Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-17-2008, 09:45 AM

3,032 posts, read 8,922,963 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by DayoftheLord View Post

That explains why you're here belittling and arguing with Christians, right?

You notice that this thread is not in the Christianity forum. Because of that, I'll say things here that out of respect and politeness I wouldn't say in your own forum. If you didn't want honesty from us, you shouldn't ask the questions whose answers you KNOW will annoy/bother/distress you.

As far as my own reasons for discourse with religious-minded people -- I find both religions and different philosophies to be very interesting. I like learning and discussing what other people believe. It's when they get pushy about it that we start pushing back, and that's exactly why I almost never venture into your Christianity forum -- respect for your beliefs. However, when you come out here...well, it's a different story and I am quite happy to tell it like it is.

Old 11-17-2008, 09:48 AM

Location: In the North Idaho woods, still surrounded by terriers
2,179 posts, read 7,021,882 times
Quote:
I have a headache and I'm going to say this and leave it at that for a while because when I have a headache I may say things that will get me infractions.

Sherry is right---you are all here of your own accord and you choose to participate. No one is forcing your hand. Do you think that we (Christians) don't ALSO get sick of hearing such blasphemy and terrible things said about our precious God who we love so much? But yet we press on, because we care about YOU and we are obeying God.

It makes me very sad to read things like what Ringweilder said, and I don't buy it for a minute. The conscience that God gave us is to be listened to and heeded, not thrown out with the trash when the going gets too tough. It's SO MUCH EASIER to live in sin, than to live a Godly life. No rules, no one to be accountable to, just sin, sin, sin. But of course, you're all fabulous people and aren't sinners and don't need a pretend god.

Peace out, I need to go read my Bible.

Hmmm...no one said that non-Christians are without conscience or are running around sinning all day long. In fact, most of the non-Christians I know are extremely good, decent people who rely on their own consciences to rule their daily lives.

I don't think it is easier to live in Sin than to live a "godly life". Christians feel they can sin, make mistakes, do bad things and then beg forgiveness from God and so not have to be responsible anymore. Non-Christians are well-aware that they will suffer the consequences of their actions, good or bad, without a god to save them from their own damage. It is probably far more difficult to live as a non-Christian because we are accountable for our own actions. Period.

Old 11-17-2008, 09:49 AM

33,559 posts, read 37,160,046 times
Quote:
I have a headache and I'm going to say this and leave it at that for a while because when I have a headache I may say things that will get me infractions.

Sherry is right---you are all here of your own accord and you choose to participate. No one is forcing your hand. Do you think that we (Christians) don't ALSO get sick of hearing such blasphemy and terrible things said about our precious God who we love so much? But yet we press on, because we care about YOU and we are obeying God.

It makes me very sad to read things like what Ringweilder said, and I don't buy it for a minute. The conscience that God gave us is to be listened to and heeded, not thrown out with the trash when the going gets too tough. It's SO MUCH EASIER to live in sin, than to live a Godly life. No rules, no one to be accountable to, just sin, sin, sin. But of course, you're all fabulous people and aren't sinners and don't need a pretend god.

For pete's sake you started this thread and asked the question. Too darn bad if you don't like the answers. Did you expect all of us unbelievers to fall down on our knees and repent after you call us sinners and consign us to hell...We are NOT living in sin anymore than Christians are.

If our answers don't make you feel all warm and fuzzy, perhaps you should preach to the converted.

Old 11-17-2008, 09:51 AM

3,412 posts, read 10,173,959 times
Quote:
It's SO MUCH EASIER to live in sin, than to live a Godly life. No rules, no one to be accountable to, just sin, sin, sin. But of course, you're all fabulous people and aren't sinners and don't need a pretend god.

You need to take it easy my friend, go read your bible, come back, and we talk some more.

As far as no rules, all sin sin sin and no one to be accountable for, well, how about believing in yourself for a change, be a man and be accountable for your own actions? Is it too much to ask of a human being? I guess the problem here is you are weak individual and you can't possibly hold yourself accountable for anything you do in your life. You are so lost and confused that you need some creature in the sky to guide you.

I really feel sorry for you.

Old 11-17-2008, 10:15 AM

5,160 posts, read 9,175,629 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sherryturner View Post
All of you who have posted your thought against God
You can't be against something you don't believe in.
Quote:
I wonder why you are so angry.
Can you see emotions through an internet connection? No? Didn't think so.
Quote:
You are the ones who chose to be a part of this religious post. No one forced your hand to be here.
Your point being?
Quote:
You must be looking for something.
You wish.

Old 11-17-2008, 10:20 AM

3,872 posts, read 8,714,092 times
Quote:
Sherry is right---you are all here of your own accord and you choose to participate. No one is forcing your hand.
I look at it as you having invited us into your house for dinner and then getting mad at us when you find out we won't renounce our vegetarianism to eat meat at your table.

**analogy only. I love meat.**

Old 11-17-2008, 10:23 AM

852 posts, read 1,365,998 times
I just have a question. Do any of you have dreams that come true? Just curious as to what you attribute them to. This is a real question. Not one meant to be angry at. I'd really like to know what your thinking is.

Old 11-17-2008, 10:25 AM

3,872 posts, read 8,714,092 times
Quote:
I just have a question. Do any of you have dreams that come true? Just curious as to what you attribute them to. This is a real question. Not one meant to be angry at. I'd really like to know what your thinking is.
deja vu

no wait. magical fairies.

Last edited by NicoleJ; 11-17-2008 at 10:37 AM..

Old 11-17-2008, 10:26 AM

6,712 posts, read 13,463,935 times
Quote:
Dreams as in sleeping dreams or dreams as in hopes and aspirations?

Old 11-17-2008, 10:26 AM

3,032 posts, read 8,922,963 times
Quote:
Yes, my dreams come true because I work my ass off to achieve them, I don't waste time sitting around praying and hoping that some sky-fairy will bestow them upon me.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality