Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Renting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-18-2016, 11:28 AM

584 posts, read 1,936,880 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by reenzz View Post
Of course not and I never said that. SSI is funded by the federal government (taxpayers). I was simply pointing that out. Please don't put words in my mouth.

Also, many SSI recipients also receive food stamps that are also federally funded, so I doubt they would starve.
no words in your mouth i asked a question based on what you said
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-18-2016, 06:59 PM

13,931 posts, read 39,315,008 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by reenzz View Post
Of course not and I never said that. SSI is funded by the federal government (taxpayers). I was simply pointing that out. Please don't put words in my mouth.

Also, many SSI recipients also receive food stamps that are also federally funded, so I doubt they would starve.
Yep a Whole $16 a month... I really eat well off that
Now as of April 1st a Lot of people are loosing their SNAP

Old 04-18-2016, 07:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bakeneko View Post
Of course the bank cares - that's part of the underwriting of the loan. Income, assets, liabilities, credit history, etc.... well, that's the way it is now and should be.

I'm guessing if that was not your experience - you must have bought during the craziness that lead to the housing crisis.
Sorry to bust your bubble but No I didn't buy during the Crazies as you call them. Yes when I got my loan the bank asked for all that BUT they didn't have me Proof of income Every year like LL do. Seems to me you have a tenant Paying you On Time for a year when you renew you shouldn't have to be Nosy about income & where they spending their money.

Old 04-18-2016, 07:27 PM

10,181 posts, read 10,264,759 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katie1 View Post
LL are todays Slaves Masters! Leaching off the backs of hard working people.
No LL is a present day slave master that leeches off the back of their tenants' "hard work".

Tenants don't work for their landlords, they work to put a roof over their own head and sign a contract with a LL in order to have that roof put over their head.

Old 04-18-2016, 07:47 PM

1,898 posts, read 2,840,970 times
Quote:
Sorry to bust your bubble but No I didn't buy during the Crazies as you call them. Yes when I got my loan the bank asked for all that BUT they didn't have me Proof of income Every year like LL do. Seems to me you have a tenant Paying you On Time for a year when you renew you shouldn't have to be Nosy about income & where they spending their money.

As a landlord, it is my right to be "nosy" about my tenant ability to pay rent. I don't plan on handing my investment over to someone who plans to squat, skip out on rent or destroy the place. I want to know their social security numbers, their salary, where they work and prior landlord references. The day anyone tries to take that right away from me is the day I quit renting.

Also, if you are a section 8 tenant, you MUST re-certify with the state...not landlord..every year.

Old 04-18-2016, 07:53 PM

10,181 posts, read 10,264,759 times
Quote:
When the government is paying the majority of someone's rent?

That renter isn't entitled to the luxury of being left alone.

Old 04-18-2016, 10:01 PM

Not like the Mortgage Co going to raise your payment each year. Not like you putting money Back into the place or doing general upkeep. Gee every time LL come into this forum it my tenant wants this should I give it to him. Or hes 2 seconds behind in rent How quick can I put him out. 3 more long term tenants are planning to move ...cause the LL raising the rent again. Just because they got raises. These people are Not on Section 8

Last edited by Katie1; 04-18-2016 at 10:11 PM..

Old 04-18-2016, 10:19 PM

8,245 posts, read 3,500,710 times
Quote:
Yep a Whole $16 a month... I really eat well off that
Now as of April 1st a Lot of people are loosing their SNAP
I received $20/month while I was homeless. Didn't last long.

Old 04-18-2016, 10:22 PM

It sure don't. I feel for those that wont get help anymore they sure can use it.

Old 04-19-2016, 04:19 AM

10,746 posts, read 26,036,935 times
Quote:

Yrly income requirements only apply to govt housing, sec 8 and income based housing. You're more than welcome to get off of sec 8 and out of income based housing if you don't like the rules.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Renting