Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-11-2007, 08:54 PM

16,177 posts, read 32,484,116 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sapphire View Post
Somebody didn't read the thread
I read the thread I was just in a TJ's in Pittsburgh this past week!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-11-2007, 09:11 PM

14,637 posts, read 35,021,548 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SmokyMtnGal View Post
I read the thread I was just in a TJ's in Pittsburgh this past week!
Oh, cuz your post said for SA to enjoy TJ's. I was just a little I guess.

Old 01-31-2009, 01:25 PM

5,615 posts, read 14,788,317 times
One thing to remember is that the selection at one HEB = the same variety you'd get at Fred Meyer + Albertsons + QFC + Safeway + Trader Joe's, with lower prices on top of that.

Old 01-31-2009, 01:29 PM

707 posts, read 1,845,195 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by scuba steve View Post
One thing to remember is that the selection at one HEB = the same variety you'd get at Fred Meyer + Albertsons + QFC + Safeway + Trader Joe's, with lower prices on top of that.
Can't beat Trader Joe's prices on some stuff! But what about competition to make sure prices are lower? We have Sunflower Farmer's Market here (and I believe they have that and Sprouts in Dallas)...I can get apples for .48/lb! You can't get apples for .48/lb at HEB.
I like to save money, especially in this economy!

Old 01-31-2009, 02:20 PM
Bo Bo won $500 in our forum's Most Engaging Poster Contest - Tenth Edition (Apr-May 2014). 

Over $104,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum and additional contests are planned

17,107 posts, read 38,098,960 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by miche111e View Post
Can't beat Trader Joe's prices on some stuff! But what about competition to make sure prices are lower? We have Sunflower Farmer's Market here (and I believe they have that and Sprouts in Dallas)...I can get apples for .48/lb! You can't get apples for .48/lb at HEB.
I like to save money, especially in this economy!
Whenever Trader Joe's comes to Texas, along with it will come Aldi, since they're corporate siblings. Aldi is where you'll get cheap produce.

In the meantime, an unconventional option for produce is the many mom and pop produce markets on the south side of town, near the San Antonio Produce Terminal.

Old 02-06-2009, 09:52 AM

1,314 posts, read 3,177,198 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bowie View Post
Whenever Trader Joe's comes to Texas, along with it will come Aldi, since they're corporate siblings. Aldi is where you'll get cheap produce.
You know, Aldi is reportedly opening a distribution center in Denton later this year.
http://www.city-data.com/forum/dalla...ld-trader.html

Old 03-20-2009, 10:55 AM

1 posts, read 3,798 times
I've been to a few differen't Trader Joe's and they're not all created equal. The ones in California had so much better selection, better vegetarian prices. I'm sure the ones they build in Texas will be targeted to Texan shoppers, like having more meat then vegetarian stuff. I still think nothing beats Wheatsville in Austin for the best small grocery store award.

Old 05-10-2010, 07:11 PM

3 posts, read 7,473 times
I might actually be able to survive here if they built a Trader Joes within a reasonable driving distance of Dallas.By the way, I grew up a few blocks away from an original Trader Joes which was then called Pronto Market in West L.A. for any fellow Angelenos out there!

Old 07-14-2010, 07:38 PM

1 posts, read 2,801 times
If Trader Joe's is really coming to San Antonio, my husband and I will be there quite often. We're have shopped at Trader Joe's all over the country; there presence here may keep us here even after retirement! It's a brilliant place to shop, not just for great wines but for everything they sell at extremely affordable prices. We particularly love the bread and the cheeses from all over the world!

Old 07-16-2010, 10:31 AM

97 posts, read 340,677 times
I wouldn't count on Trader Joe's coming into the market within the forseeable future. They are essentially the sister company to Aldi's and in Texas, Aldi is the retail format they plan on expanding upon...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio