Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-05-2009, 03:44 PM

11,155 posts, read 15,709,999 times

Advertisements

How do you refute the fact that no scientific journal has accepted the "evidence" of intelligent design / creationism?

I am actually fully in favor of exploring all avenues of intellectual pursuit, and if someday evidence emerges I would hope the scientific community would be open enough to recognize it. But, to date, none of the research has passed scientific muster.

What have you to say of that fact?

Old 05-05-2009, 03:45 PM

4,440 posts, read 9,071,818 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RobinD69 View Post
So you are all saying that unless he participated in a school you approve of he is not credible? So you are all reputable scientists then? You do realize that he brings in plenty of scientists who agree or even disagree with his discoveries dont you? Well I guess since yall are all so much smarter than those who actually get their hands dirty then there is no discussion with any of you. I told you you would not accept my evidence because you are too closedminded, well I was there a few years back until I actually looked into all the evidence and opened my mind.
Its not whether I approve of it. Nobody approves of it. Its not accredited.. anywhere by any accrediting entity.

Thats.. kind of a big deal.

Old 05-05-2009, 03:45 PM

8,762 posts, read 11,576,037 times
Quote:
So you are all saying that unless he participated in a school you approve of he is not credible? So you are all reputable scientists then? You do realize that he brings in plenty of scientists who agree or even disagree with his discoveries dont you? Well I guess since yall are all so much smarter than those who actually get their hands dirty then there is no discussion with any of you. I told you you would not accept my evidence because you are too closedminded, well I was there a few years back until I actually looked into all the evidence and opened my mind.
Except YOU did not provide any evidence.

If you are going to take a stance, SUPPORT IT. Dont point to some website. You were so dead set on "Everyone elses religion is wrong. Creationism is true! Science proves it!"

Well PROVE IT.

Talking about stones and whatever you posted to me, does not prove anything. You are so dead set on it so go on. Show me the proof.

Old 05-05-2009, 03:48 PM

6,712 posts, read 13,462,266 times
Quote:
Well, no, Robin... You see... It's just the fact that when I go to their web site, they have such a unique way of putting everything...

As a matter of fact, Robin. I tell you what... Because you're such a nice guy, I'm going to e-mail Pacific International University and inquire about their Degree Program. I'll let you know what their response is. Hopefully, I'll be a Doctorate in just a short while!!!

http://www.pacinteruniversity.net/Programs.htm

Old 05-05-2009, 03:54 PM

4,213 posts, read 5,837,291 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Theliberalvoice View Post
Except YOU did not provide any evidence.

If you are going to take a stance, SUPPORT IT. Dont point to some website. You were so dead set on "Everyone elses religion is wrong. Creationism is true! Science proves it!"

Well PROVE IT.

Talking about stones and whatever you posted to me, does not prove anything. You are so dead set on it so go on. Show me the proof.
Actually what I posted does prove creation, you just cant see it.

Explain how a tortoise can be coalified and still remain a tortiose. What about a cup? How about a hammer? You know things that supposedly did not exist when coal started to form. What about a tree, standing verticle with parts coalified and other parts petrified, and even others became sandstone and clay.

Look at the sedimentery deposites around the world. Look at granite. If Carl Baugh was not credible, he would not still be around.

Old 05-05-2009, 03:54 PM

11,155 posts, read 15,709,999 times
I've never seen a university put samples of their diplomas online. "Look honey! It looks so real!"

Robin69 - still no answer to the following:

How do you refute the fact that no scientific journal has accepted the "evidence" of intelligent design / creationism?

I am actually fully in favor of exploring all avenues of intellectual pursuit, and if someday evidence emerges I would hope the scientific community would be open enough to recognize it. But, to date, none of the research has passed scientific muster.

What have you to say of that fact?

Old 05-05-2009, 03:58 PM

455 posts, read 1,018,515 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GCSTroop View Post
Well, no, Robin... You see... It's just the fact that when I go to their web site, they have such a unique way of putting everything...

As a matter of fact, Robin. I tell you what... Because you're such a nice guy, I'm going to e-mail Pacific International University and inquire about their Degree Program. I'll let you know what their response is. Hopefully, I'll be a Doctorate in just a short while!!!

Programs
Wow, that is a legitimate university. Aside from the fact that that school is not even accredited, the "school's" website looks like it was designed by an 8 year old.

Robin, here's a link from the U.S. Department of Education on diploma mills and accreditation: Diploma Mills and Accreditation

Pacific International University is, by definition, a diploma mill.

Old 05-05-2009, 03:59 PM

Quote:
Act If Carl Baugh was not credible, he would not still be around.
around what?

being an idiot doesn't prevent someone from existing..

I mean I'm here..

HEYYYY OHHHHHHHHHHH

Old 05-05-2009, 04:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rickmahorn View Post
Wow, that is a legitimate university. Aside from the fact that that school is not even accredited, the "school's" website looks like it was designed by an 8 year old.

Robin, here's a link from the U.S. Department of Education on diploma mills and accreditation: Diploma Mills and Accreditation

Pacific International University is, by definition, a diploma mill.
rick rick rick..

don't you know that the government labeling it a diploma mill is just part of the conspiracy to keep Carl Baugh down?

but.. you can't stop man tracks.. you can only hope to contain man tracks.

Old 05-05-2009, 04:05 PM

2,529 posts, read 4,352,589 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Theliberalvoice View Post
Do you support teaching other religions theories on how we got to Earth as well?

Or no? Why or why not? If not, what makes your theory of Creationism more valid than other religions?

In my mind, if they begin to teach Creationism of Christianity, they should also teach all other religions theories too. All religions are equal. If one gets the pass, all the others should as well.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ulnevrwalkalone View Post
public school is a government entity, separation of church and state. If you want your kids to hear about creationism then I feel the kids should be sent to a religious affiliated school. Its not like I can go into a church and demand they discuss evolution.
I want to say first that I have not read all the posts, so if this has already been said, I apologize.

I was a substitute teacher for years. One day while teaching, the subject was evolution.

I think if evolution is going to be taught, then so should creationism. Otherwise neither should not be taught.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality