Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Diego
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-01-2008, 12:48 PM

3 posts, read 8,067 times

Advertisements

Ever see the movie "Pay it Forward" with Kevin Spacey, Helen Hunt, and Haley Joel Osment. Great Movie and the message behind it is Novel. Some people have true Servant's Heart's. God Bless him for his efforts....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-01-2008, 06:28 PM

50 posts, read 101,951 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ricki Lynn Miller View Post
Ever see the movie "Pay it Forward" with Kevin Spacey, Helen Hunt, and Haley Joel Osment. Great Movie and the message behind it is Novel. Some people have true Servant's Heart's. God Bless him for his efforts....

let's spell that a leetil differently, like -- savant ya, I know, could be idiot savant [ sometimes I wonder -- ]

GOOD movie btw -- didn't particulary care fer the endin though

Old 10-02-2008, 09:54 AM

83 posts, read 304,892 times
Seriously! The ending ruined it for me. Here was this kid who did all these nice things and *that's* how the universe repays him???

Sheesh. Way to wreck a message there, Hollywood. Wonder if some French guy wrote the screenplay.

Old 10-02-2008, 06:25 PM

well, real life not everythin works out well every time -- there's folks *I* cain't help

an some I won't -- like the drunk that ran over a raised curb on the I-5 and blew a tire and was passed out @ the wheel

started ta help him, then realized he was plastered, so let the air outta another tire while he wasn't lookin so's he had TWO flats

let the CHP know where ta find him -- so's he wouldn't have a chance to hurt anyone else --

I have little patience for drunk drivers hadta clean up too much of their carnage!

Old 10-03-2008, 01:33 PM

2 posts, read 7,733 times
Default Vital help for the un-intoxicated.

Highwayman,

Thank you for treating the drunk driver(s) as you did/do.

No one would hand a loaded gun (a machine designed to kill) to someone who they know is loaded themselves, but bartenders, waitresses, friends and customers sometimes do watch and do not try to stop otherwise good, paying customers or friends as they slurr their goodbyes, stumble out to their vehicles, fumble with their keys and weave through the parking lot as they try to make it into traffic. That time line is about 30 seconds - 2 minutes long, and definately long enough for the waitress or the bartender or friend or even another customer to intervine by saying, "You don't have to risk an accident, friend. I've called a cab for you and I'll take care of the bill." Many more lives than those of the drivers would be saved and/or go on unchanged. You see, I lost the last two members of two generations of my family to a drunk driver, my Grandmother and Great Grandmother.

Thank you for not letting an obviously drunk driver get back behind the controls of his 'killing machine'.

guitarslinger65

Old 11-06-2008, 09:26 PM

ONEa them "WHOA" moments

by theHighwayman on Thu Nov 06, 2008 11:28 am
Week ago or so, had an older gent [ oldern me anyways ] drop by awishin ta git some snowchains fer his doctor son's SUV fer his birthday --

Declined to sell him some then as he wasn't drivin the vehicle they'd be for -- but DID demonstrate for him on his vehicle the fittin procedure
sayin I'd be gladta be of service *with* his son's vehicle here --

This mornin -- son's birthday they said -- They showed up to git the vehicle fitted -- gent hadn't told his son why they were comin jist took him fer a ride --

When I opened my shop door ta greet em the son did a double take -- he said to his dad "THAT'S the guy that saved me out on the freeway a month ago!

He'd had a blowout in a in a dangerous spot on NB I-5 @ the SR52 off where vehicles were whizzin by inches away

Whoda thunk???????

said he'd already started "passin it on" -- gave a blanket to a homeless person he'd encountered since --

Whoda thunk??????

it is one of the most beautiful compensations of this life that we cannot sincerely help another without helping ourselves in the bargain
http://www.chainsbysnowbird.com

theHighwayman

thought ya'll might enjoy this -- shure was a suprise fer me

Old 11-08-2008, 10:46 PM

415 posts, read 1,395,596 times
God bless you. You doing God's work.

Old 07-31-2009, 08:57 AM

Default Well now, these folks shure've helped

Shining World Leadership Thomas Weller - Highwayman to the Rescue - Video

I been lucky!

this has kept me bein able to be "out there" playin on the freeway as I liketa call it --

here's onea my bridge incidents that was fun --

ON the Coronado bridge today
Went out "searchin" tday -- took Shela to the dog park @ OB -- "She's" some happy -- been askin ta go
went over the bridge several times in the course of the day's run --
LAST time over WB I noticed in the EB lanes a tire "carcass" that hadn't been there previously -- turned around @ the plaza and started back EB -- passed the carcass as it was gittin hit and causin vehicles ta swerve to avoid it
keepin an eye peeled fer the vehicle that lost it as it couldn't have gotten too far --
THERE IT IS --- on the bridge "collector" ramp to NB I-5 -- on the curve -- right in the middle of the #2 lane ---a little old lady standin behind her MB sedan w the RR tire blown and shredded and the rim diggin into the road surface -- prob she hadn't been hit yet cause she WAS standin behind it and that made it noticeable enough fer drivers TO notice since the sun was makin the MB's hazard flashers hard ta see.
Well -- I "LIT UP" w everythin I have rear facin!! jumped out and began to rapidly change out the tire after advisin the lady to git inta the car where she'd be safer --
SEVERAL near TCs as drivers either ignore or can't see my warning displays ONE comes slidin to a stop jist feet away and our eyes lock and he mouths "sorry"
whirlwinding the change -- I look up fer a second, and see a CHP "lit up" and MOVIN through the traffic @ the crest of the bridge -- he covers the lane behind us w his cruiser sideways and comes up jist as I throw the shredded remains inta the trunk and yell fer the woman ta GO! GO! GO! no time fer nicities
anyways -- HE said thanks fer helpin her then we both "GOT the HELL outta Dodge"
several other "ordinary" incidents as well -- but THAT one -- well THAT'S the kind thing that keeps me "out there" searchin.

Old 09-07-2009, 08:18 AM

18,125 posts, read 11,759,576 times
How's everything going Highway Man?

I enjoyed your video. The world needs more people like you!

Old 09-07-2009, 08:57 AM

79 posts, read 197,441 times
thank you for showing us there are still people like you even today
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Diego