Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Renting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-17-2016, 08:10 PM

13,931 posts, read 39,315,008 times

Advertisements

Most people Can pay their rent even if they bring home Less that 3x the rent.

How do you manage to get a rental if You don't make enough to pay the mortage?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-17-2016, 08:30 PM

2,382 posts, read 5,397,853 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katie1 View Post
So you live off the backs of others to Pay for your kids lessons... things the kids Don't need. Yet you tell your tenants to do with out.... Seems to me You LL needs another job so your kid can enjoy those lessons.
Guess what - my family just got back from a nice holiday weekend in Santa Barbara, in June we are renting a cabin in the Smokey Mountains for two weeks (just so my kid can see fireflies), then it's back (we were just there in December) to Hawaii for a month. My daughter has lessons for music, ballet , and karate. She did a two week "art camp" over spring break. yes, things she doesn't need. but things I want her to have, things I work into the budget even if it means I do without something I'd like. I don't see how I owe any sort of explanation to my tenants on what I spend my money on...

Likewise, I don't care what my tenants spend their money on - I just want them to hold to the terms they agree to when they signed the lease.

When I was a renter - I had landlords that were quite wealthy, I didn't see that as justification for not paying the rent. I did, however, use it as motivation to become a homeowner and later a landlord myself.

I don't work a 9 to 5 or whatever - but trust me , landlording is a job.

Old 04-17-2016, 08:44 PM
ptt

497 posts, read 637,740 times
Quote:
So you live off the backs of others to Pay for your kids lessons... things the kids Don't need. Yet you tell your tenants to do with out.... Seems to me You LL needs another job so your kid can enjoy those lessons.
I am doing a business not a charity. I will and can spend my money on whatever i want. if you do not like LL buy your own place.

Old 04-17-2016, 08:46 PM

LL are todays Slaves Masters! Leaching off the backs of hard working people.

Old 04-17-2016, 09:10 PM
jw2

2,028 posts, read 3,267,831 times
Quote:
Quote:
All you need to do is buy an apartment building and become a landlord yourself. Then you can become a greedy landlord leeching off the backs of hardworking people too!

Old 04-17-2016, 09:25 PM

When I had my own place the Bank didn't care what my income was as long as I paid the bill. But LL they all up in your business wanting too know what you spend your income on. then they tell you your kids don't need this don't need that What to Eat what not to eat! I borrowed money using my car the LL said Instead of buying something I Need I could pay more in rent! & told me to Sell the car & what I got for my Disability! All LL want to do is suck you dry. No thanks I don't want to become a Slumlord This place is falling apart they don't care. You must be the new owner cause all he does is brag about crap & trips he goes on. Paying the mortgage is about ALL he does.

Old 04-17-2016, 10:19 PM

15,546 posts, read 12,031,799 times
Quote:
When I had my own place the Bank didn't care what my income was as long as I paid the bill.
Of course they care. You wouldn't be able to go to your bank and ask for a $600,000 loan when you only make $30,000 a year.

Old 04-18-2016, 01:21 AM

1,898 posts, read 2,840,970 times
Quote:

Aren't you on section 8 housing and disabled? How is that working out for you and the greedy landlords? How much do you actually contribute to society? How does it feel to leach off the American taxpayers?

Old 04-18-2016, 01:58 AM

584 posts, read 1,936,880 times
Quote:
When I had my own place the Bank didn't care what my income was as long as I paid the bill. But LL they all up in your business wanting too know what you spend your income on. then they tell you your kids don't need this don't need that What to Eat what not to eat! I borrowed money using my car the LL said Instead of buying something I Need I could pay more in rent! & told me to Sell the car & what I got for my Disability! All LL want to do is suck you dry. No thanks I don't want to become a Slumlord This place is falling apart they don't care. You must be the new owner cause all he does is brag about crap & trips he goes on. Paying the mortgage is about ALL he does.
never had a ll tell me what to eat or how to spend my money. and if your behind in rent but can afford a new car payment but still can catch up on rent you should sleep in the car. not saying that it is you but have had a couple tenets in bulding i care for do it.

Old 04-18-2016, 02:00 AM

584 posts, read 1,936,880 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by reenzz View Post
Aren't you on section 8 housing and disabled? How is that working out for you and the greedy landlords? How much do you actually contribute to society? How does it feel to leach off the American taxpayers?
a disabled person is not a leach they are getting back what they paid for when the worked. people like don trump a leaches his nyc properties are tax deferred fo 40 more years and gets mor tx brakes than all of us,
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Renting