Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-30-2007, 04:29 PM

351 posts, read 1,584,785 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by daveleitt View Post
Yeah, we did nerdy stuff, all right, but as long as you got a laugh, that's all that really mattered, y'know?
And! As of RIGHT NOW, The Worst Show is on twice a week. Thursdays & Saturdays at Midnight, DIGITAL channel 20. Oh, and the previous post will describe just how YOU can end up with DVD(s) of your favorite TWShow junk... :-)

Take care!
dave
Hi Dave!

Glad to hear you are doing well and still doing the show. Do you remember eating at a place a few years back called "The Leon Springs Cafe?"
I could have sworn that was you I cooked for back in the early '90's.
Didn't ya'll use to hold jam sessions? I remember it looking like it was in the country.

Anyway, keep up the good work.

Later,

crazedchef

Old 05-30-2007, 10:23 PM

139 posts, read 504,354 times
More memories. Play Land Park. The Ride a Rama Days. They had a cool Miniature Golf Course. The Rocket Roller Coaster. It was wooden and shook all the time.
Another Great place for Miniature Golf Was Cool Crest. Skateland another good choice. I believe on Goliad Road. It wasn't to far from Burger Chef on SW Military Drive. We didn't have a pool. So a few trips to friends houses and Alamo Heights Swimming pool. The 10 meter Diving Tower. It was a bit far so a Member ship to The El Comedor was in order. . It was where the old Alligator Gardens were. The cross roads elude me now. South Flores and something maybe??? . Any body remember them. More to come. HHw

Old 05-31-2007, 12:00 PM

2 posts, read 8,805 times
Hi folks! Noob here to the forum... I'm a metal detectorist/coin hunter, and I've been doing some research on drive-in's in the San Antonio area...

I'm trying to find the exact location of the old Starlite, but in GoogleMap satellite view I can't seem to locate it... is there an actual physical address, or...

Anyway, thanks in advance for any info! Glad to be here!

Robert

Old 05-31-2007, 04:59 PM

29 posts, read 116,687 times
hmm wasent the Starlite Drive in on FM78??

Old 06-01-2007, 07:35 AM
cjw

125 posts, read 480,044 times
The Starlite drive-in that I know was on FM78 in Schertz. I saw that it was for sale a couple of years ago but I don't know if it's still there. I saw many a movie there.

Old 06-01-2007, 10:28 AM

21 posts, read 104,963 times
Part of the Starlite is indeed still there. The sign and the box office are clearly visible from the road (FM 78 near 3009).

Old 06-02-2007, 12:43 AM

898 posts, read 2,894,810 times
Hello everyone. what an awesome thread. I don't know if its been discussed but does anyone remember the "Pizza In" on the corner of Hillcrest and Bandera? it was next to a GW Jr's. as a kid I grew up in the westside off of 36th and Culebra, and I remember going to a little mom and pop grocery store in the late 70's called "Arturo's" off of Culebra and Loma Park, then a block from that was a larger grocery store called "Bud's Foodliner" I also remember in the late 80's going to La Feria on Marbach and loop 410 and buying those bright colored shorts, they were called Jammers..LOL
oh and remember when Corona beer T'shirts were in
style? I remember going with my parents to Albertsons grocery store on Bandera and loop 410, they sold Actual vinyl records, I begged my mom to buy me KISS's 1980 "Unmasked" record.

Old 06-02-2007, 10:13 AM

139 posts, read 504,354 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tony78201 View Post
Hello everyone. what an awesome thread. I don't know if its been discussed but does anyone remember the "Pizza In" on the corner of Hillcrest and Bandera? it was next to a GW Jr's. as a kid I grew up in the westside off of 36th and Culebra, and I remember going to a little mom and pop grocery store in the late 70's called "Arturo's" off of Culebra and Loma Park, then a block from that was a larger grocery store called "Bud's Foodliner" I also remember in the late 80's going to La Feria on Marbach and loop 410 and buying those bright colored shorts, they were called Jammers..LOL
oh and remember when Corona beer T'shirts were in
style? I remember going with my parents to Albertsons grocery store on Bandera and loop 410, they sold Actual vinyl records, I begged my mom to buy me KISS's 1980 "Unmasked" record.
I believe they had a Bud's Foodliner on Commercial too. We ate a Pizza Inn A bit. I know there was one on SW Military Drive right past the 35, but we ate at another, Closer to the Southeast side of town. The actual location eludes me. Maybe off of SW Military drive and Roosevelt.

Old 06-03-2007, 03:20 PM

2,359 posts, read 6,432,042 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Swingtime View Post
I remember both. I remember when Ninfa's was built, as we were living near Wurzbach & I-10 at the time. We went there a few times; the food was excellent!

I have to say my all-time favorite Mexican restaurant in San Antonio was La Fuente in North Star Mall. I was so sorry to see it go. Now my favorite is La Tortillita on FM78.
I remember the Ninfa's on Callaghan, great place. The Mario's downtown was awesome, spent many nights there for dinner, my dad was friends with the owners and we also got the VIP treatment.

Old 06-03-2007, 03:26 PM

2,359 posts, read 6,432,042 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by catriona View Post
We shopped at Globe almost as much as we shopped at the Fed-Mart down the road. Ditto for the Woolco until they built one at the corner of Fair Ave and I-37. Spent many hours in there shopping with my mom. When the Woolco had their big going out of business sale, my dad bought our first color TV -- a 19" RCA.

I didn't realize the old Sears store had closed. We went there almost every week so my dad could check out the tools. I used to hang out in the TV section and watch TV. There was also a Dillards on the other end of the shopping center, as well as a Luby's and I think there was a Hallmark card shop. Across the street, there used to be a Youngbloods's Cafeteria that made the best rolls. mmmmm...melt in your mouth, especially when you added some butter and honey! I think there was a shoe store in the same parking lot, and at one time there was a driver's license bureau or tax office, and I seem to remember a Jack in the Box there, too. Around the corner and down Pleasanton Road, there was an Orange Julius, but I don't know how far back in time that was. All I know is my mom thought they cost too much!

On to the 70's...

Does anyone remember the old Wonderland Fleamarket? I spent many weekends there when my parents went to sell antiques. Some of us other fleamarket kids would join up and go exploring the mall or play PacMan or other video games for 10 cents. Then we'd go up to the Sommer's Drug Store for a cherry coke!

Good memories!
I remember at the sears at Military and the one downtown they both had a great cafeteria. The popcorn and icee was awesome at the snack bar. I remember the Luby's, Walgreens, and Dillards there, and in the late 70's early eighties there was a Handy Andy in front of Dillards in the same shopping center.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio