Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-18-2009, 10:47 AM

9,616 posts, read 12,923,337 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Campbell34 View Post
Ok, the Bible tells us the Ark was at least 400 and some feet long made of wood, and filled with cages for animals, at it landed on Mt. Ararat.

Now thousands of years later we find a ship on Mt. Ararat that is over 400 feet long made of wood with cages inside.

WHAT? WAIT!!! WE HAVE? "THIS JUST IN?: GPS numbers reveal startling new ARK-ist TRUTHS!!..."

We have NOT found a ship on Ararat, made of wood with cages inside. You ARE a POE-bot. Now confirmed for all to see. Incapable of accepting any rebuttals of your position, you just re-iterate them endlessly. Despite proofs to the contrary. Wow.

We've found a geological structure, X-Ray fluoresed and found to be limestone/basalt, and typical of many such outcroppings, in the area. No petrified wood, no cages. No ship conveniently parked there. Your delusional mind "grows" things there.

Even your hero Stephen did not ever say they'd found a wooden boat with cages, and others who have attended this location since then have found NO SUCH THING. I pointed out his vast assumptions back a few posts; you ignored them. He stated things that were unsupported and unstateable. That didn't stop him; you guys perhaps attended the same schrewl?

The cages? Some kindergarten-quality photo retouches show cage assumptions, but based on the worst quality photos anyone's EVER seen supporting ANYTHING. Even the photos of Bigfoot are superb compared to your "photo proofs".

You're sadly funny, Tom.

You really really are delusional.

Should we then ignore the Biblical account only because some don't believe in it. I mean really, how many 400 foot ships have been found on Mt. Ararat?

So far, NONE, actually.

Should we conclude that there are so many ships sitting up there, that we can't really relate this ship to the Biblical account? I used the world (IF). Yet others say hands down, we saw the Ark of Noah up close, with cages inside on Mt. Ararat. It's not a question of going round and round, it's a question of what obviously is, based on strong evidence.
Versus the other evidence by others, that say otherwise. Rocks. No wood. No boat. No Ark. Nada.

Couple that growing evidence base with the dismal quality of your evidence. You ARE right, Tom: what should we conclude?

Old 10-18-2009, 10:54 AM

16,294 posts, read 28,543,062 times
Quote:
Well, you better tell that to the scientists who are now recovering the remains of Noahs Ark on Mt. Ararat. LOL

Bridges For Peace - Historic Discovery: Remnants of Noah’s Ark Found (http://www.bridgesforpeace.com/modules.php?name=News&file=article&sid=4438 - broken link)
I see that our LOL 'neener neener neener' mentality is still in force.

But did you happen to note the dates? Wood was found in a cave over two years ago, and that is the newest proof you can find. I suspect that nothing paned out and their delusions held no water in the light of facts.

Old 10-18-2009, 10:56 AM

Default It's RIGHT THERE! Can't you SEE it?"

Quote:
Originally Posted by AREQUIPA View Post

This site probably renders further comment pointless.
BSMRA: Noah's Ark and Mt. Ararat Investigations
Folks... you just gotta go and look at this site, especially scrolling down to the photos!

Exactly. We can see how these photos "prove" whatever the analyst wants them to prove. Again, I'm pretty sure this is a photo of a lost white Nissan Cube:

http://img.motorpasion.com/galleries..._Concept-2.jpg

Sheesh.

Old 10-18-2009, 10:59 AM

1,317 posts, read 2,056,462 times
Quote:
Don't you recall what Ed Davis stated from so many years ago? He told us, that back in 1943 the people from the village took him to a cave where they kept the Artifacts that had fallen from the Ark after it broke in two. This story only helps confirm the Ed Davis account. This is most likely the same cave Ed Davis was in back in 1943. And it appears, this cave still had one of the larger petrified artifacts still in it.
No I don't remember or care to either, your "witnesses" claims are all rather dubious. You still have not answered the question.

HOW DOES WOOD PETRIFY IN A CAVE?

Quote:
Ed Davis stated. "Abas says they have a cave filled with artifacts that came from the ark. They find them strewn in a canyon below the ark, collect them to keep from outsiders who, they think, would profane them. It's all sacred to them. That night, they show me the artifacts. Oil lamps, clay vats, old style tools, things like that. I see a cage-like door, maybe thirty by forty inches, made of woven branches. It's hard as stone, looks petrified. It has a hand-carved lock or latch on it. I could even see the wood grain."
It appears that Ed Davis was speaking out of the wrong bodily orifice. Petrification of wood just does not happen if you leave it in a cave, more likely it wood rot (pun intended)

Only illiterate and gullible folk would take such a testimony as truth.

If there was petrified wood, it would be from way back when, when that cave was at a lower altitude and possibly in a position where the wood would petrify. That said, you do of course know this mountain is an extinct volcano?

Old 10-18-2009, 11:06 AM

7,628 posts, read 10,974,269 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MontanaGuy View Post
Campbell34 wrote:

I see you haven't responded to my question regarding your claim that artifacts from Noah's ark were sent to the Smithsonian. Could you back up that claim with some information from the Smithsonian itself as opposed to some crackpot website? After the hundreds of posts we've had about Noah's ark on this forum I would have thought hard evidence at the Smithsonian would have been the first thing you'd mention.
It was David Duckworth who experience that event. He was a young student volunteer who worked in the paleontology section of the Smithsonian Institution in Washington DC, back in 1968. It would be a waste of time to go to the Smithsonian to confirm that claim. According to Rene Noorbergen who was a veteran news reporter back then. A source close to him stated, that in a high-level meeting in Washington, the NG/SI decided not to relaese, but bury all the evidence found on Ararat.
David Duckworth has spoken of this many times over the years and his story has never changed.
His account can be found on the link below.

http://epistle.us/articles/noah.html

However, new hard evidence has now come to us from the years 2006 and 2007. And this evidence helps confirm the Ed Davis cave account, and ark sighting. Consider link below.

http://www.bridgesforpeace.com/modules.php?name=News&file=article&sid=4438 (broken link)

Old 10-18-2009, 11:08 AM

50,088 posts, read 20,744,698 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rifleman View Post
Folks... you just gotta go and look at this site, especially scrolling down to the photos!

Exactly. We can see how these photos "prove" whatever the analyst wants them to prove. Again, I'm pretty sure this is a photo of a lost white Nissan Cube:

http://img.motorpasion.com/galleries..._Concept-2.jpg

Sheesh.
I'm sure that I came across a Wiki entry that said Arslan's photos were faked. I have to say they LOOK faked with a detailed insert that looks frankly like a cut - out of the ice - wall where the snow or avalanche had fallen away and put it over something with some detail - photo of a circuit - board for all I know - and reproduced it so blurred that no -one can be sure and these herberts could let theor imaginations run wild.

As it is, they are equating these blobs with the rounded corners of the Ark whereas Campbell's Ark has split in two and this ought to be the broken interior cross- section we are looking at.

Noted that the Smithsonian does not confirm getting any Arke-facts. Duckworth explains that as a cover -up.

"More important, later in 1989, Dr. Ahmet Arslan, a skeptical Turkish guide, climbed up to Stephen's coordinates on Mt. Ararat and unexpectedly saw, from a distance of ca. 1,200', the end of a huge, geometric structure protruding out of the snow. Although close detail is hard to see in Arslan's photograph (printed in Corbin's book, p. 138) because the black hull blends in with dark shadow, the structure clearly has a peaked roof, with gently sloping sides." (Wiki)

Fakes?

"In 1970 an Armenian, Georgie Hagopian, claimed to have visited the Ark twice around 1908/1910 (1902 in another version) with his uncle. Hagopian claimed that he had climbed up onto the Ark and walked along its roof, and that many of his young friends had also claimed to have seen it. The online archive of the old USENET newsgroup talk.origins[22] notes that "[t]he apparent ease of getting to the ark conflicts with the accounts of other explorers,"[23] details given by Hagopian, including the size of his Ark and disposition of openings, conflict both with other reports and with the account given in the Book of Genesis. The exact size is not known, only the proportions. A cubit was from the elbow to tip of the finger, and not an exact length." (Wiki)

Ok, Possible 'conflicts'. National geographic expedition?

"The choice of expedition leader—a Turkish academic named Ahmet Ali Arslan, who claims to have climbed Mount Ararat 50 times in 40 years—also raised a red flag with those familiar with previous expeditions.

(Neither McGivern nor Arslan responded to requests by National Geographic News for interviews for this story.)

Arslan was involved in a 1993 documentary, aired on CBS television, which claimed to have found the ark. Some of the evidence presented in that documentary turned out to be a hoax, raising concerns about Arslan's testimony."

http://news.nationalgeographic.com/n...noahs_ark.html

Well it doesn't look as though they know anything about it. Another cover - up?

Last edited by TRANSPONDER; 10-18-2009 at 11:24 AM..

Old 10-18-2009, 11:12 AM

33,559 posts, read 37,160,046 times
Quote:
It was David Duckworth who experience that event. He was a young student volunteer who worked in the paleontology section of the Smithsonian Institution in Washington DC, back in 1968. It would be a waste of time to go to the Smithsonian to confirm that claim. According to Rene Noorbergen who was a veteran news reporter back then. A source close to him stated, that in a high-level meeting in Washington, the NG/SI decided not to relaese, but bury all the evidence found on Ararat.
David Duckworth has spoken of this many times over the years and his story has never changed.
His account can be found on the link below.

Searching for Noah's Ark by Bruce L. Gerig
Bury the evidence and keep it secret huh? Darn that Washington, they do the same thing with all the UFO and alien evidence, not to mention all that sasquatch stuff....If you believe that Campbell, I have some land in Florida for sale...

Old 10-18-2009, 11:22 AM

justme: both Tom and YSM are completely scientifically illiterate. They believe ANYTHING that lying pseudo-scientists say as long as it supports their theories abut any literal interpretation.

1. As of this morning's post by C34, we now have a complete wooden Ark, now no longer in two pieces, BTW, found, officially, on Ararat. No scientific verification, no credible University acknowledgement, no photos, no lab work. Just the statement that samples are going back to some private place to bed examined.

2. As you point out, wood does not fossilize in the open air, or even when submerged in water, unless that water is heavily mineralized, unlike the rapidly flowing melt water in Ararat. It certainly does not fossilize laying in the open on the floor of a cave, so our deliriously wishful WW-II pilot Ed was speculating through his hat on this one.

3. C34 believes it all outright, without even the slightest question. He NEVER questions ANYTHING..Ssome moron says "wood cages" or "petrified cage doors" and it's the God's Truth, on the spot.

4. Give us an accredited remote-ssensing analyst's statement that so far no images or analysis from Ararat provides any evidence of an ancient Ark structure, and it's COMPLETELY IGNORED.

5. Tom conflates the conditions inside a rail stock car with how all the animals were held in the Ark for 6 months on a storm-wracked sea. Phunny.

6. There are 30+ million animal species COUNTED on this planet now. The estimate is that there's easily another 60+M as yet undiscoverd. Let's take only half of the likely 100M number, 50 M TYPES, add in the necessary minimum average number required to start a new population, 20 animals (10 male, 10 female; not enough, but who's being real here...), and we have one thousand million animals on the Ark. That's one billion of the walk-around, swim around, crawl- and flutter-around types. Not to even mention the bacteria, creepy crawlies, etc.

Is that possible, even in tightly packed railcars, Tom? Tell me where my numbers, which are VERY conservative (and doom about 30M+ types right from the git-go) ar so terribly wrong.

You won't answer, of course, because this kills your Ark theory on the spot.

So... back to the basement with you. Hide. Hide. Be very much afraid.

Beliefs of Convenience: Tom's specialty

No wonder the Church can make so much money off these dunces! Especially the ones who WILL NOT ANSWER SIMPLE QUESTIONS. Their unquestioning intransigent obedience is amazing!

(nothing to be proud of though... ignorance never is.)

Old 10-18-2009, 11:22 AM

7,915 posts, read 18,630,095 times
Campbell34 wrote:
Quote:
I see that the article states that even the FBI was in on this coverup. Why in the world would this need to be covered up in the first place? This is yet another example of a conspiracy in which no evidence can be produced because the authorities have not allowed it to be revealed to the public. This is what is commonly referred to as a tall tale.

Old 10-18-2009, 11:25 AM

7,628 posts, read 10,974,269 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by justme58 View Post
No I don't remember or care to either, your "witnesses" claims are all rather dubious. You still have not answered the question.

HOW DOES WOOD PETRIFY IN A CAVE?

It appears that Ed Davis was speaking out of the wrong bodily orifice. Petrification of wood just does not happen if you leave it in a cave, more likely it wood rot (pun intended)

Only illiterate and gullible folk would take such a testimony as truth.

If there was petrified wood, it would be from way back when, when that cave was at a lower altitude and possibly in a position where the wood would petrify. That said, you do of course know this mountain is an extinct volcano?
The artifacts in question were already petrified. And they put the already petrified artifacts in the cave.
And just two summers ago of 2007, sceintists found more petrified artifacts in the cave.
Why would you call someone an illiterate or gullible for believing a story, that scientists and researchers are now confirming?

Bridges For Peace - Historic Discovery: Remnants of Noah’s Ark Found (http://www.bridgesforpeace.com/modules.php?name=News&file=article&sid=4438 - broken link)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality