Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-24-2010, 12:49 PM

129 posts, read 323,308 times

Advertisements

Things I hate about San Antonio..

I hate that I i love listening to the cicadas sing at night, from the balcony of my beautiful, CHEAP 3rd floor apartment.
I hate that I love going into an HEB, browsing through the isles and finding all sorts of interesting foods I've never seen before.
I hate that I love how easy it has been for me to get around without using a gps.
I hate that I love all the people here who have lived all over the world and know how to live with lots of different types of people.
I hate that I love the sunny skies and how excited I am to spend my first winter here.
I hate that I actually love the drivers here, they are SO much better than other places I live. I hate that when I take the highways I don't have to grip the steering wheel and worry about how I am going to avoid being hit.
I hate that I love that i am employed in a decent job, live in a very interesting city, have a really nice apartment that I can actually afford, and even look forward to winter.
YUP, I really hate San Antonio!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-24-2010, 10:38 PM

1,671 posts, read 3,842,002 times
I hate the Driver's who don't know how to properly Merge or Yield.

Old 07-25-2010, 10:31 AM

1,690 posts, read 3,617,967 times
The drivers here in San Antonio are the worst anywhere and that includes New York and New Jersey where I have lived.

Old 07-25-2010, 10:40 AM

2,216 posts, read 4,541,177 times
I hate that noone understands the phrase "excuse me" when you are trying to pass or go around when you are at the mall or HEB or the outlets.....Too many times I have had to say it three times getting louder each time. The other day at the outlets one lady actually scoffed at me. Seriously?

What do I love: There are many things but today I will only list one. Morgans Wonderland

Old 07-25-2010, 10:51 AM

1,220 posts, read 2,682,087 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zhugeliang1 View Post
The drivers here in San Antonio are the worst anywhere and that includes New York and New Jersey where I have lived.
yeah right.

Old 07-25-2010, 11:02 AM

4,422 posts, read 6,259,038 times
Actually, SA drivers are more careless than they are in the Northeast. Those pickup truck drivers think they own the road. That's why there are so m any accidents down here. Just turn on the news every night. So, that's one of the things I hate. I also hate the astronomical property tax rate (NEISD), and the lack of decent radio stations, and how education is not valued. It seems that none of these kids wants to go to a four year college. Those that do think they're special. Okay, enough on the hating. I love the weather (even when it's 100), the food, the relaxed lifestyle, the better-than-average economy, Southtown, and the beautiful Mexican culture.

Old 07-25-2010, 01:44 PM

1,131 posts, read 1,713,106 times
Default "Go Around Me If You Need To Pass......."

Quote:
Originally Posted by thenewtexan View Post
Those pickup truck drivers think they own the road.
Oh, not *all* pick-up drivers think that they own the road.....some actually always stay in the middle lane, do not speed, rarely get mad, and do not tailgate.......

Old 07-25-2010, 01:48 PM

1,690 posts, read 3,617,967 times
Hate how pick up drivers don't tie down their loads and spill out furniture all over 410.

Old 07-25-2010, 01:49 PM

2,155 posts, read 4,581,708 times
Some of the worst drivers I've ever met are up north. Especially in Ohio. They rush you and they go absolutely NOWHERE. I don't get it. They aren't going anywhere and tailgate you, honk at you, and give you the finger if you didn't gun it at the green light.

Old 07-25-2010, 02:08 PM

1,131 posts, read 1,713,106 times
Default "@*$%#&+!"

Quote:
Originally Posted by mamatotex97 View Post
I hate that noone understands the phrase "excuse me" when you are trying to pass or go around when you are at the mall or HEB or the outlets.....Too many times I have had to say it three times getting louder each time. The other day at the outlets one lady actually scoffed at me. Seriously?

What do I love: There are many things but today I will only list one. Morgans Wonderland
I was once watching a report on the news about how too many people here in town do not say "Thank You." too many times like when, say for example, you are {or maybe even make an effort to be} kind and polite enough to chivalrously-open and hold the door for someone {at a store, mall, wherever}. They do not even silently give you a thankful nod of acknowledgement.....

{a former boss of mine years ago once told me: "Don't expect things like that, then you won't be disappointed.".....confessingly, back then I was *SO* ragingly-hotheaded and exasperatingly-impatient, embarrassingly. I've finally become Comfortably Numb since in so many different ways }

Said reporter {I do not recall his name} also commented on how when you're driving, too often {even when YOU are the one with the right-of-way} at an intersection it is you who graciously-grants another person to pass, that other person then just passes on without even so much as waving or nodding you a "Thanks."

"As if you OWED it to them!" -the annoyed reporter guy.....who kind of reminds me of Steve Brown, but he was not Steve Brown
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio