Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-16-2008, 10:36 PM

3,770 posts, read 10,578,987 times

Advertisements

A non-believer or agnostic could have God come to them from out of the clouds and whisk them up to Heaven for a glimpse and back down to Earth and they still wouldn't believe in Him,because belief and love for the Saviour first and foremost has to come from the heart.

Old 11-16-2008, 10:45 PM

8,831 posts, read 11,626,646 times
You all keep looking for humans to provide you with proof, and it can't happen. God is Spiritual and Holy, and He cannot be in the same realm as sinners, which is what we all are. Jesus bridged that gap so we could have a relationship with God, if we just accept the free gift of salvation through his death on the cross.

I cannot answer all of the why does He allow this or that, and neither can anyone else. All I know is that when you experience God through faith, you know He is about love. He is not a monster or some distant being that has no compassion for His creation.

He's had a plan for this earth and it's inhabitants since before Adam, so it really is futile to dwell on these things and blame God for everything. There is another force at work here, and he is actually all around us. He is the prince of the air, ruler of the darkness and the earth and it's HIS fault there is sin and evil in the world, not God's.

What ILNC is saying is that God came to earth in the form of a human named Jesus Christ. They didn't believe Him then, and if He were to come to earth again it would be the same result.

Ever heard of the Bible story of Lazarus and the rich man? Not believing in the Bible or God I would assume not, but it shows that there is no amount of "proof" that is good enough for the unbeliever. And that's very tragic.

Just in case someone would like to read about it, Jesus tells the parable in Luke 16:19-31.

Old 11-16-2008, 10:46 PM

33,554 posts, read 37,155,629 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by noland123 View Post
A non-believer or agnostic could have God come to them from out of the clouds and whisk them up to Heaven for a glimpse and back down to Earth and they still wouldn't believe in Him,because belief and love for the Saviour first and foremost has to come from the heart.
You are dead wrong there...That would be evidence, and of course I'd believe if that happened.

Old 11-16-2008, 10:49 PM

Speak for yourself DOL....I'm no sinner.

Old 11-16-2008, 11:07 PM

8,831 posts, read 11,626,646 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanspeur View Post
Speak for yourself DOL....I'm no sinner.
Uh, yes, you are. We all are as a result of what happened in the garden of Eden.

That's why you need to repent of your sins and ask Jesus into your life, because He died for those sins...everyone's sins. There's nothing we can do on our own to be saved except through the blood of Jesus Christ.

The wages of sin is death(Romans 6:23), and we are all scheduled to die once. Those who do not accept Christ will die a second death, which is hell.

Proverbs 14:9
"Fools mock at making amends for sin, but goodwill is found among the upright".

Proverbs 14:12
"There is a way that seems right to a man, but in the end it leads to death."

Romans 3:23
"For all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God."

Old 11-16-2008, 11:10 PM

61,288 posts, read 87,449,435 times
fear and suffering are wonderful teachers. camp pendleton has been using it for years. works great.

Old 11-16-2008, 11:42 PM

I am a sinner only in your mind DOL. My conscience is clear, because I am not saddled with your fears or beliefs.

Old 11-17-2008, 01:01 AM

4,049 posts, read 5,033,551 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DayoftheLord View Post
You all keep looking for humans to provide you with proof, and it can't happen...
Then I can't believe what humans tell me about something none of us can possibly know about.

When a person comes to you claiming they know for a fact that some stories about magical fantastical feats actually happened, and yet they conflict with what we know about the natural world, is it so unreasonable to ask for a bit of proof?

Old 11-17-2008, 06:21 AM

6,712 posts, read 13,463,034 times
Quote:
Uh, yes, you are. We all are as a result of what happened in the garden of Eden.

That's why you need to repent of your sins and ask Jesus into your life, because He died for those sins...everyone's sins. There's nothing we can do on our own to be saved except through the blood of Jesus Christ.

The wages of sin is death(Romans 6:23), and we are all scheduled to die once. Those who do not accept Christ will die a second death, which is hell.

Proverbs 14:9
"Fools mock at making amends for sin, but goodwill is found among the upright".

Proverbs 14:12
"There is a way that seems right to a man, but in the end it leads to death."

Romans 3:23
"For all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God."
You know, this is one of those things that I really can't stand. I don't know what it is about so many religious people and why they feel it necessary to run you through the ringer of guilt trips to try and get you to believe. The word 'sinner' has such an ugly connotation with it as if we are inherently evil and horrible people that really actually need saving. You know what I find disgusting is that if your God is so petty, parsimonious, and nit-picky that he's going to consider every slight infraction against his ever growing list of particularly stupid rules and legislations, than he sounds like a terrible monster not a God of love.

I fail to see how something so full of 'love' could actually be sitting there jotting down all of these ridiculously stupid things that you've done in your life so he can play it back to you upon your death to show you just how awful you've been.

The appeal to emotional guilt to imply that I'm obviously guilty of something and that I need some sort of salvation or 'fixing' is inherently disgusting to me. Let me give you a piece of advice. Telling me that I am a 'sinner' or inferring that I am a horrible person while trying to convince me that your God is this wonderful magnificent God of love is about as useful as licking a lepers' wounds would be to one's health.

Instead of constantly telling me how bad we humans are, how much we have sinned, how we're all going to pay for eternity for the things we did or didn't do in our lives, and all of this other nonsensical garbage that your petty, numinous terrorist of the heavens is running around judging people on, why don't you explain to us what 'love' is instead of what judgment is?

Last edited by GCSTroop; 11-17-2008 at 06:36 AM..

Old 11-17-2008, 07:19 AM

3,032 posts, read 8,922,963 times
Quote:
You all keep looking for humans to provide you with proof, and it can't happen. God is Spiritual and Holy, and He cannot be in the same realm as sinners,
You all keep telling us that god can do anything, and now you say he can't be in the "same realm" with us. So which is it?

Quote:
...so it really is futile to dwell on these things and blame God for everything. There is another force at work here, and he is actually all around us. He is the prince of the air, ruler of the darkness and the earth and it's HIS fault there is sin and evil in the world, not God's.
Can't blame something that doesn't exist. Oh, and your Satan...he doesn't exist either, but if god and Satan DID exist, remember that god created Satan, and Satan was flawed and evil...so that means god isn't infallible or perfect. Ergo, he's not god.

Quote:
but it shows that there is no amount of "proof" that is good enough for the unbeliever. And that's very tragic.
What's tragic is that you can't see that we are perfectly good and happy people without the gruesome fantasy that is your religion, and we're tired of xtians trying to convert us. It gets very old.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality