Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-17-2008, 11:10 AM

8,831 posts, read 11,618,313 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanspeur View Post
For pete's sake you started this thread and asked the question. Too darn bad if you don't like the answers. Did you expect all of us unbelievers to fall down on our knees and repent after you call us sinners and consign us to hell...We are NOT living in sin anymore than Christians are.

If our answers don't make you feel all warm and fuzzy, perhaps you should preach to the converted.
See my two previous posts.

Old 11-17-2008, 11:16 AM

[quote]
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShepsMom View Post
how about believing in yourself for a change, be a man and be accountable for your own actions?
LOL!!! That would be really difficult, since I'm a woman. I'm accountable to myself through God.
Quote:
Is it too much to ask of a human being? I guess the problem here is you are weak individual and you can't possibly hold yourself accountable for anything you do in your life. You are so lost and confused that you need some creature in the sky to guide you.
Hmmm....insults. Now there's a new twist. I'm weak individual because I believe in God? I'm saved, not lost.
Quote:
I really feel sorry for you.
Ditto.

Old 11-17-2008, 11:16 AM

33,521 posts, read 37,121,123 times
Well I'll say it again..There is absolutely no evidence that any god or gods have ever existed, so I don't know how you can say there is when you know that is not true. You have faith, that's all, nothing more.

You ask..."Am I really saved?" my response...Saved from what?

Old 11-17-2008, 11:32 AM

[quote]
Quote:
Well I'll say it again..There is absolutely no evidence that any god or gods have ever existed, so I don't know how you can say there is when you know that is not true. You have faith, that's all, nothing more.
There is evidence!! How can you logically explain our individuality and our complicated inner and outer workings as humans, nature, the sky, the sun, the moon, flowers, leaves, trees, bees, honey, pollen, (I could go on and on) without believing that our Creator God isn't real?

There's nothing that explains it, nothing. Not evolution, darwinism, big bangs...none of those ridiculous "theories" explain ALL of creation. Then there's others personal experiences, miracles, and the truth of the Bible as it has predicted hundreds of prophecies that have come true and are still coming true as we speak.

Quote:
You ask..."Am I really saved?" my response...Saved from what?
No that was in reference to the remark that Christians still sin, which they do. I was speaking of those claiming to be Christians and if their salvation is real if they keep sinning repeatedly. You're not saved, so that didn't apply to you. But you need to be. Saved from hellfire through the blood of Jesus Christ, that's what it means.

Old 11-17-2008, 11:32 AM

3,032 posts, read 8,918,134 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DayoftheLord View Post

Yes, it's not in the Christianity forum for a reason. You participate there also, because I've seen you do it. Respect? Please.
At least I make an attempt. Some people find offense in anything though.

Quote:
Right, Christians must stay in their own little corner.
Where did I say that? Don't put words into my mouth. I said that the standards HERE are more lenient than they would be in your own forum, and as such I will say more HERE than I would THERE. Yes, I very infrequently participate there, when I feel I have something applicable to say. You (the generic "you") should be glad that we come in there at all, since it gives you yet one more chance to redeem us from our hell-bound heathenistic baby-sacrificing ways.

Quote:
And that corner's perimeter can be penetrated from the outside everyday and all day long, but don't let a Christian dare step outside that perimeter. I have just as much right to be here as you do. I'm quite happy to tell it like it is also.
Again, where did I say that? I have never EVER said that you don't have as much "right" to be here as anyone else; I'm not that narrow-minded. Christians are able and willing to come into the atheistic forum too, we're glad to have you as long as you follow the rules. We LIKE intelligent discussion, even if it's about things we don't agree upon.

Now...as far as you claiming to tell it like it is...maybe you do, and maybe you don't. But one thing you do NOT do is take the answers like an adult. YOU ASKED, we answered. Now you're getting all huffy because you don't like the answers. So I reiterate, if you don't want to hear an honest answer because it will fluff your feathers the wrong way, then DON'T ASK. Of course, if you stop posting then you'll unwittingly remove a lot of random humor from my day.

Old 11-17-2008, 11:43 AM

33,521 posts, read 37,121,123 times
[quote=DayoftheLord;6195840]
Quote:

There is evidence!! How can you logically explain our individuality and our complicated inner and outer workings as humans, nature, the sky, the sun, the moon, flowers, leaves, trees, bees, honey, pollen, (I could go on and on) without believing that our Creator God isn't real?

There's nothing that explains it, nothing. Not evolution, darwinism, big bangs...none of those ridiculous "theories" explain ALL of creation. Then there's others personal experiences, miracles, and the truth of the Bible as it has predicted hundreds of prophecies that have come true and are still coming true as we speak.

No that was in reference to the remark that Christians still sin, which they do. I was speaking of those claiming to be Christians and if their salvation is real if they keep sinning repeatedly. You're not saved, so that didn't apply to you. But you need to be. Saved from hellfire through the blood of Jesus Christ, that's what it means.
I see no evidence of a higher power in any of these things..It is just the nature of things. I did expect the hellfire threat although it is meaningless to me.

Old 11-17-2008, 11:50 AM

3,032 posts, read 8,918,134 times
[quote=sanspeur;6196003]
Quote:
Originally Posted by DayoftheLord View Post

I see no evidence of a higher power in any of these things..It is just the nature of things. I did expect the hellfire threat although it is meaningless to me.
Right on. I'd see more of a chance of a "higher power" if everything WASN'T different.

Old 11-17-2008, 11:54 AM

[quote=SuSuSushi;6195844]
Quote:
Where did I say that? Don't put words into my mouth. I said that the standards HERE are more lenient than they would be in your own forum, and as such I will say more HERE than I would THERE. Yes, I very infrequently participate there, when I feel I have something applicable to say. You (the generic "you") should be glad that we come in there at all, since it gives you yet one more chance to redeem us from our hell-bound heathenistic baby-sacrificing ways.
You implied it, you would have taken it the same way. Yes, we are glad to have you as well, and like you said.....as long as you follow the rules. It just appears that most unbelievers come there to taunt, not to have legitimate discussions. And LOL baby-sacrificing?
Quote:
Again, where did I say that? I have never EVER said that you don't have as much "right" to be here as anyone else; I'm not that narrow-minded. Christians are able and willing to come into the atheistic forum too, we're glad to have you as long as you follow the rules. We LIKE intelligent discussion, even if it's about things we don't agree upon.
Once again, implied. I think I've been in the atheist forum twice, to participate in the "scary Mrs. Palin" thread. Not to taunt.
Quote:
Now...as far as you claiming to tell it like it is...maybe you do, and maybe you don't. But one thing you do NOT do is take the answers like an adult. YOU ASKED, we answered. Now you're getting all huffy because you don't like the answers. So I reiterate, if you don't want to hear an honest answer because it will fluff your feathers the wrong way, then DON'T ASK. Of course, if you stop posting then you'll unwittingly remove a lot of random humor from my day.
I do tell it like it is, sort of my downfall in life. I take the replies and answers as they come, and they don't come nicely. I respond like an adult because I am one, you just don't like my responses. So, I don't agree with what you say and you don't agree with what I say, but somehow it's okay for you to respond however you see fit and when I do the same, I'm an infant?

Come on, you don't know me anymore than I know you and we can't see each others emotions. I'm not angry, just get exasperated and my mo is sarcasm. You can't see sarcasm most of the time. And a lot of times it goes straight over peoples' heads and is miscontrued as anger. Do I ever get angry? Of course, and so do you. My anger presents itself at injustices, not word battles. God is serious to me, but I'm not without a twisted sense of humor and sarcasm. Sometimes I don't want to talk about religion, believe or not.

And since you find humor in my posts, that has just spurred me on.

Old 11-17-2008, 11:55 AM

3,412 posts, read 10,167,793 times
[quote=DayoftheLord;6195640]
Quote:

LOL!!! That would be really difficult, since I'm a woman. I'm accountable to myself through God.
Well darn it. Be a woman and be accountable! Is that better?

You did say it however: "No rules, no one to be accountable to, just sin, sin, sin." I'm guessing you are counting on god and not yourself.

Quote:
Hmmm....insults. Now there's a new twist. I'm weak individual because I believe in God? I'm saved, not lost.
No insults, i didn't mean specificlly you, that was more of a question then anything.

Old 11-17-2008, 11:57 AM

[quote=SuSuSushi;6196122]
Quote:

Right on. I'd see more of a chance of a "higher power" if everything WASN'T different.
Uh, could you correct your post, please? I didn't say this, Sanspeur did. Can't have that kind of confusion, don't want to be accused of flip-flopping.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality