their own lives have been failed by Jeff and his compatriots.

Young children who are bullied, have been failed by Jeff. Jeff does not stop the bullies with the word of God.
Jeff wastes his time with LGBTQ issues here when he could be saving lives.

Jeff gets a failing grade on suicide.

Old 04-25-2016, 08:57 AM

16,155 posts, read 12,850,754 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by southernbored View Post
Yea, it must be sad living a life where you think you are worthless without your god of choice. Living a life where you NEED a god to make yourself feel special. I am glad I saw through that mess early on in life, as it has allowed me to live a much fuller life up to this point.
Yes. It's how religion works. Instil into everyone that they will never be anything other that a miserable worthless sinner whilst at the same time demanding that they be more like 'Jesus'....which of course they can't do...because they are miserable, worthless sinners and thus drive them into an ever decreasing circle of self-hate and self-rejection.... until they arrive at the point where they feel that they can't survive without having a supernatural entity to help them through the miserable, sinful life that they have convinced themselves that they lead.

Old 04-25-2016, 09:02 AM

Quote:
Why not. According to you he has killed billions and has every right to do so. What makes you think you won't be next?

Old 04-25-2016, 09:05 AM

12,169 posts, read 17,640,761 times
Quote:
Your god is capable of anything, and he kills people all the time, right? You are a sinner and you are not immune to god's destructive ways. You can come up with tons of excuses defending god's wrath, but when it comes to senseless deaths/natural disasters, everyone is fair game. Your odds of your demise are the same as nonbelievers. Perfect example, tornadic activity is expected in the Mid West today, do you think your god will only take out evil doers?

Old 04-25-2016, 09:22 AM

10,086 posts, read 5,729,602 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RonkonkomaNative View Post
I think Jeff, and people like Jeff, should take personal responsibility for the increase.

He has failed to bring "religion" to others. Their job is to spread the word. Men with financial and emotional issues who take their own lives have been failed by Jeff and his compatriots.

Young children who are bullied, have been failed by Jeff. Jeff does not stop the bullies with the word of God.
Jeff wastes his time with LGBTQ issues here when he could be saving lives.

Jeff gets a failing grade on suicide.
Well if your side hadnt worked to gut out every trace of religion from public schools, maybe we wouldn't see this. I'm glad I was part of a generation where people didn't throw a fit because a coach wanted to say a prayer of encouragement for his team.

Old 04-25-2016, 09:29 AM

Quote:
Well if your side hadnt worked to gut out every trace of religion from public schools, maybe we wouldn't see this.
Would you be happy to see Hinduism, Islam, Zoroastrianism, Jainism and Shintoism in public schools alongside Christianity?

Quote:
I'm glad I was part of a generation where people didn't throw a fit because a coach wanted to say a prayer of encouragement for his team.
...and if the coach was a Muslim or a Hindu?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality