Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Francisco - Oakland
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-30-2019, 08:37 PM

9,297 posts, read 4,596,404 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 18Montclair View Post
It was not explained to my satisfaction and responding to your satisfaction is of zero concern to me.
Oh! It's Ok...my satisfaction has nothing to do with you anyways...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-30-2019, 08:43 PM

36,666 posts, read 67,617,460 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TashaPosh View Post
Oh! It's Ok...my satisfaction has nothing to do with you anyways...
I certainly hope so.

Old 04-30-2019, 08:48 PM

Tonight we're having one of my faves. Shrimp and sour cream burritos from Sinaloa in East Oakland.

Here is the review for their Berkeley dine in location.
https://guide.michelin.com/us/san-fr...loa/restaurant

Old 04-30-2019, 08:48 PM

9,297 posts, read 4,596,404 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 18Montclair View Post
I certainly hope so.
Sry...all the hoping in the world won't change it...but I think you meant "I certainly hope not".

Old 04-30-2019, 08:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TashaPosh View Post
Sry...all the hoping in the world won't change it...but I think you meant "I certainly hope not".
Ok now your getting whiny and its not a pretty look. Do see to that.

Old 04-30-2019, 09:00 PM

24,411 posts, read 27,021,173 times
Well this thread devolved quickly lol.

Old 04-30-2019, 09:29 PM

15,088 posts, read 13,468,134 times
I like many aspects of Bay area life, but it definitely helps to be upper class tech. It's just not a place you can enjoy if you don't have a lot of money.

On my most recent trip to SF, I got my car widow smashed in parking around Hayes Valley for less than an hour in broad daylight. That's an everyday epidemic now, want that way when I lived there. There's a lot going for it, but it's stuff like that that make it hard for me to enjoy the city as much as I wish I could.

Old 04-30-2019, 10:16 PM

8,720 posts, read 3,898,830 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ambient View Post
I like many aspects of Bay area life, but it definitely helps to be upper class tech. It's just not a place you can enjoy if you don't have a lot of money.
I hear what you are saying about affordability - but picturesque views of the Bay (or ocean), bike-riding the GG, exploring the City, beautiful drives, picnics in wine country, etc. are free (or can be experienced at minimal cost).

Old 05-01-2019, 08:39 AM

102,235 posts, read 108,110,164 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CorporateCowboy View Post
I hear what you are saying about affordability - but picturesque views of the Bay (or ocean), bike-riding the GG, exploring the City, beautiful drives, picnics in wine country, etc. are free (or can be experienced at minimal cost).
Skating in Golden Gate Park, when they close the park to traffic. Sunday Swing dancing on the bandstand in the park. Have you ever checked out Fort Point, during high tide? There's a parking area at the edge of the water. The waves come in so big, they explode on the embankment, and shower down onto the car. Pretty cool, if you're inside the car. It's like a free Disneyland attraction.

Star shows at the Planetarium. Free concerts in Stern Grove. Kite-flying, frisbee-tossing, strolling the beach anytime. Watching the hang-gliders at Fort Funston. Fishing at the beach below Marin Headlands. Picnics on Angel Island. Music and culture festivals on Treasure Island. Hiking in Mount Sutro forest. Exploring the Embarcadero and Ferry Building. Exploring the Russky and Georgian bakeries in the Richmond. (I love bakeries!) Exploring the funky shops on Fillmore, or the not-so-funky shops on Union Street.

This is the cool thing about SF; there's not only tons of stuff to do, there's tons of stuff to do for free, or nearly free.

Last edited by Ruth4Truth; 05-01-2019 at 08:51 AM..

Old 05-01-2019, 08:59 AM

8,720 posts, read 3,898,830 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post

This is the cool thing about SF; there's not only tons of stuff to do, there's tons of stuff to do for free, or nearly free.
Yep, that was my point in my previous post to the person who said it takes money to enjoy SF.

Much of what you mentioned, however, is time-sensitive (or interest specific) - unless you are stating those are things you enjoy about living here? (I forgot if you live here - Oakland maybe?) You also mentioned several things which are common to any large city or anywhere (planetarium, bakeries, frisbee-tossing, lol- etc.); I was trying to be more specific to the natural beauty of the Area. That said, I’ve lived here a long time, and I have never skated (or participated in Swing Dancing) - lol, but that’s me.

Last edited by CorporateCowboy; 05-01-2019 at 09:24 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Francisco - Oakland