Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Francisco - Oakland
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-02-2019, 11:48 PM

38 posts, read 28,996 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by CorporateCowboy View Post
I completely disagree (and I live here). I’m not referring to the shops or eateries - but the vibe (and live music/holiday celebrations and quirkiness which is often a part of the whole area/FW). I also meant ‘loved’ in an ‘iconic image’ way. And, as a previous poster mentioned, who hasn’t idly sat on a lazy weekend morning to watch sea lions (or life pass by) and enjoy some sun. Tourists, yes - but contrary to ‘perceptions’, I personally find the atmosphere, views and feel of it energizing in its own way (and tourism brings a lot of money here). That said, I’m not stating it’s somewhere I go regularly - but I don’t avoid it, either. It has a feel that is unique (and quirky) to SF which you simply can’t experience in any other city in the same way, good or bad - so in that sense, it’s an integral part of living here.

The entire Bay Area is filled with tourists (not just Pier 39 and Fisherman’s Wharf) for that matter; it doesn’t take away from the City’s vibe, uniqueness, the Bay, or the natural beauty. In fact, tourism is a part of that ‘vibe’. Like it or not, Pier 39 and the GG are definitely ‘iconic’ images of the City.
I'm the poster who used to like watching sea lions, and I don't think tourists spoil anything. I'm a photographer and I could stare at the San Francisco Bay all day. I always felt safe there too. There are a couple of restaurants we found worthwhile for if you find yourself near it. Hog Island Oyster has the best clam chowder and good grilled oysters, get beer or wine and sit outside for rich views of The Bay while you eat or wait for your food.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-03-2019, 11:14 AM

10,351 posts, read 8,569,440 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CorporateCowboy View Post
Not picking any fights - I wanted her to join in the thread - jeeze. Tough crowd.
Ok, now that we have all that out of our system. I don’t live in San Francisco, but have been there enough. Along with most of what people say they like, I will add I love how the city in a small area can have so many personalities. Great views of the bay and the ocean.
Here in Atlanta we have what most cities have, but don’t have all the variety of San Francisco. The geography makes for a very interesting city too.

Old 05-03-2019, 02:15 PM

60 posts, read 35,544 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by aslowdodge View Post
Ok, now that we have all that out of our system. I don’t live in San Francisco, but have been there enough. Along with most of what people say they like, I will add I love how the city in a small area can have so many personalities. Great views of the bay and the ocean.
Here in Atlanta we have what most cities have, but don’t have all the variety of San Francisco. The geography makes for a very interesting city too.
Agreed there is a lot to love. It's just too expensive.

Old 05-03-2019, 02:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TashaPosh View Post
I *love* the Bay Area so far....tho some would think I am biased. I moved here because of an 8 month (& intense) long distance relationship so I probably would feel the same even if we were talking about...Arkansas, if he was there!

But...ita there is so much to see & do. I really love my new job & the people that work with me too....it's way more challenging & better pay than my old one.
Has he taken you shopping? Marmalade is one of my favorite boutiques but I love all the shopping in Union Square.

Old 05-03-2019, 03:35 PM

1,374 posts, read 2,435,214 times
OMG...I want my gf take me shopping in Union Square...boutique stores!!

Old 05-04-2019, 09:05 PM

9,297 posts, read 4,580,042 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kineki View Post
Has he taken you shopping? Marmalade is one of my favorite boutiques but I love all the shopping in Union Square.
Why woud you say my Bf needs to "take me" shopping...I make my own money! Aren't you the 1 who said I was only in it for now anyways? Lol..I love living here!

Old 05-06-2019, 02:53 PM

Quote:
Why woud you say my Bf needs to "take me" shopping...I make my own money! Aren't you the 1 who said I was only in it for now anyways? Lol..I love living here!
My ex used to take me shopping all the time. I didn't mean to start any trouble. You should still check it out. Union Square has some of the best shopping.

Old 05-06-2019, 03:10 PM

102,210 posts, read 107,883,295 times
Quote:
She probably meant: shown you around the good shopping areas (since you're new to the City).

Old 05-06-2019, 11:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kineki View Post
My ex used to take me shopping all the time. I didn't mean to start any trouble. You should still check it out. Union Square has some of the best shopping.
Why on earth would you think you started trouble? Not a trouble...we had some fun discussing your post & our plans.

I've already had a couple days off that I went shopping with a friend from my work but we spent lots of time at Westfield & just touched on Union Square...but my Bf is going to "take me" back next weekend. I can afford boutiques with him along...Lol.

There is so much to do & see in Sf...I'm finding it hard to fit it all in, without quitting my job.

Old 05-06-2019, 11:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
She probably meant: shown you around the good shopping areas (since you're new to the City).
No trouble...as it turned out she had a wonderful idea.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Francisco - Oakland