Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-19-2010, 12:36 PM

2,884 posts, read 5,933,928 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by GldnRule View Post
You got a "better", "more fair" way than democracy?

Yes, but most people aren't ready to give up the visceral thrill of having the carp beaten out of their neighbors to assuage their latent inferiority complexes.

Old 05-19-2010, 12:47 PM

12,595 posts, read 6,657,729 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nea1 View Post
No they dont. Please show me your link that 90% of the world believes in your god. I cant find it anywhere.

Major Religions Ranked by Size

Brainwashing is very apparent I will give you that.
Your error is thinking only "religious" people believe in God. I'm not religious...but I believe in God. And it isn't "my" God....it's simply "God"

Here is the site I got my info from...I just used the first one:
What percent of the world's population believes in God | ChaCha Answers

You can nitpick a couple of percentage points...Bottom Line...Atheism is one of the LEAST held viewpoints...bottom of the heap. I know you'd like to label the facts as "brainwashing"...but just because you wish it was that way, doesn't make it so.

Old 05-19-2010, 12:49 PM

12,595 posts, read 6,657,729 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by scarmig View Post
Yes, but most people aren't ready to give up the visceral thrill of having the carp beaten out of their neighbors to assuage their latent inferiority complexes.
Do tell then.

Old 05-19-2010, 12:55 PM

9,986 posts, read 18,675,600 times
Quote:
Your error is thinking only "religious" people believe in God. I'm not religious...but I believe in God. And it isn't "my" God....it's simply "God"

You can nitpick a couple of percentage points...Bottom Line...Atheism is one of the LEAST held viewpoints...bottom of the heap. I know you'd like to label the facts as "brainwashing"...but just because you wish it was that way, doesn't make it so.

That site, ok lol!!!! Funny

Atheism is on the rise as more and more of the new science and discoveries are taught in the schools, it will keep getting stronger. More and more a less afraid to speak about their disbelief, see The god believers have this knack for persecuting and belittling those that don't think like them. And no it is your god, my husband follows their gods ( pagan) still to this day, so those are their gods, as yours is not the only god people follow. There is no FACTS in God, you may like to think so but sorry it just isn't true, no facts about your god exist.

Old 05-19-2010, 01:13 PM

2,884 posts, read 5,933,928 times
Quote:
Do tell then.
Other people are not your property.

Old 05-19-2010, 01:29 PM

16,294 posts, read 28,543,062 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eloy View Post
It is a pity... Having made the list and classification of Gods, it is possible to help a science.
Man's understanding of science supports itself with evidence and proven fact, it does not need my help. It can be duplicated in experiments, it can be observed, measured, quantified, and scientists try to disprove things, as if it can't it further confirms the accuracy. If every single person stopped "believing" in science, it wouldn't care, it would simply continue to create everything from amoeba to gargantuan galaxies, as it did for billions of years before any intelligentce even knew it was there.

Deities on the other hand would vanish into wisps of nothingness if everyone stopped believing, returning to where they were before they were invented by man, non-existent.

Early man did not have a clue as to why the sun came up every day, but he knew it warmed him, so he invented a god he believed controlled the sun. It also allowed him to alleviate the fear that the sun would not return, so he worshiped this recently invented god, in the hope the sun would always come back every day. These gods were born in fear from the lack of understanding of the science behind literally everything, and sadly fear remains today the true power of religion.

The list is just fact, sorry you can't see that.

Old 05-19-2010, 01:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nea1 View Post
No they dont. Please show me your link that 90% of the world believes in your god. I cant find it anywhere.

Major Religions Ranked by Size

Brainwashing is very apparent I will give you that.
It is a malady that most believers succumb to, if someone tells you something, and uses god or similar terms when doing so, <echo> it shall not be questioned </echo>but is to be believed without question.

The early brainwashing they received as children only guarantees that most will continue to suffer the malady as adults.

You were not supposed to question the 90%, nor should you ask about the followers of gods that want to kill followers of his god, in the my deity is better than your deity silly argument.

Old 05-19-2010, 01:45 PM

Quote:
You got a "better", "more fair" way than democracy?
Ever hear of the "separation of church and state"?

Old 05-19-2010, 01:50 PM

11,798 posts, read 25,196,822 times
Democracy should not result in a 'tyranny of the majority'.

Old 05-19-2010, 01:51 PM

Quote:

Really

I bet I can find one that confirms the moon is made of green cheese, but that is just some posted answer, completely factLESS posted by some clueless individual.

But I would be embarrassed to post such a link, as you should for your link.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality