Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-07-2007, 09:03 AM

198 posts, read 910,503 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Art R View Post
I notice that most of the religious replies here say something to the effect that “we are here to do Gods’ work” or “live our life the way Jesus would want” or perhaps some reason from the Bible.

I would like to know from those that posted that type of reply what they think of the few billion that either don’t believe in God or never heard of God? Why did God do such a poor job of getting the word around the world? If he wanted us to do his work, why did he miss so many people? I would venture a guess that it has only been in the last few hundred years or so that a lot of people even heard of Christianity.

According to what I found on the Internet, the most populous nation on the earth, China, did not have a Bible until the 19th century? Was God unable to find China? How are people suppose to do God’s work if they don’t know what that work is? How can they live a life for Jesus when they never heard of the guy?

I understand that Hinduism has been around longer than Christianity. Why didn’t God specifically target those believers and have a Bible in Hindu issued? Why should they be condemned to hell because God didn’t do his job?

To answer your question...because God truly requires NOTHING from us. He IS us. We ARE him. He has enabled us to have everything we need to live in a paradise here on earth. We are taught that we are seperate from him and that there is something we need to do to get back into his graces. There isnt a need to spread a literal word that is already within. Easter philisophy does not teach seperation or superiority. It teaches from the aspect that we are all Gods, made in his image, as it is stated in the Bible. Easter philosophy looks at the value and good in ALL teachers (Jesus, Buddha, Ghandi, etc) and towards living spiritually in tune with self and aware of our greatness. This is why this existed prior to Christianity. Christianity has taken Jesus's teachings and his memory and twisted it to fit a mold. It teaches we are seperate. It uses blame outside the self (Satan) for the ills that WE have created. It teaches dependence on salvations, rituals, beliefs..all meant to confuse and hold the believer and never let them know the 'secret' (if you will) of their own greatness. Jesus knew this and showed this and for it he was killed. He was too great to go unnoticed, so his being, presences and miracles were twisted to fit the early church. Differences led to denominations. After all, those in power could never let man know their own greatness. We are all deities, spiritual beings in body, mind and spirit. Read other books outside the bible on the accounts of Jesus. The Jesus you will read of there is more of a mystic, more like Buddha who didnt want fame, recognition and glory. Had it not been for his miracles he would have been quietly killed and forgotten but they knew he was on to something.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-07-2007, 09:05 AM

30,902 posts, read 33,013,051 times
I read an interesting theory somewhere. It ties in with reincarnation, but don't anybody be scared. I thought it was kind of a different take. It was: God created us, as pieces of his spirit but obviously not the whole spirit, so that *he* could grow. He wanted all these experiences so he put out bits of himself into bodies onto earth. These parts (we) grow, experience, change, mature and go back to the source.

Old 06-07-2007, 09:07 AM

3,434 posts, read 9,746,330 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Teach07 View Post
To answer your question...because God truly requires NOTHING from us. He IS us. We ARE him. He has enabled us to have everything we need to live in a paradise here on earth. We are taught that we are seperate from him and that there is something we need to do to get back into his graces. There isnt a need to spread a literal word that is already within. Easter philisophy does not teach seperation or superiority. It teaches from the aspect that we are all Gods, made in his image, as it is stated in the Bible. Easter philosophy looks at the value and good in ALL teachers (Jesus, Buddha, Ghandi, etc) and towards living spiritually in tune with self and aware of our greatness. This is why this existed prior to Christianity. Christianity has taken Jesus's teachings and his memory and twisted it to fit a mold. It teaches we are seperate. It uses blame outside the self (Satan) for the ills that WE have created. It teaches dependence on salvations, rituals, beliefs..all meant to confuse and hold the believer and never let them know the 'secret' (if you will) of their own greatness. Jesus knew this and showed this and for it he was killed. He was too great to go unnoticed, so his being, presences and miracles were twisted to fit the early church. Differences led to denominations. After all, those in power could never let man know their own greatness. We are all deities, spiritual beings in body, mind and spirit. Read other books outside the bible on the accounts of Jesus. The Jesus you will read of there is more of a mystic, more like Buddha who didnt want fame, recognition and glory. Had it not been for his miracles he would have been quietly killed and forgotten but they knew he was on to something.
Teach, what religion do you follow?

Old 06-07-2007, 09:25 AM

4,139 posts, read 11,493,300 times
Oh, shoot. I don't know how to paste everything that you said here. I am not that computer savy....sorry.

I just meant in my "warped" phrase that many people on this board seem to think that if they just ask God that he has to give them exactly what they want when the Bible is very clear that we need to seek Him and His will first. The answer may not be what we expect. You may have a burden for something you never thought you would. I can't explain that to non-Christians because it doesn't make sense to them. But to those who are seeking right relationship (growing in the Lord, seeking to know Him better through scripture, prayer and fellowhip with other believers) He will reveal himself to us.

I didn't mean to pry with your particular situation. It was just a reflexive question really, but since you opened up, I really do think you need to seek some Godly counsel from a Godly person.

BibleGateway.com - Passage*Lookup: John 3;

The ultimate "plan" of Jesus is that we follow Him and have eternal life. I guess what I meant by happiness is that most people seek happiness when I think the ultimate goal in life is to follow Jesus. I thought you were saying you weren't happy. If that isn't the case, I apologize for not understanding what you were saying.

Ultimately a message board isn't the place to solve the meaning to life. You will get 100 different opinions from believers and non-believers. If you want Godly wisdom you need to seek it from Godly sources.

I really pray that you will find a church that can help you alone and some counsel that will allow you to work though some of this and find God's best for you.

Dawn

Quote:
Originally Posted by WCRob View Post
I'm not going to type or cut and paste all the tags, so I'll just respond in blue.

Old 06-07-2007, 09:34 AM

The fact that many have chosen to not follow the God of the Bible doesn't make it not true. You don't believe it. That is fine. There is probably nothing I can say on a message board to make you believe otherwise.

But God IS in China and many other places where Christianity isn't the main religion. I was just in China last year fellowshiping with other Christians.

We are not forced to believe in God. That is the benefit of God allowing us free choice. Jesus was killed because he was rejected by many.

It IS our job as Christians to share Christ. Are there places where His word has not been spread? Yes. I wonder how many more God is calling to missions who don't heed the call.

Dawn

Quote:
I notice that most of the religious replies here say something to the effect that “we are here to do Gods’ work” or “live our life the way Jesus would want” or perhaps some reason from the Bible.

I would like to know from those that posted that type of reply what they think of the few billion that either don’t believe in God or never heard of God? Why did God do such a poor job of getting the word around the world? If he wanted us to do his work, why did he miss so many people? I would venture a guess that it has only been in the last few hundred years or so that a lot of people even heard of Christianity.

According to what I found on the Internet, the most populous nation on the earth, China, did not have a Bible until the 19th century? Was God unable to find China? How are people suppose to do God’s work if they don’t know what that work is? How can they live a life for Jesus when they never heard of the guy?

I understand that Hinduism has been around longer than Christianity. Why didn’t God specifically target those believers and have a Bible in Hindu issued? Why should they be condemned to hell because God didn’t do his job?

Old 06-07-2007, 09:55 AM

2,214 posts, read 5,580,151 times
Quote:

I'm sorry, Art- I would have responded if I'd seen this post earlier. Since I am one of those people, I'll respond:

The good news of God's Kingdom is actually being preached in over 90% of the earth so very few people are not familiar w/ Christianity. The bible is the most widely produced and translated book around so it isnt likely that there are many people who don't know of its existence.
Even in remote areas and villages, people have some sort of deity that they worship. It is my opinion that this is an inherent need for worship and so 'god', in some form, exists in most cultures. So even those ones are, in effect, living for their creator whether they're familiar w/ the bible or not.

Old 06-07-2007, 10:47 AM

13,163 posts, read 1,700,406 times
There are a couple of posts from people who believe they are gods ("deity"). (Or, did I misunderstand?)

I think this is man's arrogance. Just look around. We are superior? to what, whom? We were given a mandate to take care of this world. We don't even do that, unless there's money in it for us.

I am not a god, or deity, never will be, nor do I aspire to that. However, one day I will sit down at the marriage supper of the Lamb and will be able to behold Deity, and I look forward to that. Awesome thought.

Last edited by swbtoo; 06-07-2007 at 10:48 AM.. Reason: sp

Old 06-07-2007, 11:16 AM

13,163 posts, read 1,700,406 times
I'll ask the question again....where does it say in the Bible that He has a plan for everyone?

Jeremiah 29:11
For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future"

Does that settle it?

Last edited by swbtoo; 06-07-2007 at 11:24 AM.. Reason: line

Old 06-07-2007, 11:25 AM

3,434 posts, read 9,746,330 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by southward bound View Post
I'll ask the question again....where does it say in the Bible that He has a plan for everyone?

Jeremiah 29:11
For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future"

Does that settle it?
Wasnt he talking to the Jews in that statement? not arguing just a question

Old 06-07-2007, 11:34 AM

I think Jeremiah 29:11 has already been hashed a bit if you look at previous posts.

My main point in this was that the nature of God doesn't change. Matthew 6:33
"But seek ye first the kingdom of God, and his righteousness;
and all these things shall be added unto you."

pretty much the same thing but to all of us. If we know God and follow Him, then the plans will come.

Dawn
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality